Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Jim I sent you a PM and Scott an email informing him of your contact request. Tom
  2. Seb, PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy. Tom
  3. Zero to 100 in 5.0 seconds:svengo::svengo::svengo::svengo: Shane, we are definitely pulling at LEAST 2 spark plug wires when you come up for next year's gathering. And I though Karl's old car/my new one, was quick. WOW, just WOW! Oh, thought you should know that when we tell the NJMP member you were doing 1:09 second laps on Lightning your first time on the track, they all go pale. Tom
  4. Croc are you sure it's not hanging straight. Steve has a so much pipe laid on that car that it might just be an optical illusion that it's cockeyed. :jester:
  5. Sounds like a potential dating strategy. :leaving::cheers:
  6. Shane please tell me that you were NOT hitting 120mph in 2nd gear.:willy_nilly: I hope that was 4th. It just amazes me how easily that car pull to 120. The engine sounds like it's around 4K rpm. In my yellow car, I'm straining to get 125mph. Once I learn how to push my foot down, the orange car might be a little faster,:cooldude: Tom
  7. Great to hear Shane! Looks like she'll be tough competition in next year's Karting challenge. We are definitely going to have to add some weight to her kart. :smilielol5: Tom
  8. Skip, I know you've used the Butt winch to get into your SV, so what's the technique you used to get in and out of the little guy?:willy_nilly: Tom
  9. Great job on the GT6! I always lusted after it as my first car was a Spitfire and I would have loved to drop that 2000cc 6 cylinder into the engine bay. Tom
  10. Hi Martin. :seeya: Ready to get rid of the porkers and get back into a Se7en ? Tom
  11. Hi Sebastien, I'm sure Mike, Jeff and I could have our arms twisted to do a trackday/weekend. I'll check to see if we can bring a few of you guys back as guests for a member day in the fall. We won't have our own run group, but I'm sure you won't mind playing with the other members. Tom
  12. Looks like we just found our new Forum wiring Guru. :seeya: Looking forward to more technical support from you Toedrag!!! Tom
  13. Paul is spot on. I went to a local West Marine and picked up the stuff they recommended to do the job. They do a nice little kit that contains the stuff you need without buying quarts of the stuff. Tom
  14. I agree with Shane, a small dremel burr, and some fiberglass resin and you can simply grind away the cracks, then fill in and sand. Takes a little patience, but is really easy to do. I did a set of race clams that were really beat and they came out great. Tom
  15. ET TU Brute??? :jester:
  16. Gotta love Photo 196 with JeffS BEHIND me where he belongs :jester:, and Dave D charging up on the inside, and Sebastien closing in on JeffS. Tom
  17. Awesome Build and great to hear that your registration was a cake walk. :cheers: Now stop posting and go drive it!!! :jester: Tom
  18. I assembled mine, in 2000 and with no skills it took a total of 80 hours of assembly time. Hardest thing for me was picking the right bolts out the bags of them. :deadhorse: The engine went in in about 5 minutes. Really. The good thing about assembling it yourself is that you learn what everything is. Knowledge is power when it comes to troubleshooting. I have the six speed and it has a long 1st gear which is great as you can actually do up to about 55 mph in it, if you're winding it out. 2, 3, and 4 are close so you can keep the rev's up if you are on track. with 6 really being like 4th on a 4 speed. No overdrive, but unless you are doing a lot of 70+mph highway driving, it's not an issue. In normal back road and up to 60ish mph the six speed is fine. On track it's great no matter what Kit Cat says. He just can't remember what gear he's in. Must be getting senile. :seeya: Take your time and enjoy the learning and dreaming process. Once you put your money down, the angst, begins. Tom
  19. Shane, I can't say that I am at the limit yet as I'm still getting use to the feel of this car. The 10 inch wide Hoosier Bias slicks that I run on the yellow car give it a nice balanced feel and when I do get to the limit it is a gentle slide that I feel. Very progressive. Not that I get there that often. The Orange car is set up really low compared to my Yellow car, and Karl put Nitron shocks on, and then add in the Radial tires, and the power and there are so many variables that I'm not sure after one day on track that I can even begin to analyze it. I don't know how many heat cycles the tires currently have either so I will just say that it felt good, but I didn't have as much confidence in the grip that I could just let it rip thru the bowl on Lightning. I'm also a little afraid of the power as I did get it to wiggle in the 2 3 4 complex as I progressively pushed the car during the day. Just need to be smoother as it feels like I lit the afterburners, the kick in the seat is amazing. I can't begin to imagine what it's like for you with another 200 hp. :cooldude:
  20. Had the new toy out on the track today. Starting to get comfortable with the gobs of power. Definitely a step up in the pecking order on track. Obviously driving skills still need some work but the car just pulls like a freight train. No problem keeping any advantage in the turns now when I get to the straights. Getting use to the paddle shifter and still getting use to the radial slicks vs the Bias ply hoosiers I run on the Yellow car. All in all a good day. Did my fastest times on Lighting. Still not anywhere near what Karl did, and WAY off Shane's blistering laps, but Might have a shot a getting closer with a little more seat time. :drool::driving::driving:Tom
  21. Sorry, I just tried to paste them directly.
  22. Found one of the Survivors of the Karting challenge, although Klasik 69 (mike) and Karl took off before this picture was taken. http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=531365&part=2 and a picture of the Podium finishers. :seeya: http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=531364&part=2
  23. Not me Shane. I don't push It like Croc or Kitcat. Those two are the ones that usually vie for that title. Me, I'm a chicken. Turn one still scares me after all these years. tom
  24. I just looked at my video from that session. Got a great big dust cloud, but no car. Looks like you got away before you could be identified. :cheers:
  25. True, True and True. :svengo:
×
×
  • Create New...