-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
I typed this up last night, but obviously too tired to click on the post button. So I found this message still sitting and waitng to be posted when I woke up this morning. Duh! Just got back to the hotel after our dinner and awards presentations. What a day and what a night. Brutally hot today and there was a little drama with some mechanical issues and some on track debris. Fred's home built BEC came up a little lame this morning due to and intake issue. Jeff's Caterham had an ECU go tits up and I had a incident with a cone on track in the racing line which took out my left rear wing and left me with a nice bruise on my bicep Other than the heat it was a great day. Jay, Blackhole, was given the green light to advance from the novice group to join the other sevens on track and he performed admirably out there. The level of driving out there was tremendous, with everyone being courteous and competent. A great safe two days on track.
-
The 1144 are the Mintex pads. That's what came standard on my car with the AP/Caterham 4 pot front uprated brakes. Tom
-
Only bad news for croc is that they were all gone when he woke up. And we rode them hard and put them away hot. ;>) Great day on track, Heading out to the Dinner on the River. I'm exhausted. Tom
-
Great first day. Everyone seems to have arrived with limited issues. Very hot for those who drove there cars 5 plus hours to get here. Tom, from Colorado, Steve from St. Louis, Mike from Cincy, Mario from Florida, and George from NC and Jay and Seb from Conneticut, all seemed to have arrived in good spirits. Karting was brutal. as usual. Lots of bumping and the competiion was fierce. The light weight guys had an unfair advantage over us more big boned guys. :jester: Lots of fun and the dinner poolside had lots of good conversations. This is a great group of guys and gals to hang out with. We are all a little nuts. di Tomorrow starts with breakfast at 7am and tech at 8am. Drivers meeting at 8:30 and our group picture on track following imidiately after the meeting. If you have a seven, or are considering buying one, you need to come out and join us next year. I'm a little biased, but there is nothing like this. Good fun, great people and the food and atmosphere is amazing. I'm sure we will have some pictures tomorrow, to share with you all. You are all missing out on the fun. Start your planning for next year now. :party: Tom
-
The event is finally here. I'm all packed up and will head over first thing in the morning. Croc is already on site. But just learned that there is a Bike group on Lightning tomorrow, so we may have to delay our set up if our normal area is occupied. Hopefully we won't have an issue, but Croc and I will be there. Call us if you have an issue at the front gate. Looking forward to another fun couple of days on track and dinners in the evening. TBox, Kitcat, BBall, MattC and Mario have been on the road for a day or two making the trip East and North. Hope your travels have been uneventful. See you all tomorrow. Tom
-
Dermot, I have a spare set of arm restraints that you can borrow if yours don't come it. Drive carefully, Tom
-
Bada Boom. :svengo:
-
Safe Travels Tom. We will have a cold one waiting for you on your arrival. Tom
-
Need to register 48 hours before the event to avoid the late fees. I'd do it Wednesday night to be safe. I just don't know how accurate their system is.
-
Roman, just be aware that NJMP has begun enforcing a late fee for registrations not made 48 hours ahead of time. They will charge you if you wait until the last minute. Fore warned is fore Armed. Tom
-
knock it off, we do not talk about the weather as not to anger the nice weather gods. :toetap05: Besides, I have a cool shirt system :chillpill: :rofl: and I can't wait to try out the head cooling unit that I got for Christmas.
-
Sorry Roman, my wife said no. :jester: Countdown down to one week now. Hopefully all your last minute fixes, purchases, etc are almost done. Last night while changing out my face shield on my helmet my headset for the intercom fell apart. New sticky Velcro ordered on Ebay, hopefully comes in by Thursday. Need to change over the coolant to the summer mix, but other than cleaning off the rubber marks from the last year of driving, I'm good to go, will start packing up the truck and trailer next week. Still time to register if you get the urge. Can't wait to see you all. Tom
-
I don't know about WCM Ultralights, but on Caterhams, shimming under the steering rack is the cure. Good luck. Tom
-
Paul, if you are coming down the NJ Tpk., you could go down to the exit that gets you onto 322E and take 322 E to 55S. 322 is a single lane for the most part, easy, just don't speed. It may be a bit longer but gets you away from that 42 nightmare, that I don't even like driving in just a car.
-
Tom, If you used Pa 100, then you will get off the Turnpike at the Downingtown Exit, #312 and take Pa 100 S to Rt 202S. Then you can follow 202 S, to connect with I 95 North then get off onto 322E which will put you on the Commadore Barry Bridge.
-
Definitely get off at Exit 24 vs 27 as it is trailer friendly and actually is no difference time wise. Tom
-
Justt dropped off my Yellow Caterham at the CrocPit. Now there are 4 Se7ens there. Only 2 more Weeks to go. TBox56 is probably almost packed and ready to head out. :seeya: Croc's selection of trophies this year is outstanding. Assuming everyone makes it, this will be a new record turnout even with a few of the regulars missing due to family commitments. Still two weeks to get your act together and join us if you are on the fence. Where else are you going to see 20+++ Sevens at and on the track together and get to hang out with a bunch of other 7 nuts. Plus the food and drinks aren't bad either. Don't forget your bathing suit as the pool is open. I might even have to clean the rubber off my car as Croc was polishing his cars when I left. :leaving: Tom
-
I've used the Simpson ones. Just have to make sure that the loops at the ends of the straps are large enough to get over your shoulder harness buckles. Tom
-
Mike and I just heard from a couple of V8 Storker owners who have said that they plan on attending this year. It will be good to have the Stalkers back in the paddock. So right now assuming everyone that expressed interest shows up, we could be at 22 or more 7s at the event. Birkins, Westfield, WCM ultralight, Stalkers, Caterhams, Superformance S1, and a couple of home built 7s. A pretty good representation of the Se7en community. Still time for anyone else thinking about attending to sign up. Or just show up and hang out with us if you don't want to put your car on track. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some new attendees. Tom
-
I have one as well. Tom
-
Beer, Babes and Bacon. :party::jester:
-
Frustrating. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out. Good Luck. Tom
-
Graham, If you have the spare parts you might need, there's usually some help available to make any minor repairs. Things like brake pads, bearings,etc are things that you should look into gathering now if you suspect that they are needed. Last year Jeff had a complete front hub failure during the first run session and luckily we were able to find a set and had him back on track by the end of the day. Never hurts to have a few spares on hand. Tom
-
Less that a month now. Weather is finally looking like it's going to flip over to summer. Time to start polishing. :jester: Here is the current list of potential attendees. Hopefully we will drag a few more of you out for some fun. Hint Hint, Michael D.:party: Drivers 1) Croc 2)Yellowss7 3)Kitcat 4)SK400 5)Black Hole 6)JBH 7)Simon450 8)Spc_CwBy 9)Ottocycle 10)Wemtd 11)FMorser 12)BirkinDave H 13)TBox56 14)Dave D and Bev 15)Dan3030 +1 16)FastG 17)BBall7754 18 RGTorque 19 Chris S 20) D15b7 Spectating: 1)Blake J
-
Croc and I were wondering if you were going to join us again. What new additions have you been working on? Tom
