-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
VRG Historics race at NJMP Lightning this past weekend
yellowss7 replied to d15b7's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Yeah, But I'm just chicken so that turn one entry speed is something I'll never even think about trying. (where's that chicken emoji ) :ack: -
VRG Historics race at NJMP Lightning this past weekend
yellowss7 replied to d15b7's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Todd, it's amazing the speed you carry thru turn 2. That alone is worth a second or two. And I love the way you stick your nose in on the inside of the turns and just hold them off. You are going to be a monster with a few more ponies. Great driving. Tom -
Must be the Clams!!! Clams Rule!!!:hurray:
-
VRG Historics race at NJMP Lightning this past weekend
yellowss7 replied to d15b7's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Todd great driving, you just need a couple more hp :jester: and they will never catch you. Can't wait to see you next year with your "surprise" That McKee shows up sometimes at our member days, I didn't think that old guy could drive that fast. Tom:seeya: -
My mechanic was able to get the crank pulley bolt off and retightened without pulling the engine. But he did make a tool to hold the pulley in place while he did so. It was a buster of a job as I remember quite a few emails and discussions on the process. He did loosen the motor mounts to allow him to raise the engine a bit for better access. Tom
-
Nicely Done Steve! :seeya: Now you just have to bite the bullet and find a LHD Caterham since you've mastered shifting with the right hand. Tom
-
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
That one looks like Redgoose's car. Ron Say it ain't so!!! That car has the best sounding exhaust note you can imagine. I wish my car sounded that good. Tom -
McGovern Party - Saturday, 08/27/16, 2:00PM - 7:00PM - Ellicott City, MD
yellowss7 replied to rcollum's topic in Mid-Atlantic
The Red Caterham with the Black stripe looks like Jim A's, (FE07) one this site. I guess he got the rear bearing repair done. :hurray: -
Remote Tuning Dyno Run Cosworth 2.3L Duratec
yellowss7 replied to yellowss7's topic in General Sevens Discussion
It's a 2.3L Duratec built by Cosworth. Cosworth 13:1 compression ratio Forged Pistons and Rods. Best tune came in at around 243 or so HP and Torque was 180 if I remember correctly. I was more concerned with a safe tune with no detonation and since the tune was done remotely from England, I wanted to err on the side of safety. The Tuner said he could have squeezed out another 20 plus HP if he spent another couple of hours on it. I was more than happy with the results and once I learn to drive it to it's potential I can always have him take a another shot at it. -
That's Awesome!!! Glad to see you back in the saddle Stewart. Now if you were really smart, you'd get working on putting the engine back in Collen's Elan. Let us know if you want a few of us to come up and give you a hand with the heavy lifting. You can supervise. :seeya: Tom
-
1 Birkin, 1,600+ miles, 3 days and a 13 year old co-pilot
yellowss7 replied to Yeti's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Pack lots of Sunscreen! Safe Travels. :driving: Tom -
Hi Fred, It will be a while before they set next year's Member days schedule so we won't know until that happens. Unfortunately there is another group that rents the track out on that same weekend that we have been choosing and they have preference as the track usually sells the available dates and works our member days around them. Mike and I would love to have a day or Two on Thunderbolt as it's really a nice twisty track for our se7ens. But we will have to wait awhile before we know. So get to work synchronizing your cardinal grammeters. :rofl: Tom
-
Watching Busa's video reminded me that I never posted this video of one of the Dyno runs done on my engine. This was an early pull but later ones revved a little higher. :ack::ack: I didn't video them unfortunately. Cosworth built 2.3L Duratec with SBD cams. Billet Crank and all the other goodies to let it rev. Soft cut is 8600 rpm Tuner said 9000 is close to max. My heart couldn't take that for sure. Tom
-
Need sage advice from the Seven world
yellowss7 replied to rjmelo21's topic in General Sevens Discussion
:bs::bs: There are some of us that have a very different opinion of that guy. :deadhorse::deadhorse: -
LOG 36 Princeton, NJ - Offical Thread
yellowss7 replied to Certified Lotus's topic in National Events
Mike, they are not going to let you on Talladega. Your reputation precedes you. :smilielol5: Tom -
LOG 36 Princeton, NJ - Offical Thread
yellowss7 replied to Certified Lotus's topic in National Events
Taber, are you going to let your wife take it out on track with us this time? Come one you know she wanted to do it at Barber all those years ago. It's time for that car to stretch it's legs. :seeya: Tom -
LOG 36 Princeton, NJ - Offical Thread
yellowss7 replied to Certified Lotus's topic in National Events
Jim, My first trackday ever and first LOG were at Barber. Excellent Track. I'd consider towing down for LOG there again. Maybe Croc would be up for a Southern USA7s gathering in addition to the NJMP one. Tom -
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
From the pictures it looks like it's an SV as well. Great price. IMO. -
Need sage advice from the Seven world
yellowss7 replied to rjmelo21's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Ok, I'll bite. It depends. :iagree: First off, get some rides, see what you fit in. What do you plan to do with the car? Drive it on sunny Sundays, autox it, do track days? The initial thrill can wear off very quickly if you only take it out once in a while and then it's just an asset that doesn't get used, and you will tire of it in the garage very quickly. If you are just looking for a toy to play with for a couple of years and the dump it, then you know the answer already. It's not an investment. These cars are meant to be driven and have fun with. That should be your main concern. Will you have the time to drive it and the passion to use it. Otherwise buy some other classic car that has a bigger market. These cars are for those of us with a screw loose. :bs: Tom -
New Member, Have an Itch to Scratch, Advice?
yellowss7 replied to JohnnyPhysix's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Brakes are over rated, They just slow you down. :jester: Seriously, our cars don't need big brake kits as we don't use them that much, and our cars are so light. Save your money for sticky tires. -
New Member, Have an Itch to Scratch, Advice?
yellowss7 replied to JohnnyPhysix's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Pa is not horrible compared to some other states for registering, although there are a few hoops you have to jump thru to get it done. I spoke to Tom Carlin (TBox56 on this site) at this year's NJMP 7s gathering about how he handles the process of assembling a car or kit for the customer. He seems to have a good system for making sure that all the parts are included. Having built a Caterham in 2000, I can tell you that missing parts was a normal condition of the kits that arrived at almost builds. I'd give Tom a call to get a feel for him and the process. He's a good all around guy. Good Luck, Tom -
Now that's pretty funny. Was all of that blocking the air filter? As we have said before, taking the car on track sorts them out a whole lot better than those garage queens that never are driven close to their potential. We expect to see you at the front of the pack next year, chasing Seb:seeya:
-
Caterham maintenance recommendations
yellowss7 replied to Lancefitzgiben's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Well, I'm not an expert on this, but I was running 100 octane in my yellow car which is 12.4:1 and my Orange car was running 100 octane with it at 13:1 but had evidence of detonation and I had it retuned using VP race fuel at 105 octane. Don't know where it was tuned, altitude wise and the effect of the altitude on the tune. Definitely a little less oxygen at that altitude. I assume that would make it run rich? I'm sure one the tech savvy guys will chime in shortly. Tom -
Caterham maintenance recommendations
yellowss7 replied to Lancefitzgiben's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Your conversion is correct. Probably fine for the street, What compression ratio are you running?
