420 CSR progress, Purple People Eater ;) 😈

UglyFast

1 hour ago, Croc said:

Its Barney!  

barney GIF

I like the color - sharp looking.  

Thanks @Croc. Bruce has been pretty great thru this whole (incredibly murky and messy) process. I guess one shouldn't expect German precision when ordering a car (Jeremy Clarkson voice) "built in a shed in Kent".  

I'm anxious to get this car. Even by pandemic Caterham standards, it's been a verrrrry long process.  (Wifey says we're not doing this again, says next time I want a fast car I'll just point to a color and get a new 911 out of a vending machine rather than her having to live with me thru this again).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, IamScotticus said:

Its soooo.....

Wait for it........

P u r r r r p l e

Yeah here's the thing. Factory has only painted 2 this color thus far. Press car in England and mine (US bound eventually maybe perhaps). 

Here's the other thing:. I'm never, ever gonna roll up to a stoplight in the same exact car as anyone. Ever. 

Maybe my mommy didn't hug me enough lol. 

Plus I love the color. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it would ever happen, but were I in this situation  I would be wondering if a moving of operations from Kent to an Asian location would be happening.  And hoping my car got out before the exodus.

If I were an executive at VT holdings, that would be the plan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Allegedly my car will be ready to be picked up from Caterham Cars October 10th. Of course as usual not entirely sure if that means October 10th of *this year* or some unknown year in the future lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From then I guess it wanders to the coast, gets packed on to a barge, them starts wandering westwards towards the east coast here. 

My best guess is I'll either be in it for cold mountain blats by Christmas or my future grandchildren will stand around it long after I'm gone wondering why I bought a car so violently purple.  

Either way, I'm crazy excited. 

Edited by UglyFast
Typo

That's great news!  Not sure if your experience will be different, but looking at my car's recent timetable, factory pickup supposedly happened on 8/25 and the ship left port on 9/8.  Add 2 weeks to reach Charlotte plus the unloading process and you may have your car the second week of November.  

-John

2 hours ago, JohnCh said:

That's great news!  Not sure if your experience will be different, but looking at my car's recent timetable, factory pickup supposedly happened on 8/25 and the ship left port on 9/8.  Add 2 weeks to reach Charlotte plus the unloading process and you may have your car the second week of November.  

-John

Thanks John. Very, very hopeful that after all the sideways delays, the stops and starts, then the backing up and starting again that Caterham and everyone else involved makes this bit of the process as smooth as possible. 

In my head I'm now plotting a freezing Christmas blat for myself. Lol. 

Edited by UglyFast

1 hour ago, wdb said:

I just read the whole thread. Quite a test of patience! And quite a car at the end of it.

I'm telling ya, I'll likely never order a brand new car again. It's the first time I've ever done so. Been an experience, to say the least. 

Be very, very happy to get my lil machine. 😈💪😜

So I had a call today with Bruce. (Beachman Racing). Seems my car may really, truly, actually be ready to be picked up from Caterham Cars on October 10th to head to the coast and await shipping to the USA. 

I'm hoping it is complete and whole and has no further surprise delays as I am more than ready to have her home in my garage. 

Here's hoping that if/when it is picked up this coming Monday I will get some sort of confirmation.  

We shall see. I'm beyond excited, as I have been for quite a while, to finally see in person what the folks at Caterham have been working so hard to build me. 

😈🤪💪😈👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, BruceBe said:

Oh don't you worry, there will be more surprises :classic_smile:

But, we'll get through them.

-Bruce

Bruuuuuuce!  I thought you were to cool for the internet.  Hahaha

Whatever you do don't read all my posts and see how much smack I've talked about you lol!  

(For the record to anyone thinking of jumping in a 7, @BruceBe has demystified the process at every turn, logistically, actively, masterfully). 

This is not a sales thing, I'm not a buddy just fake pumping him up, I've still never met him in person, though I assume one day I will but the west coast is soooooo far ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'm just a happy customer, glad to have him doing the heavy lifting.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fun fact, for those still paying attention to this absolutely beleaguering tale of hurry up and wait, I have a tiny update. 

@BruceBe (my hero) has it on good authority my violently violet CSR will be on a ship on or about Nov 5, and will got American shores Nov 14!  Huzzah. Really, HUZZAH!  

Also yesterday at the intersection of boredom and bucket list I somehow bought a pristine 2 owner 1995 Acura NSX. 

So, yeah, I'm a happy chappy!

Also if my wife or her lawyers ask it cost $12,995, tax title and tags. Lol.

4A89F26E-A774-4E70-92DD-8E680E76E934.thumb.jpeg.4765e77f588640297e1e77700a52fb06.jpeg

Edited by UglyFast
Pic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Vovchandr said:

Score!

You have quite an array of cars. To the point I don't envy it. I'm happy I narrowed down what I like to a very small list of cars and bikes. 

It's simply tOoOoOo many cars. I also have... others. Lol. Bewildering array, I agree. 

Anywho, when/if I get my 7, I'll be parking it in the downstairs linen closet. Lol. One Toyota will be on the roof. The other Yota in my neighbors pool for safe keeping. 

(Yeah it's too too many cars, I know it. I really do. Just *had* to grab this thing. It's clean like showroom clean, and I got a *deal* and it ticks a massive box for me and we're all running outta time, by days and decades, all the clocks keep ticking, except the one in my BMW weirdly lol.)  

Convo from my house tonight...

Wife: this is the last car, right?

Me: of course... But I do know a guy with a DB2 project. 

C'mon down/up/over and we'll rip some mountain roads in whatever. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!  One word of warning as you track your ship; if it's like my experience, it will disappear for several days at a time (4 days was the longest).  Although that can be a bit concerning, it turns out it was just GPS/app issues, not a shipwreck or pirates.  I'm sure you'll have the car soon.

-John