Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Nope. it's for snowflakes.
  2. It took almost a full year, but here on the East Coast, it looks like Trump has solved the Global Warming issue. :smilielol5: Tom
  3. Snowflake alert.
  4. At least you kept it under the speed limit and avoided excessive wind Chill. :jester: Hope to see it out on track at NJMP with us next year. So DON"T blow up this engine!! :deadhorse: Merry Christmas. Tom
  5. Yep you definitely nailed the description of Croc. Dead on. :smilielol5:
  6. Give it your best shot Shane!!! It will be great to have you out on track with us again. Merry Christmas. Tom
  7. Hi Cam, Don't really know how fast the tires heat up, but most of my Autoxing courses were 65 seconds or less, so I doubt I could get much if any heat into the tires. I never hillclimbed so can't opine there. The ten Inch hoosier slicks did not get as much heat on track as the narrower tired cars but they stuck like glue in my opinion. I have the Kodiak wheels as speced by Michael D. They are on the car and the car is up on the lift so I can't readily measure the back spacing but 4.5 inches sounds about right from memory. If you have Clams you'll be fine up front. Cycle wings Not so much. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit them on my orange car. Tom PS my yellow car has a 1.8L Rover K series, not that Vauxhall boat anchor. :jester:
  8. I autoxed for 8 years and used the R25B 10 inch Hoosiers at about 12psi. I think the reason the big Hoosiers are used is that you really don't have any time to get heat in to the tires with the short Autox runs. I've also used those same size hoosiers on the track, but moved to a slightly taller size for better top end gearing and they work great too.
  9. Kitcat, you are my idol. I've watched this years video many times and you are so spry that you can get up and over the roll cage and into your seat faster than most can get in a normal car. And I know how old you are. :svengo: I just hope that I can still get into my car when I'm your age. :jester: Since we are confessing, I too lied to my wife. I told her I'd sell the Yellow Caterham when I bought the Orange one, but I just can't bring myself to sell it. Oh well, it gives her something to bitch about other than my growing bourbon collection. :deadhorse:
  10. HaHa, mine were taped on. For some reason they fell off before my first drive. Hope you are out enjoying it today. Tom
  11. Congrats! Enjoy your drives before it gets too cold. Tom
  12. Hope to see you back out on the track at NJMP next season John. Tom
  13. Jay. The switch can be adjusted with the nut that is on it. Tom
  14. Forget the Chassis plate and get it ready for the Track. :jester: Tom
  15. UhOh, looks like there is a new top gun in town. Nice work Tom, Seb and Simon are starting to tear down their engines and are trying to figure out how to stuff a lot more horses into their S3 chassis. Tom:seeya:
  16. Fred, but look at you now, A driving god on track. :hurray: You may want to share how you solved the issue of the automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters? :jester: Seriously, Fred built a nice BEC that does real well out on track. Tom
  17. How much horsepower do you have? Are you just doing street or are you going to track it? Most of the UK Lotus seven guys stay with same size fronts and rears with lower powered cars. The higher powered ones, usually do a bit larger in the rear. My 2000 Superlight with 195hp at the flywheel came with 185x55x13 up front and 205x50x13 in the rear . More rear grip less drifting. Your preference. Tom
  18. Tony Mills, is the parts guy I deal with. Tony.Mills@caterham.com He should answer your email if you ask him who you should speak with or email. Tom
  19. Just goes to prove that you should NEVER EVER try to out brake Todd!!!:driving: Congrats Todd. Tom
  20. yellowss7

    Eddie Hill

    I'm guessing an F2000. Tom
  21. Sounds like a simple plan to me, Finish your project, sell it to Croc and buy his Caterham SV. Easy Peasy. Tom:hurray:
  22. Glen, Make Croc an offer. and set up a payment plan over then next 50 years. He'll go for that. :jester: You know you are a Se7ener at heart. Tom
  23. Croc doesn't cut corners. His cars are all professionally maintained and track tested so you know it is a nice solid car. I hope it stays local and joins us on track at NJMP. Tom
  24. Probably won't help anyone as I think I may be the lone Caterham/Se7en with a paddle shift system, but I have been struggling with an issue since the Seven's Trackdays at NJMP where my car would get stuck in a gear or refuse to shift into Neutral or refuse to shift at all. The system is a pneumatically driven, with a couple of micro switches in the paddles that sends the signal to the brain and activates the pneumatic solenoids. It's a really slick system, that allows flat clutchless up shifts and blips to match revs on the down shifts. On track it is awesome!!! WHEN IT WORKS. :rant: The devil is in the complexity. Simon450 has been helping me with the pneumatic issues which is some condensation build up that affects the solenoids from activating. But there was also an electrical issue that was preventing the solenoids from getting a signal at all. The problems being intermittent added to the frustration. Two week ago after a full 25 minute track session, where it ran great, coming into the paddock, it wouldn't shift into Neutral. then after it went into Neutral, wouldn't shift up or down. It wasn't until I removed the steering wheel and turned it over when it clicked and then would go into gear, We traced it to a section of the harness about 4 inches in from the plug that the removable steering wheel cable attached on the harness side of the connection. Bad news was that the wires were 26 gauge and used a Deustch type plug and pin which we didn't have. But the pins came in and connections fixed so today I had it out for the full 4 sessions today with no issues at all. Shifting as it should. Made driving a pleasure when not having to worry whether it would shift everytime I pulled on the paddles. Thanks for letting me vent. Tom
  25. Great Job Todd, but you're supposed to sandbag a bit to make them think you got lucky. Now they will probably load you down with 100 lbs of lead. :jester: sorry I didn't make it out, had a wedding in south Delaware and just got back home now. Hopefully I'll make it out next year. Congrats again! :hurray: Tom
×
×
  • Create New...