-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Hi Jay, Since your expansion tank is up front, your heater may be at the highest point if its up on the scuttle. I've found a bleed tee that you can pick up at Auto Zone, installed high up in the hose that leads to the heater is the best way to ensure that the system is topped up properly. Fill the system from the expansion tank then stop when it reaches the max line. open the bleed tee and fill the rest of the hose from the tee. Make sure the heater valve is open and then run the car until the thermostat opens, that should ensure that the coolant gets circulated throughout the engine. Fill up from the expansion tank if necessary to bring it back to the max line. Once cool you can open the bleed tee to ensure that there is coolant right up to that highest point. And you may want to replace the coolant cap with a new one. I found them to be about $10 at a local Jaguar dealer and they can have it in a day. Cheaper than the Ford dealer surprisingly. Good Luck Tom
-
Mike is referring to his track nickname, "The Blue Enema" :driving: A name he earned in one of our first get togethers, when there were other marques out their on track with us. Some of which were a bit hesitant to give our little cars a point by. So Mike would make his presence known by putting his nosecone right up their Axx. So to his point, I'd much rather follow him, although, doing so will require you to either wear tear offs or have a spare helmet shield as he does tend to kick up a lot of stones, dirt and other debris with his "typical lines" :jester: Even with it snowing here today, I'm finding myself smiling at the thoughts of getting on track again with all of you guys. Tom
-
This event started out seven years ago with seven of us just wanting to run with other 7s. Each year we picked up a few more and eventually got enough participation to have our own run group of just 7s. Last year we had 20 cars on track together. This year I expect that we will exceed that number. It has become more than just a track day event with the dinners, Karting and the camaraderie. Those of you that just want to come and hang out with other 7s are more than welcome to join us. We are a friendly group and there is always someone to help you with your car if needed. Mike, Simon, Jeff and Michael D and I are instructors and can take passengers out with us to give you a taste of the on track experience. You have six months to clear your calendars, do your upgrades or finish your build and polish your car. Get R done!!! Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year to all 7 lovers. Tom
-
What are your goals for the engine build? Tom
-
I have three of these that I've been using, one for 15 years on my yellow car and the other two on my other cars. They work very well in keeping the batteries topped up. Tom http://www.batteryminders.com/12-volt-maintenance-charger-desfulator-1500
-
Congrats!!! What are the specs? Color etc.
-
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
I hope you like your meat cooked Raw. :jester: -
I have Mintex 1144 on the front of the yellow car with the upgraded ap calipers. They work great on the track. The orange car has the Pagid pads up front and to me they don't provide the same level of feel, but they do stop the fat bastard pretty well too. Tom
-
It has a sequential gearbox. Just my opinion, but that is much more suited to the track than the street. You said you planned 75% street usage. Just be sure that you know what you are getting. I have a standard caterham 6 speed in my yellow car and it's great on street or track. The Orange car has a six speed sequential with paddle shifters and it is awesome on track but would be a pain on the street IMO as you have to go up and down thru all the gears all the time. My gearbox can be flat shifted and blips on the downshifts but it really likes to be revved. Casual shifts at low rpms are brutal. But Butter smooth at full throttle. Just my two cents. Tom
-
At least, put a Caterham decal on it. :jester: Tom
-
Wishing all of you a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving! May your Bird be a Big one! :seeya: Tom
-
I have an S3 and an SV caterham and size 11 shoe. Racing boots/shoes are required to be able to get all three pedals in the S3. In the SV I can use regular shoes. The S3 footbox is very tight with no extra space. Without racing boots, I can only get the clutch and gas pedals, not the brake. I like the fit of the S3 but there is little/no wiggle room for feet or butt. The Sumo Version (SV) has plenty of room for both. Tom
-
Say hi to him for me. I'm very happy with the results of the tune. Car is running great. Good luck. BTW, I used the app What's App to talk with him on the phone. Free call if done on wifi. Worked great. Tom
-
LEGO Ideas Caterham Seven 620R 21307 Building Kit
yellowss7 replied to RGTorque's topic in General Sevens Discussion
A buddy sent me the kit the other day and I just spent an hour to do the first two number one bags. It's starting to take shape. -
I had Steve at SDB do a remote tune on my car this spring. I took the car to a performance shop that had a dyno and good wireless signal and Steve mapped my car from England. So it is an option for you if you need it. Tom
-
It's alright Taber, probably a young guy who doesn't remember using roman numerals. :jester: If he would have said the Sumo Version or Fat Bastard it would have been much Clearer. :seeya: Tom
-
No longer a dreamer, now a 7 owner
yellowss7 replied to Black Hole's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Jay, I never fill up at the station. I just fill a couple of 2.5 gallon jugs and a 5 gallon one and use the smaller flexible hose/filler on the jugs to get it in there. I also bought a long flexible funnel to use with the 5 gallon jug as it didn't come with the flexible filler. Might not work for long trips, but you can always bring the jug and use it to fill the car. Tom -
No longer a dreamer, now a 7 owner
yellowss7 replied to Black Hole's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Congrats Jay! I've seen that car at George's place and it's a very nice car. Looking forward to seeing you out on track with us next year. Good luck with the car and watch out for wet leaves when you take it out now. Tom -
-
I do have a spare Caterham windscreen that I picked up years ago. I'll have to check if it has the built in defroster wiring. If not you could borrow my original one which only goes on when I go on the street, on track I use the brooklands. And yes a windshield is required. I think it has to be a minimum of 11 or 12 inches tall If IRCC. Tom
-
Irish Diplomacy One thing about lads from Ireland is that their hearts and humor are always in the right place! Jimmy Murphy, a City Councillor from Dublin, was asked on a local live radio talk show, just what he thought about the allegations of torture of suspected terrorists. His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience. HIS STATEMENT: 'If hooking up one fookin’ rag-head terrorist's testicles to a car battery gets the truth out of the lying little camel shagger to save just one Irish soldier’s life, then I have only three things to say; Red is positive, Black is negative and make sure his nuts are wet.’
-
Great time to buy parts out of the UK
yellowss7 replied to supersportsp's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I've been doing just that. Ordered a few of the usual maintenance items like bearing, hubs, filters, hoses, a clutch kit, etc. I figured the rate drop and just the unreliable inventory stocking made it a good time to pick up a few things that would prevent any significant down time during the track day season. Tom -
So, tell us a little about yourselves
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Welcome Dave. Maybe we will see another Storker at NJMP next year. We missed them this year. Tom -
Lotus 7 wins F Production at Runoffs today
yellowss7 replied to Kitcat's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I think I remember Eric Prill who came in second in a miata, winning or coming in 2nd In a Lotus 7 once before.
