-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Just finished the second coat. Are you guys really Sure that waxing the slicks is a good thing??? They do look nice and shiny and water does really bead off them well. I think I'm going to put a third coat on, maybe it will make them even faster. :driving: After all this waxing, maybe I'll go get my nails done next. :rofl: Tom
-
Uh, OH!!! we must be getting close because I actually went out and WASHED my Car!!!!!:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: And I'm thinking of waxing it too. After 14 years it's not a show pony any more, more like a proven War horse. But I still like it!!!! I'm taking a couple sets of new Hoosiers R25B's over to the shop to get mounted. I'm going to be ready to show you guys how to do the bowl. :troll: Come on JULY!!! Tom
-
Sebastien, with my 6 speed and K series combo, I mostly use, 5th and 6th gear, with 4th only coming in at turn 4 and turn 7. With a Duratec, you probably can get by with 5th and 6th if yours pulls as strongly as Croc and Karl's. My K series likes to be revved and the six speed is a great match to help it keep in the power band. Turns 4 and 7 are the only left handers on Lightning. 4 is a the last of a 3 turn set, that our cars take as one big sweeper thru turns 2 and 3, at say 80++ mph then a left for 4 down to maybe 65-70. That's the one to avoid driving behind Kitcat, as he ALWAYS cuts the corner and throws up a bunch of stones. Turn 7 is at the end of a long curving straight. (turn 6) which goes down hill to the hard left hander. Straight away speed is maybe 100-110mph, then down to 55-60ish for turn 7 and then back up to around 100++ before entering the bowl at 85++. or so. Coming out of the bowl, you'll shift into 6th down the front straight and then down to 5th for turn 1. Tom
-
Glen, come on over to the dark side. You know you want to. :seeya: Tom
-
Those were the ones that convinced me too. I bought mine this season and is easy enough to put on and doesn't seem to be an issue on track. The sliding tether was a good mod to the original. tom
-
And just to add that there were at least 18 cars on track in that session, which is about the same number as we are expecting to have in our run group in July. There were several REALLY slow cars in that group that occasionally slowed things down, like at the end of Mikes video. That blue corvette was very hesitant to give point bys. So with our group of cars that take corners quickly, it should flow very smoothly. Tom
-
Mike and I met up at NJMP this weekend for a track day today. Yesterday Mike let me take his 65 Mustang racecar out to warm up the oil, fill up the gas tank and provide tons of smiles to all the guys out at the track at the Porsche Club event on TBolt. The car makes the most beautiful noise with a deep raspy exhaust note. I think that car got more thumbs up and waves than I usually get with my Caterham on the road. The only downside is that IT DOES NOT STOP!!!! :ack: Mike warned me that it has race pads and they don't work well when cold. He lied, they don't work at all. The staff at NJMP are really excited about having our group at the track. and We are happy with the way things are shaping up. Oh, and the Stalker guys will be happy to know that we even found a NJMP Member who just bought a Stalker and we think we convinced him to bring it out and join in the fun. Here's a picture I took of Mike's mustang for you to drool over. Happy Father's Day. Tom
-
Ah the joys of trailering. I went and picked up my trailer from storage for this weekend's track day, and when I opened the door, I noticed water on the floor. Since it has been raining heavily all week, I looked up and saw that one of the skylights was gone. Don't know if someone stole it or it just vanished. I've had them deteriorate from UV light before but this one was gone, frame and all. Oh well, off the to local trailer place and bought a new one. Of course it was raining again as I was replacing it, and just as I was climbing down, I heard Thunder booming. Add having a spare skylight dome in your spares cabinet. Just in case. Tom
-
talk about a straight well paved road with no traffic!:rant: not going to find one of those here on the east coast.
-
Steve, save your strength. Don't wear yourself out by polishing Both cars to that mirror finish. :jester::cooldude: See you shortly. Tom
-
Not a problem. I have a few extra pair if needed, but they are more worried about belts than the arm restraints. Tom
-
Very nice, Shane. Now just make sure you position your car to get the correct tongue weight. Ask me how I know. :ack: Tom
-
This is more likely the case. Tom:jester: http://res.cloudinary.com/snapyeti-production/image/upload/c_limit,h_540,q_30/v1384560954/wibpnydr8zn5z7mbnhwi.jpg
-
Great job! Got to love anytime that many 7's get together. All those crazy people in one place:jester: You've laid down a good challenge. We'll see if the East Coast guys can match your success. :flag: Tom
-
If you mean where will we leave our cars at night, we usually leave them right in the Paddock area. The track is patrolled by security and Member day events are not like a typical open track day. We always leave our cars, helmets, Hans devices etc. when we go to lunch and there has never been an issue. We can look into possible inside storage, but Croc might have some ideas. Tom
-
Not even close Mike. It had to be your friend in the parking lot at the LOG trackday. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Tom
-
Emails have now been sent to all drivers and non drivers who responded with email addresses. If you have not received an email then let Mike or I know and we will try again. If you have questions, PLEASE ask them. If you are unsure of something you can be certain that others are also unsure and you will be helping us clarify any concerns. This event is about having fun, meeting other Seven owners, using our cars in a safe environment as they were designed to be used. And again having more fun. It is entirely possible that Mike and I have overlooked something from the perspective of a person not familiar with NJMP or our gathering. Again, Please let us know and we will try to provide a clear answer. Less than 4 weeks to go now! Tom
-
Mike, Questions are good. The Seven's will all run together in the USA7s run group, except for the one novice driver at this point who will run with the green group to learn the track, car control, passing etc. We are paying for 2 trackdays. However, one of our group is only coming in on Saturday, so they will only pay for Saturday. Karting is separated and that option is available to all. you will pay only the Karting fee not a trackday fee for sunday. Breakfast and Lunch are NOT included in the Karting fee. No guest fee is required for Sunday as Lunch and breakfast are NOT included as above. Tom
-
Yes, the word is "FRUSTRATING" :deadhorse: NJMP uses Motorsportreg.com for it's registration process and it works pretty well usually. They have set up a registration for our group with all the event, and dinner options so that you can register and pay in one simple process. We tested it and unfortunately we found that it would not let us select Both track days at the same time. We thought that they could simply rectify this, but as of this afternoon it's still not cooperating. I think Mike want's to give it one more try or we will surrender and probably have everyone do it in two steps. Sorry for the delay. We didn't expect this issue. Tom
-
http://website.lineone.net/~dmch2/options.htm#6SP
-
Come on Steve, post up the Gardening Pics. :lurk::lurk::lurk:
-
Just saw this on BlatChat. http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=241087
-
just got a response. Hi Tom, I have replaced the clutch slave cylinder and removed the lid to have a look at 3rd and 4th syncs but there in the rear part of the housing. so I ordered new ones from Caterham and its now all back together sort of, just making a new oil tank and moving some water piping and the oil heater/cooler. If its still not right when I test it there will be enough time to remove it and repair it. Caterham recommend a 80w oil. Chris Not a resolution but hopefully more info will be forthcoming. Tom
-
Shane, NJMP should be the last of your thoughts right now. Keep your focus on your daughter and family needs. We'll keep her in our prayers. Tom
-
I just posted on Blatchat to see if the problem was ever identified or fixed. Will let you know if they respond. Tom
