Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Mike, can you wipe off all the water spots on my yellow car while you are cleaning up? It was raining a bit when I drove the car in on Friday. :cheers:
  2. Coming down the home stretch. Less that a week now, so finish up your polishing, checking your tire pressures and loading up the trailers. I dropped off my yellow car at Croc's NJMP garage on Friday and will load up the Orange one in a few more days after some last minute maintenance is done. For those of you with longer drives, take it easy and be safe. We will have the paddock area reserved and tents and refreshments set up for you when you arrive. Looking forward to a few days of sun, fun and lots of laughs. Don't forget your bathing suits as we do have access to the pool. See you soon. Tom
  3. It's good to see it flying one last time. Although it's landing was probably softer than it's last prior one. I thought you pilots knew to put the landing gears down before you land. :jester: Tom
  4. It was nice meeting you and your Son too John. Unfortunately it was a tough weekend for Duratec Caterhams, Dr. Doug's R500 suffered a major issue on the front straight on Sunday in the first session and dropped a ton of oil that required a big clean up. He's now out for the July event as well and will definitely be having his engine rebuilt too.
  5. Hey Van, I just had Steve at SBD, do the Remote tuning on my car on Wednesday. The prior owner had installed some Cams from SBD when he upgraded and had the MBE 9A4 installed at that time too. There was some question as to whether my coolant issues were due to a head gasket or detonation. Chicken or Egg type question apparently, so I had the head pulled and gasket replaced and Steve reviewed the old map and had me update the software and install a new map. Then he spent some time testing to make sure everything worked prior to our dyno session this week. I'm headed to the track for the weekend and we will see how it goes. Good luck with your install and tuning. Let me know if you have any questions. Tom
  6. Coming from the South on I-95, you may hit a bunch of traffic as you mentioned. DO NOT go into Philly!!!! From I-95 going North, get off at RT 322 EAST which goes over the Commodore Barry Bridge. Stay on 322 East and then take RT 55 South. Get off at exit 24 even if your nav is screaming at you to take exit 27 or 26 DO NOT take them pulling a trailer. Go the extra three miles to Exit 24. The exit is easy and trailer friendly. Take the right off the exit on to Rt 49 and go a couple miles to CEDAR Street. Take a left on Cedar st. (there is a single overhead flashing yellow light there) Go up one block to the light and go LEFT onto RACE Street. Follow Race to DIVIDING Creek road. go Right on Divining creek road, Track will be up the road about a mile on the right. Go to the main entrance with the sign and Flag. I'd recommend anyone coming in from the West on the Pa Turnpike to get off at Downingtown, And take route 202 South to Route 3 East or North, cant remember which, but definitely not west or South. Take Rt. 3 to Route 353 South, go RIGHT on rt 352 South. Follow Rt 352 to Rt 452 South, going RIGHT on 452 south. Follow 452 S for a couple miles to CONCORD Road, and Go left on to Concord Rd. Follow Concord Rd. for a few miles and after you go under a railroad over pass, look for the Sign for Rt 322 East on your Right, it comes up fast. Take that street which is ENGLE street to the second light, and go LEFT on 9th Street following the signs for R 322 East. The exit for Rt 322 East/ Commodore Barry Bridge is on your right about 100 yards after you make the right on 9th st. Stay to the right and take the exit ramp up onto the Bridge. Follow the Rest of the directions above for Rt 322 East to Rt 55 South to NJMP. Croc Feel free to correct my directions as I was born breach and have a great sense of balance but horrible sense of Direction. REALLY.:ack: Tom
  7. Two weeks to go and by now, some of our long distance attendees will already have been on the road for a day or two. You guys are just plain hard core. :flag: Mike an I will be there early on Friday to reserve the paddock area we will set up in. Same as in prior years, just more room. We've heard from half of the procrastinators, :troll: and they will be signing up shortly. I still think we will be pushing 20 cars at the event. Those of you in the area that don't track your car but like 7s, can still come on over and socialize. The more the merrier. Tom
  8. Hi John, I'll be there for the weekend, as well as, Simon, Jeff, Croc, and Paul U, will be a guest with his Birkin. We will see you there. Tom
  9. Absolutely Mike. :cheers:
  10. A buddy with some decent electrical knowledge came over yesterday and we attached the sensor to the M8 hole. The red wire from the sensor is connected to the Positive post on the Multi meter and the White wire is connected to the negative battery post. With the Meter on AC Volts, I'm hoping we see a signal if there is any knocking in the range the sensor is set for. Wish me luck. Tom
  11. No changes in Registration in the past week, but I know that some people are just procrastinators. :toetap05::toetap05: Looking forward to seeing you again Tom. The Birkins are making a good showing this year. The Storker guys however seem to be coming up a bit stork, I mean Short. :smilielol5: Mike has a great stash of trophies for those that excel at the event. I got the long range forecast from the Millvile weather girl and It's going to be Spectacular. Don has promised to once again provide a fabulous BBQ spread with Chef Murray once again manning the grill. So for anyone still on the fence, it's not too late to get in on the fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Tom
  12. Thanks for the offer. I had picked up a ford 2.3L knock sensor, but unfortunately, the one I have has a smaller hole in the center of it, a M8 bolt fits the M10 is too big. I see a bunch of M10 sized threaded bosses, but I did find one that I believe the M8 bolt will fit, but it has been shaved down and I can only see about 3 threads in the hole. Hopefully that will be enough to hold it for the dyno runs. Any Idea how I can hook up the two wires, One Red and one White, to a multimeter in order to see if any signal is sent if it senses Knock/noise in the specified Range? Tom
  13. I finally had the work on the orange Caterham completed and have done a 2 hour session with the UK tuner, where he took control of my computer and reviewed the software update and new map that I had loaded from him. It was mostly a test of the software connections prior to the dyno session, but he was able to walk me thru what he was looking at and he used the wide band O2 sensor I installed to look at the data and make some minor adjustments. After 2 hours he pronounce it good to go and gave me a date that he's available to do the remote tuning. The one thing he wanted me to find out from the dyno shop was how they were going to sense any knock, as he wouldn't be in the shop to hear what was going on. The 2.3L Cosworth does not have a knock sensor nor is the MBE ECU capable of accepting one. So anyone have any ideas how to listen for or sense any knocking/detonation while revving the nuts off the car on the dyno? I found a Ford Knock sensor but have no way of connecting it to get a signal or any information and the dyno guy is not familiar with how to make it work with his computer. I found a You tube video that shows how to connect to a multimeter and was wondering if anyone thinks this could work. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The Dyno time is scheduled for Wednesday morning next week.. :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Tom
  14. I got the six pack soft cooler that I just buckle in in the passenger seat. You could always strap it in in the boot as they say in UK as well. The six pack keeps me cool for the 25 minute sessions on track that we do. They do sell a 12 pack if you needed more time. Tom http://www.ebay.com/itm/271911605337?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  15. Thanks Mike! Perfect!:seeya: Tom
  16. I ran into a Birkin owner today at a local car show and he's looking for one of those rear view mirrors with the multiple mirrors for the top of the windshield of his car, prior to our upcoming trackday. Can anyone point me in the right direction for him to buy one? Thanks, Tom
  17. Dan, can you clarify what you are hoping to accomplish? Are the pedals too far apart or is it a level issue?
  18. Nice Run! I use to run the R25B compound on 10 inch hoosiers front and back. Tire pressures would be around 14 or so, even went down to 12 occasionally. As for building heat, Pretty hard to do on a 60 second or less run. Narrower tires would help a bit. Best way to get heat in them is to come out to NJMP with us in July and run for 25 minute sessions. :jester: Good luck with the car. Tom
  19. Tony Mills always comes thru. :flag:
  20. Never been to VIR, but my 195 hp Caterham gets to about 125 at NJMP. I'd guess 142 with 200 Hp would be tough unless it's a really long straight, down hill and with a tail wind. :jester: Bring it out to NJMP and we can compare. Tom
  21. With just over a month to go, this year's event is shaping up nicely. Croc has nailed down all the details and it looks like we are going to have to reserve a bigger area in the paddock for our group. Bring a tent if you have one and we will set up a tent city for all to gather around in between sessions on track. Current list of those indicating they are coming, with registered noted. 1) Croc, Caterham Registered 2) Yellowss7, Caterham Registered 3) Kitcat, Caterham Registered 4) Michael D, Caterham Registered 5) Dave D, Superformance S1 Registered 6) FE07, Caterham Registered 7) JBH, Caterham Registered 8) Simon 450, Caterham Registered 9) RGTorque, WCM Ultralight Registered 10)Wemdt, Birkin Registered 11)TBox 56, Birkin Registered 12)Fmorser, Locost Registered 13)Sk400, Caterham Registered 14)Birkin Dave & son., Birkin Registered 15) George H., Birkin 16) Scott L., Caterham Registered 17) Norm B., Caterham Registered 18) d15b7, Caterham/lotus Registered 19) BBall7754, Something shiny. 20) Dan3030, Westfield Registered 21) Matt C. Westfield BEC Registered Spectating only: 1) Blokko Registered 2) Black Hole Registered 3) Ottocycle Registered
  22. Excellent John! We missed you in the rain last weekend. :svengo: I'll add you to the list. We may have to photo shop you in for the Saturday on track picture though. :jester: Tom
  23. Michael D. seems to be having trouble being able to post on USA7s and he asked me to post this on his behalf. I have not been able to reach John Esposito at Quantum Mechanics for the last two weeks. Has anyone else been in contact with him? JOHN ESPOSITO QUANTUM MECHANICS LTD. 315 RIGGS STREET BUILDING A UNIT 3 OXFORD CT. 06478 PHONE 203-463-8299 FAX 203-828-6039 EMAIL - JOHN@QUANTUMECHANICS.COM
  24. With just about six weeks to go, we are seeing the registrations come in. Get those cars prepped and ready. Make sure you've booked a hotel reservation and start working on your tall tales. It will be here before you know it. Maybe spring will arrive by July as well. Ran into Dave H. at NJMP today. He said that he and his son are ready for all comers as they will vigorously defend their Karting Trophy. And He bought a New Carbonfiber Simpson Bandit Helmet to reduce weight and reduced drag. :driving: Current list of those indicating they are coming, with registered noted. 1) Croc, Caterham Registered 2) Yellowss7, Caterham Registered 3) Kitcat, Caterham Registered 4) Michael D, Caterham Registered 5) Dave D, Superformance S1 Registered 6) FE07, Caterham Registered 7) JBH, Caterham Registered 8) Simon 450, Caterham Registered 9) RGTorque, WCM Ultralight 10)Wemdt, Birkin Registered 11)TBox 56, Birkin Registered 12)Fmorser, Locost Registered 13)Sk400, Caterham Registered 14)Birkin Dave & son., Birkin 15) George H., Birkin 16) Scott L., Caterham Registered 17) Norm B., Caterham 18) d15b7, Caterham/lotus Registered 19) BBall7754, Something shiny. 20) Redgoose, Caterham 21) Dan3030, Westfield Registered 22) Dr. Doug NJMP member, Caterham 23) Jeff S., Caterham 24) Matt C. Westfield BEC Spectating only: 1) Blokko Registered Last edited by yellowss7; Today at 05:51 PM.
  25. People who go up in small planes are just nuts. :jester:
×
×
  • Create New...