Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Got the lift idea from my neighbor who has a couple of them to store a couple of his toys. I've had it for about 10 years or so, and stuck the porker under it. With my youngest getting married next year, I'll get another bay back. :cooldude:
  2. I'm still getting use to the idea that I have a new car. I've had the yellow one for 14 years, having done the original ordering and assembling of it. I never thought that I'd sell it. It is street legal, Registered and insured, and very docile on the street. I just undo 4 bolts take the Brooklands off, and put the windscreen on. Then take the slicks off and put the street tires on. The Cage is new this year, but can be removed with just 10 bolts and the original FIA bar reinstalled with about 6. The new one is not really street ready as it would need the turn signals, handbrake, license plate light and horn installed, to make it really legal. Plus I haven't quite got the feel of the race clutch dialed in my brain yet. However, that's not an issue on the track, where this puppy likes to play. I probably will eventually sell it, but I just have to convince myself it's time. I'm not a flip it type of guy. As for color, I really like my Ferrari Yellow. (Giallo) but the Orange is starting to grow on me, I really like the pearlescent white and Lime green stripe look that I've seen on an R500, but I'm not there yet. Tom
  3. I'm finally just about unpacked after picking up my new ride. It's starting to look at home in the garage. I rolled it out today and started to look it over. It's a lot different than my S3 Caterham. It really does look huge compared to the S3 chassis. The motor is big too. 2.3L vs 1.8L. 114 more HP too. It is set up ALOT lower than mine was as mine did dual duty on the road and track. This one is set up for a smooth track. Karl built a heck of a car. Everything is top notch and beautifully installed. I can't wait to learn how to use it. Here are a few pics from this morning's first inspection.
  4. The little guy is on top right now, trying to exert his dominance, but I think the Big dog is gonna kick his butt. Sorry for the Hijack.
  5. That looks like a Caterham to me. And I have two in my garage right now. :driving:
  6. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but just be careful. ANY 7 car even a modest crossflow powered one, is More than can ever be used on the street. You can get yourself in trouble really quick with the application of the throttle, and unlike on the track, there might not be ample run off room. I can assure you that after our last weekend on track that the V8 stalkers are right up there with any supercar for lap times and speed. It might be docile on the street as Shane says, but if you get stupid, it will bite you. :svengo: But they are Fun. Tom
  7. I seem to recall that they might be Triumph Spitfire ones. Tom Quick check of Blatchat archives states part # (QR1118S) Off a fiat 132
  8. WOW, just WOW :hurray::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Shane, I can't believe the speed you carried on the straights. 124mph Before the Bridge is just SICK!! And 118-120 before the light bulb/Bowl is amazing. No wonder you were turning 1:09's. You were fast in the turns as well. Looks like next year we are definitely going to have to pull 2 plug wires on you. Any faster and you will need clearance from the Tower for take off. :jester: Great driving. Tom
  9. Great Photo's Mike!!! I'm getting hungry again just looking at the Buffet at Don's! That shot of your rig next to the Big ones is Awesome!!! What a weekend! And we didn't even get to talk politics:nopity: Guess we'll have to get together again sooner than later. Tom
  10. Hi Seb, I May have a set of 13 inch wheels and new slicks for you if you really want to stay with me in the turns. :cooldude: Tom
  11. Just delete it, it's dragging down the value of my car. I might have to sue for the lost value. :jester:
  12. Yep, I tried to convince Karl not to sell, Repeatedly. Knowing Karl, he did everything first class, from the Cosworth duratec to the Sadev Sequential, to the Nitron Shocks and much much more. I never planned to sell mine ever. I just couldn't let it fall into the wrong hands. :willy_nilly: My wife and daughters are trying to convince me to keep both. Karl's is a car that is meant for the track. Not impossible to put on the street, but the sequential gearbox likes lots of revs. My Yellow car is easy to drive on the street and good on the track too. I'm going to pick up the new Orange one tomorrow, it's in Croc's garage at the track. So it looks like I currently have two really nice Caterhams for now. And yes you did miss a great event. Maybe next year. We still need to see Bessie.:toetap05: Tom
  13. Sorry Croc, There is NO WAY she could ever get her Fat Butt in an S3. Maybe she'd do better in your Sumo Version. :toetap05::toetap05: Looks like I'll have to bring out the Saddle next year to put you in your place. :jester: Tom
  14. Dearest Slingshot, as Administrator can you ensure that that photo NEVER makes it on to this site. Thanks Your good buddy. Tom :flag: :jester:
  15. Boy does that YELLOW car look good!!!:jester::jester::jester: Tom
  16. No Hurry Simon, I don't want the value of my car to plummet before it's listed for sale. :jester: Tom
  17. Paul Alderman's (George's son) Roadsport 175 SV.
  18. Not the official photo, but gives you an idea.
  19. XCarguy (Shane) going out on Friday morning in the rain. On Saturday Shane was turning 1:09 laps. That is blazingly FAST!!!
  20. KitCat getting ready to go out in a light rain.
  21. JeffS's Really nice YELLOW, R500. Jeff and his car were really fast out there and he keeps it on the track too. I hope to have some video of him on track, from my rear camera. :jester:
  22. Hmmm, these two 7's look like they are getting acquainted. Yellow, meet Orange. I bet they will be nice in a garage together.:smilielol5:
  23. Pe7e's yellow and clams Caterham. Got to love Yellow cars!!! Great seeing you out there Pete!
  24. Another shot of Croc's stable ponies, His CSR with the new 13 inch BBS wheels, and in the background, his 65 Racing Mustang GT. The Swing set on the orange S1 belongs to S1Steve. He is a tall, But not THAT tall. Must be the :conehead:. :rofl:
×
×
  • Create New...