The Goat's Birkin Under Construction

scannon

Thank you for sharing your story. I can relate to the temperature issues you experienced with my own adventures. The car looks wonderful and I am sure you will sort out these types of new build issues with fettling over time.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have some high aspirations for getting my car registered on Monday. I think I am going to go the specialized plate route. Want to see which ones you guys like. They are all available in Nevada:

7SUPER7

5TNG W8

FITNGW8

ONRAILZ

LIGHTW8

SPRSPED

GO FSTR

LAWBRKR

SHOTGUN

SPR 7

WHTISIT

I think my favorites are 7SUPER7 and SPRSPED. I was going to get FITNGW8 for my Exige before I sold it. I am not sure it fits the seven as well as the Exige has a much more aggressive look.

Maybe I should put it up for a vote.

I would worry about the LAWBRKR or SPRSPED depending on the local police sense of humor. Not sure about the Nevada cops but a few CHP that I had the pleasure to meet at the side of the road were no-nonsense guys.

But 7SUPER7 and LIGHTW8 look good to me.

When I was trying to get insurance I found that since my wife had filed claims for windshield repairs (which showed as activity) Hagerty's wouldn't insure us. In NC there are no exclusion laws meaning that I couldn't exclude her from the policy. When I finally did get insurance it was such a relief that I almost went with WFCNTDRV.

almost...

So, strike one at the DMV. Got through all inspections but was stopped at the counter for not having an MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) and a clear Bill of Sale from Texas Motor Works. But they did give me a cut to the front of the line pass and a 30 day temp tag.

Now, just waiting for Dick to assist with providing the necessary documentation...

Out of curiosity what did Nevada call it?

Birkin seven, S3, Lotus Seven replica....

I am contemplating the most appropriate and bureaucratically acceptable terminology for my Birkin in Kentucky

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to title it as a "Birkin S-3". NV said it will be a "Spec. Construction Birkin S-3".

This thing is still not titled though. In what has been my experience with this vehicle since June 1 of over a year ago, I am waiting for Dick at TMW to provide me with something. Almost a month has passed since I put in a simple paperwork request. But then again, my car took almost 6 months to be delivered even though I was promised only a few months by Dick. I should not be surprised.

Got to love it...

• 1 month later...