Jump to content

Need a 7 - Lotus or Caterham


Rodnok
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rodnok said:

Thanks for the heads-up, I'm on it

 

While sooooometimes (rarely) you can find a 7 that's not covered by Crocs sleuthing of the internet, this forum won't be the source to do so. 

 

So yes while you're here, that thread is your absolute best option to have coverage over vast majority of 7s for sale in the USA and Canada at any point in time. 

 

A few specific Facebook groups and Forums will be exceptions that might get missed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try Sevens and Elans in St Augustine, FL. They often have a Caterham or two that Croc has missed. They have sold more Caterhams than any one else. Though the owner has semi-retired, he seems to be pretty busy still.

 

Ditto Loony, Lotus Owners Of New York. And, either  may know of someone thinking of selling who hasn’t gotten around to listing their car yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kitcat said:

They have sold more Caterhams than any one else. 

 

 

I don't think so.  There is more than one person in the US who has claimed that to me over the years.  I subscribe to the factory's view on the matter. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, will you agree Sevens and Elans have at least  sold a lot of Caterhams over the years:)?


Who does Caterham UK say is, cumulatively, the largest purveyor of Caterhams in the U.S.?
 

In its recent Caterham build article, Road & Track described the owner of Sevens and Elans, Chris Tzchorzeneki, as a “legend” in Caterham circles. So the place is at least knowledgeable as to Caterhams. 


When I visit their site, they typically have a pristine used Cat for sale. That’s why I listed them on this thread as a supplement to your much more comprehensive list. They just sold a beautiful blue SV with Zetec power that looked new. My impression is their prices are a bit on the high side but comparable, or less, than the BAT prices for Caterhams.

 

 

 

Edited by Kitcat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tchorznicki.   I thank you. I no longer update my web page. But I just sold a supercharged SV with 1 phone call. In the last 2 years I have sold 7 cars that were never advertised. I am sure that there are now more agents that have sold more Caterham’s than me. But I have been doing it for 37 years. I was also selling 10-20 cars a year before the days of the internet. Currently I am restoring an S2 and have just purchased another S2 for restoration. Both are RHD.  Plus have 3 Elans being restored and still have my XI to finish. 
 

fotsyr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2021 at 8:37 PM, Rodnok said:

No time to build, I want to drive. Location not an object for the right car. I'm in northern AZ not far from Las Vegas. Any leads will be most appreciated.

sent you a pm-- I live in golden valley about 20 miles away from you,  john

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am the very happy buyer of the blue and white supercharged Zetec SV mentioned above.  Chris has been fantastic throughout the process (car arrives in STL this week).  I spent a lovely afternoon with him at Sevens & Elans last week for a thorough walk-around/under/through of the car, very patiently answering all my questions and even briefly taking me to school with a few jaw dropping blasts around the shop.  I'd been searching for 8 years.  It was worth the wait.  Rodnok, good luck with your search!  

catDec10 (2).jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi and thanks for your message and spectacular photo. I just got off the phone with Chris and we are close to making a deal. Everyone on the site has been so helpful with this - what a great group of people. Chris is the enthusiasts enthusiast. I'm really looking forward to working with him.

Happy motoring in that gorgeous  ride - I'm a little jealous...

Mark, aka RodNok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome jordway, what a beautiful Caterham! Not many supercharged Zetecs out there.

 

bball7754 is a long time Caterham owner, USA7s member and Caterham enthusiast, located in St Louis, he could be a rich local source of Caterham info.

 

And, pretty cool Rodnok!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kitcat said:

bball7754 is a long time Caterham owner, USA7s member and Caterham enthusiast, located in St Louis, he could be a rich local source of Caterham info.

YES!  Steve has already been a great help.  I've probably already bugged him too much about advice on registering in MO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, jordway said:

I am the very happy buyer of the blue and white supercharged Zetec SV mentioned above.  Chris has been fantastic throughout the process (car arrives in STL this week).  I spent a lovely afternoon with him at Sevens & Elans last week for a thorough walk-around/under/through of the car, very patiently answering all my questions and even briefly taking me to school with a few jaw dropping blasts around the shop.  I'd been searching for 8 years.  It was worth the wait.  Rodnok, good luck with your search!  

catDec10 (2).jpg

 

Nice looking car!

 

May I ask what supercharger your 7 has? Is it a Rotrex? I'm going to shoehorn one into an S3 and might have to pick your brain in the future.

 

Any pictures of the setup? Feel free to message or upload it to the gallery in order to preserve the thread. 

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2021 at 7:21 AM, Kitcat said:

Try Sevens and Elans in St Augustine, FL. They often have a Caterham or two that Croc has missed. They have sold more Caterhams than any one else. Though the owner has semi-retired, he seems to be pretty busy still.

 

Ditto Loony, Lotus Owners Of New York. And, either  may know of someone thinking of selling who hasn’t gotten around to listing their car yet.

Thanks again for the heads-up about Chris at Sevens and Elans. He will be building/restoring a 1965 7 for me. Exactly what I was hoping to find.

HO! HO! HO!

Mark, AKA Rodnoc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rodnok said:

Thanks again for the heads-up about Chris at Sevens and Elans. He will be building/restoring a 1965 7 for me. Exactly what I was hoping to find.

HO! HO! HO!

Mark, AKA Rodnoc


Kudos @Kitcat for brokering and finding a 7 from the small % of sales not covered on the forum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rodnok said:

Thanks again for the heads-up about Chris at Sevens and Elans. He will be building/restoring a 1965 7 for me. Exactly what I was hoping to find.

HO! HO! HO!

Mark, AKA Rodnoc

Congratulations, and excellent choice (I'm a bit biased towards 65 7s :).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...