KnifeySpoony Posted June 19 Posted June 19 1 hour ago, CBuff said: Or maybe pick some good roads and do a soft street drive in them. Hoosiers on the street?
pethier Posted July 6 Posted July 6 13" Yokohama A052 at KitCarDirect https://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/products/yokohama-advan-a052-tyre?variant=53701139235159 Both 205 and 195. I don't see these on Tire Rack. 1
CBuff Posted July 6 Author Posted July 6 My 2023 420r with 3.91 rear end and 5 speed (11k miles ). The lsd has started to make a lot of noise. Slow full lock turns sound like it’s coming apart. Pre load is still at 38lbs and the wheel turn in the same direction when raised. the sound makes me think I am living on borrowed time. And I can’t stand the clanking grinding noise anyway. spoke with Steve perks at Tracsport. He is sourcing me a new 3.64 diff from caterham and dropping in a Tracsport lsd and sending me the entire unit. We will see if I have the skills to replace the unit. Money sent late last week. Will see when it arrives.
KnifeySpoony Posted July 6 Posted July 6 2 minutes ago, CBuff said: My 2023 420r with 3.91 rear end and 5 speed (11k miles ). The lsd has started to make a lot of noise. Slow full lock turns sound like it’s coming apart. Pre load is still at 38lbs and the wheel turn in the same direction when raised. TADTS
CBuff Posted Monday at 10:10 PM Author Posted Monday at 10:10 PM I recieved my new diff with the transport lsd in late August. Will likely attempt the install over the winter
KnifeySpoony Posted Monday at 11:01 PM Posted Monday at 11:01 PM Diff install was a royal cunt for my build. I wish you godspeed.
Ian7 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago On 7/6/2026 at 7:56 PM, CBuff said: The lsd has started to make a lot of noise. Slow full lock turns sound like it’s coming apart. In 2 years and only 11k miles? Did you drain it and see what came out? Did you even get any oil out, never mind any metallic bits? I notice the "no oil" sticker on the new unit, any chance your original was dry? (but hard to imagine a dry diff lasting 11k miles).
CBuff Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago @Ian7 I def checked it before using it and it had some type of oil in it. I changed it out to the suggested motul 75w90 (1.3 liters). The stuff that came out was brown ish but dont know what it was like going in. I added some Redline 80301 limited slip friction modifier back in august. that helped a little. The pre load has remained steady at about 35ft lbs. Operationally it hasn't changed in performance. Since the titan LSD is bound to fail, I figured I would get the tacsport lsd and the 3.64 diff. It's def not happening until winter. Maybe get the 3.91 rebuilt and either sell it or have it as a backup.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now