The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale

Croc

ahhh Bob - you had inside knowledge to out-trick me! :cheers:

The reason you cannot create a new thread is because you are not a fully paid up member. At least thats what I think it is but an administrator will be along soon enough if you rubbish Westfields!

You can always put an ad on Craigslist and I accidentally "find it" and link it here.;)

Croc, I suspect that in the next few minutes, there will be an ad for a 2012 Brunton Stalker on the Craigslist from Tallahassee, Florida that is fully registered/titled as a 1963 Lotus 7. My wife is retiring and we have decided to move to a South Florida beach community rather than visiting one periodically. I don't know how I will live without a 4-car garage but I guess downsizing as you get older is sometimes inevitable? The car is very well sorted and was built/designed by Scott Minehart and does not have any of the horror stories I have been hearing about by some home-built cars. There is definitely and advantage to having a good factory build and a very well sorted vehicle. The ride is surprisingly supple for a quick car and it makes horsepower in a way that is quite controllable. From what I have been reading on another forum here, reliability is not always built into some of these Lotus clones. Bob

Croc, It is a miracle! I just found a 2012 factory-built M-Spec Stalker on Tallahassee's Craiglist. It comes with new Toyo R888's and has been completely freshened by Scott Minehart prior to taking delivery of it a few months ago. Unfortunately, the owner's wife has decided that we need to live at the beach which is not a serious compromise. My one and only autocross day along with exquisite blats in the North Florida/South Georgia countryside will never be forgotten. This car was the culmination of a dream following almost buying a 1962 Lotus that Chapman's group had built in England when I was in high school in the mid 1960's in Southern California. AstroBob

Bob,

If you are going to be relocating close to Mario, you guys might could share a garage. He lives in a condo and has a garage separate from the property. Just a thought.

xcarguy, I bought the Stalker to cope with what I thought was going to be another 3 years in North Florida where we have tons of twisty country roads. We then switched gears (pun intended) and decided that my wife ought to retire and consider taking a part-time job with benefits to keep me off of Medicare. I have been a long-time medical consultant and work a limited amount of time. However, as we always do, I have complicated my life to a greater extent than I need to. In my entire life, I have never owned such a response 4-wheel vehicle. However, I have had a decade of riding high-performance motorcycles and was a professional pilot in another lifetime and so speed is not an unfamiliar friend. However, as it relates to the Storker, I am frankly too old and not skilled enough at this point to consider wheel to wheel racing like you have been demonstrating on U-Tube clips.

I found that the amount of preparation was not worth 3-4 minutes of track time I was going to get in x-cross. I can see where it requires an enormous amount of concentration to do short-burst racing but the investment in time did not seem commensurate with the experience. I am too used to speed in a sense. However, if there were no cops looking for revenue and I was not concerned about ending up in jail, the Stalker is just an absolute blast to blat around in. It is an unbelievably intuitive car and responds with the least amount of effort imaginable for what it is capable of doing. Scott Minehart really sorted the suspension on these cars. A long time ago when I was in aviation, I did own a Lotus S2 Elan that I used to blat around in the SF Bay area of California. It was a fun car and reminds me of a less reliable Miata that borrowed liberally from its pioneering shape/performance. Bob

Well is that a coincidence or what - I found a 2012 Brunton Stalker for sale! ;)

I have a 2012 M-Spec Brunton Stalker Serial Number 000 that was factory built in St. Petersburg, FL. The car is powered by a LS33 V8 engine with LS1 heads for better flow and 330 horsepower. The engine has upgraded crank bearings. The Stalker is a Lotus 7 themed car with incredible power and handling. It has front and back independent suspension and was assembled by the designer/builder and nationally ranked driver of these cars. The entire car has approximately 7400 miles with approximately 24,000 miles on the GM all aluminum engine. The entire car weighs approximately 1650 pounds. The car has brand new Toyo R888 DOT spec tires for the street and 6 wheels/slicks for autocross use with the front wheels being Kreizer aluminum race wheels. The car is both street legal and runs in the SCCA E Modified class. This car was the prototype and having been built by the designer is quite well sorted with approximately 15 examples completed to date. The power is immense and the handling is out of this world. It is registered as a 1963 Lotus 7 kit car. It has been gone through at the factory with all new fluids and is in tip top shape. New, these cars sell for $49,000. This fine example can be had for a fraction of that price and is in beautiful condition.

http://images.craigslist.org/00P0P_bxhsGK89jJY_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00e0e_cux9FlG3GOv_600x450.jpg

Car looks attractive - pity about the seller! :p The ad category on Craigslist says it is a "sub-compact" which cannot be true for a Stalker! The seller is asking $31500. To contact him follow the link to Craigslist and email him.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/4832227021.html

No affiliation or connection to me at all. Just reposting to help out potential buyers looking to spend their money on a nice seven.

Edited by Croc

Croc, be nice I own a Panoz Roadster....it's not a Seven....more Cobra like.

1999 Panoz Roadster. Looks close enough to a seven to qualify for inclusion here. Just add whiskers to the nose and mother catfish would love it. Still on original MSO despite being a 1999. Virtually no mileage (2500m odd). Says it was in a private collection all this time. 281cu V8 so should go. Asks strong money of $70k odd buy it now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-AIV-1999-panoz-roadster-brand-new-untitled-on-orginal-factory-mso-last-known-/161544970725?forcerrptr=true&hash=item259cd4a1e5&item=161544970725&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Great so what do you do with a showroom queen like this? You drive it and spoil the value from being showroom perfect or do you tuck it away in a collection as a dust collector?

I see the broker that got pinball's westfield is only looking to double his money....

Interesting. Where did it end up? I am assuming that you are talking about the Eleven project? I had seen a post on Bring-a-Trailer by a person that said that they bought it and that he would update as the project proceeds.

Well is that a coincidence or what - I found a 2012 Brunton Stalker for sale! ;)

Car looks attractive - pity about the seller! :p The ad category on Craigslist says it is a "sub-compact" which cannot be true for a Stalker! The seller is asking $31500. To contact him follow the link to Craigslist and email him.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/4832227021.html

No affiliation or connection to me at all. Just reposting to help out potential buyers looking to spend their money on a nice seven.

Croc, I resemble that remark about the lack of outer beauty for the owner. Wait until you get older, hehehe. Life can be cruel. At least the Storker is sexy, beautiful and above all, very fast and fun to drive. Bob

xcarguy, I bought the Stalker to cope with what I thought was going to be another 3 years in North Florida where we have tons of twisty country roads. We then switched gears (pun intended) and decided that my wife ought to retire and consider taking a part-time job with benefits to keep me off of Medicare. I have been a long-time medical consultant and work a limited amount of time. However, as we always do, I have complicated my life to a greater extent than I need to. In my entire life, I have never owned such a response 4-wheel vehicle. However, I have had a decade of riding high-performance motorcycles and was a professional pilot in another lifetime and so speed is not an unfamiliar friend. However, as it relates to the Storker, I am frankly too old and not skilled enough at this point to consider wheel to wheel racing like you have been demonstrating on U-Tube clips.

I found that the amount of preparation was not worth 3-4 minutes of track time I was going to get in x-cross. I can see where it requires an enormous amount of concentration to do short-burst racing but the investment in time did not seem commensurate with the experience. I am too used to speed in a sense. However, if there were no cops looking for revenue and I was not concerned about ending up in jail, the Stalker is just an absolute blast to blat around in. It is an unbelievably intuitive car and responds with the least amount of effort imaginable for what it is capable of doing. Scott Minehart really sorted the suspension on these cars. A long time ago when I was in aviation, I did own a Lotus S2 Elan that I used to blat around in the SF Bay area of California. It was a fun car and reminds me of a less reliable Miata that borrowed liberally from its pioneering shape/performance. Bob

Bob,

As one professional pilot to a ‘retired’ professional pilot, you’re not too old. :bs: Eddie Hill (age 78) tracks his Ariel Atom on a regular basis. Paul Newman was still driving ‘the track’ at age 80. You and Mario may close to the same age and he (also retired) tracks his V8 Stalker regularly. FWIW, the track days I do (Mario, as well) aren’t actually wheel to wheel racing; just a bunch of guys (and gals) on track together who enjoy a high performance driving environment. . . . . . . . . And you will miss that car. :cheers:

Shane, It kind of reminds me of my astro buddy having to hang up his airline wings 6 months ago when he reached the magic 65. Man, did he ever experience some nostalgia. It was really tough to let Glen Minehart know today that I was planning to move and sell the car. Both Scott and Glen have been terrific supporters of their cars and I was discussing with Glen that not all 7's are particularly reliable. Of course it sort of helps when the car is built by the factory and the factory technician is sort of a perfectionist.

BTW, anybody interested in the car can see more pictures I took this afternoon of the beast in my driveway on my Craigslist ad. Astro Bob

Gee, thanks, Mike. Been sitting here waiting patiently with coffee in hand...... Lucky for you, I can only create certain emoticons on the bat phone. :(

Toe tap.....My Three Sons. Steve and I have now dated ourselves. :D

The Saint?

Tom

As long as we're all waiting for Croc's newsletter (Thanks, Croc), and as long as we're going off topic (I seem to be good at that, sorry), how about we stay with cars? I'll start with answering what kind of car the Saint drove, a Volvo P1800. Next, what kind of car was pushed off the cliff in the original Italian Job movie?

As long as we're all waiting for Croc's newsletter . . . . . . what kind of car was pushed off the cliff in the original Italian Job movie?

Supposedly, a Vignale Lancia Flaminia dress up to look like the Astin?????

i357749.jpg

62am_DB4-C_Touring.jpg

Edited by xcarguy