New guy. Here is my Cat

Vovchandr

20 hours ago, IamScotticus said:

Just ground everything.

That's just the thing. Took the power probe to it. It wasn't live 12v, it also wasn't ground and alternator was already grounded. Hence I just left it alone for now. So far so good after a 5 mile test.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Vovchandr said:

Another shakedown run today with no issues

It's about time!  :D Hopefully this is part of a long-term trend.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Croc said:

Looks like it was photoshopped?  Where's the coolant or oil leak?

I hear weeds are a great absorbent.

Incidentally, did you ever figure out what was causing your rev hang when off-throttle? I seem to recall you mentioning it in a post in this thread from probably many years ago. I've searched all over the internet and had a quick correspondence with Borla (ex-TWM) on the matter, but interested to hear what you found.

My behavior is the same as many people seem to have had with them, which is once warmed up, I come off the accelerator pedal and the throttles hang open just enough to idle at 2500-3000rpm or so. A quick blip of the throttle will cause them to reset. When I googled this, I feel like I found somebody identifying the causes as bent shaft(s) on the throttle butterflies, but didn't get a confirmed answer. The solution, via circa-2005 Honda-Tech members was to just add another spring to help pull them shut. TWM/Borla later added a dual return spring, and the parts are available to retrofit mine. I'm going to do that as a matter of safety (after all, dual return springs are better), and it may fix the symptom too, though probably not fixing the root cause.

Uploaded a video showing the behavior. Apologies for the excessive camera movement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2024 at 6:26 PM, Slonie said:

Incidentally, did you ever figure out what was causing your rev hang when off-throttle? I seem to recall you mentioning it in a post in this thread from probably many years ago. I've searched all over the internet and had a quick correspondence with Borla (ex-TWM) on the matter, but interested to hear what you found.

My behavior is the same as many people seem to have had with them, which is once warmed up, I come off the accelerator pedal and the throttles hang open just enough to idle at 2500-3000rpm or so. A quick blip of the throttle will cause them to reset. When I googled this, I feel like I found somebody identifying the causes as bent shaft(s) on the throttle butterflies, but didn't get a confirmed answer. The solution, via circa-2005 Honda-Tech members was to just add another spring to help pull them shut. TWM/Borla later added a dual return spring, and the parts are available to retrofit mine. I'm going to do that as a matter of safety (after all, dual return springs are better), and it may fix the symptom too, though probably not fixing the root cause.

Uploaded a video showing the behavior. Apologies for the excessive camera movement.

I had a few problems. One cable was sticking within housing. Two cable housing was popping out of ITB merger housing and getting hung on it causing rev. A blip might dislodge it and place it. 3 other issues such as IAC etc. 4 springs were also an issue. ..I've had ITBs rebuilt by Borla and dual spring installed by them. 

Too many variables!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

IIRC Slomove had a ‘key’ on the back of his car to look like an old ‘wind up’ toy (or go kart in this case).  This was probably 10-15years ago… It may have also involved a surfboard.  Possibly on the old Birkin forum. 

Like this - but home made

image.jpeg.6ac0f87659310604b3eabb310fa2c71f.jpeg

Edited by wemtd
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have found myself in familiar shoes today. Doing a workout of pushing 1300 rolling lbs.

Lucky for me it was a quick fix. I thought I lost throttle cable but it was even drastic than that. Having tools on hand proved itself once again 

PXL_20240728_212846528.jpg

PXL_20240728_213308616.jpg

Edited by Vovchandr
  • Like 1

I've been fiddling with my throttle body linkages lately and I was surprised that many of the lock nuts were loose, so I tightened them. Is that what happened to you here? (note that this did not fix my own rev hang, but from your example, it was definitely was worth doing!)

2 minutes ago, Slonie said:

I've been fiddling with my throttle body linkages lately and I was surprised that many of the lock nuts were loose, so I tightened them. Is that what happened to you here? (note that this did not fix my own rev hang, but from your example, it was definitely was worth doing!)

It's hard to tell if it was lose or just gotten lose. None of those are lock tite'ed. I believe this is how it came once it came back after being rebuilt from the manufacturer (BORLA) after I send it out to them. I haven't messed with that linkage in particular. I've probably put on about 1200 miles since the the ITB's came back.

I also can't tell if the nut has migrated down from vibration or the linkage was really on there with just a few threads.

Either was was pleased it was nothing serious or didn't happen on the highway (I was just about to get on)

I have noticed that throttle was feeling a little strange over the last few ourtings (harder to press) likely was/is related.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a storm pending coming to our area today while I was at work. Decided to try out tonneau cover for the first time after owning it for about 4 years now

PXL_20240814_200449361.thumb.jpg.11e6dd20db9e6515532b6dca3c3fef5d.jpg

Naturally the rain missed us. 

• Haha 1