Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Thanks Graham. There's shop about 10 miles from me that I'll stop by tomorrow and see what they say. Tom
  2. Guy's while chasing down a coolant issue on Monday, I did a pressure test of the system and brought it up to 16psi about equal to what my cap is rated at. At that point, I noticed that there was a very slight leak from the bottom corner of the rad. Not much, but after blowing it out with some compressed air, the leak appears to be coming from inside the rad, not from one of the outside channels. I can't see any leakage, but a drop or two every 10-15 seconds happens. Unpressurized, there is no dripping, but today, feeling the bottom of the rad, I did find that the bottom was wet, but nothing on the floor. Can aluminum radiators be repaired, or should I put my order in at Caterham UK tomorrow morning? I'm assuming that those radiator sealer treatments in a can are for temp fixes only correct? Tom
  3. WOW the red one on the left is even a Caterham and they didn't make them park in the back. Must have been a long time ago. That would never pass muster today. Sorry Dean but it's true. Tom
  4. Dave, the new Lotus 7 club site has moved and I just logged out and I cannot see Tech Talk. Looks like you have to be a member to see tech talk on the new site. The old Blatchat is still on line for now. Tom
  5. I've been a member since 2000 and it too is part of my morning ritual to check in on Blatchat. I could never have completed my K series build without the support of the Blatchat community and I still use it to help with my new Duratec issues. If you need to post a question, let me know Steve M. and I'll post it for you. Tom
  6. Shane, the wild man with the broken foot, was at the track this weekend, and although he professed that he would drive slow enough that he didn't need to brake, the red mist took hold and he was flying around the track like a mad man. I'm sure he's having trouble getting to the computer as his foot is probably swollen to the size of a bowling ball. :ack::smash::smash::smash: That should get a response. Tom
  7. 18psi cold
  8. Welcome aboard or should I say back Todd. Loved your passes on turn one and turn 7. I now see what you mean by the High line thru the lightbulb. You just need another 25hp In that little crossflow to hang on with that Ginetta. Hard to believe he can get 185hp out of one and not grenade it. He was really ringing it out too. Nice meeting you on Saturday! Looking forward to some driving tips. Tom
  9. This is close to what my 2000 caterham uses. http://www.painlesswiring.com/mobile/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=80172&SearchAll=4x4 OffRoad OffRoad
  10. A little sand paper, some paint and a few hours of TLC is all you'd need to make a nice coffee table. :ack:
  11. Hey Shane, how about adding a few real bricks to get the center of gravity lower. A couple dozen should do the trick. :seeya::smilielol5::jester: Tom
  12. I've been to the Dartford factory a couple times. It's pretty small with a center aisle and frames lined up on both sides. Each car is assembled just like I did in my garage, piece by piece no assembly line. Each car is assembled in place. NOT impressive at all. IMHO. Tom
  13. Re: the handbrake, you may also need to loose the cable underneath to allow the handbrake to pull all the way up.
  14. It just lifts off if I remember correctly. Sort of held on by compression. I don't remember any fasteners.
  15. On my Caterham build, the gear shift gaiter was part of the tunnel top. Take the shift nob off and remover the whole tunnel top to get to the shifter. Tom
  16. Mike I agree that it is a very basic spec car. rear exhaust, flimsy standard roll bar, big heavy wheels etc. I thought Michael D's was the first Zetec in the US. When I ordered my car which arrived in late August of 2000, there were no zetecs that I know of. My engine choices were the crossflow, or the heavy Vauxhall or the light RoverK. I hadn't heard of anyone offering a zetec option. There was talk of it but none built that way. I ordered my car on Christmas eve 1999. The Six speed was an option back then and there were six speeds even earlier I believe. It was pricey though. I was told that there were only two clam winged cars built in 2000, and I know Michael D's is also clammed, so this one makes 3. Someone else had good taste. :jester: Tom
  17. If I could just convince my wife to move to Washington State, it would be a nice downsizing option. Do you think I could convince her of that. :jester: Tom
  18. A big Vauxhall. 2.2 liters I think, Big HP too. 280-300 if memory serves me right. His company DITP(dog in the Park) Did the Carbon and I think the intake was his idea. Tom
  19. Great Looking car Dave, good to have you back in the se7en fold. Tom
  20. Heated windscreen wires???
  21. Shane, I thought of another item that needs a fairing. The spring and shock assembly. I remember reading that the inboard suspension on Croc's car had significant impact. I wonder if we can get a fairing around the spring/shock assembly??? How are your aluminum fabrication skills???:seeya: Tom
  22. That makes it pretty easy to tryout. Cost is very reasonable. Now to go out and measure my rollcage diameter. Thanks. :seeya:
  23. Wow Shane that was very informative. I'm now wondering how to form an airfoil extention for the roll cage tubing. :svengo: Tom
  24. Dave, we were all amazed at how fast YOU were!!! It wasn't just the car. ;>) Tom
×
×
  • Create New...