-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
I found this recent thread on Blatchat. Don't know that it answers your question. But it seems that he has a similar issue with a new six speed. http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=241618 Tom
-
The Caterham guys often use Nylon bolts to hold the rear wings on instead of steel so that if you do hit something the nylon bolt breaks and does not tear out the rivenuts in the body. We also only use about 5 of the holes instead of all of them to make it easier to sacrifice the wing and not the bodywork. Just a thought. Tom
-
Shane, with 14 caterhams, we probably still don't have as many cubic inches or horsepower combined as just you and Mario have. :svengo: I've always heard that bigger is better. :jester: Tom
-
Got it Roman! So we now have 2 Stalkers, 2 Superformance S1s, 14 Caterhams and 1 WCM Ultralight. That makes 19 sevens for the track. Everything is set on the planning end. We are still having issues with the Motorsportreg registration, trying to get all the track and dinner options to list properly, but Mike thinks that it will be sorted out this week and we will send out the link to those who responded. Thanks for your patience. Tom
-
Sorry it's taking so long to get the registration info to you guys. We are just waiting for the track to get back to us with the cost of the Thursday night BBQ. The initial quote was not acceptable and Mike and I have asked them to rework their numbers. :toetap05: We are hoping that they get the info to us tomorrow so that we can complete and send you the link for registration. Hang in there. Won't be long now til the :party:starts. Happy Memorial Day!! :flag::flag: Tom
-
Croc test drives the new model Birkin.....
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I've seen Croc in a bathing suit. He doesn't have legs that nice.:ack: Trust me. :smilielol5: Tom -
Clueless About Solar Panels; Another Avenue of Learning
yellowss7 replied to xcarguy's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Somehow I've been tarnished with Kitcat's reputation. I object!!! :boxing: Kitcat is a very good driver, he just likes to run on the dirt for some reason.:jester: As for track record, I think the guys with the big hp and skill have a better shot at that. My car is very capable, but the driver is a bit limited. :willy_nilly: Tom -
If you keep it low, say 50 or so feet, maybe at turn 7 off the track or over on the straight coming off the bowl, by the flagger station. You wouldn't be over the track, and you could keep it low enough that no one would know. If you're talking about a view of the whole track, then No, you'd have to get too high and with the airport right there, I agree that that's a no go. But I like the way you think. A shot from the flag station on the front straight with us all lined up on track would be a great end of day shot. Especially with the low sun angle coming from turn one. Tom
-
I though we already figured out the shot using the grandstand as the platform for the camera. :toetap05:
-
Mike, the villas are individually owned condos. I believe that they are 3 bedroom units. Very nice. I stayed in one that had separate top and bottom units. Very nicely appointed and right on the Villa turn on Tbolt. Tom
-
Looks like I have to start rooting thru the garage as well. I have a spare heated windscreen and stantions for a S3. A set of new Crossflow engine mounts that came with my kit for some strange reason. A couple of old Clamshell front wings, A pair of rear tail lamp assemblies. A new clutch cable. and I'm sure I have a bunch of other junk, I mean good stuff that I can dig out of my cabinets in the garage. Tom
-
It seems like two different options are being discussed here. Bigdog is right in saying that you can't import, i.e. ship a car in from outside the US unless it is over 25 years old. You CAN buy a new Kit, minus engine and gearbox and have it shipped to the US as it comes in as "auto parts" not a car. You then have to jump thru the hurdles of the local State registration process. Which are different in each state. You should research MA. regs as to registering a new kit or transferring in a used built car. IMO. Tom
-
:cheers: Tom
-
I may know of of a Very nice one owner, Rover K series engine car that may become available later this summer. :seeya: Do you like Yellow? :jester: Tom
-
Most likely doesn't include sales tax. Might want to check if it includes custom fees or shipping charges. :puke: Tom
-
A suite for the day would be an excellent idea, however the suites are on TBolt and we will be on Lightning, so they can't just sit in the suites and see us. I have a funny feeling that the wives will find a way to spend some money while we are contributing to Global warming.
-
Stewart, sounds like you are stepping up your game. :hurray: Next thing you'll be adding those little "cat whiskers" to help your aerodynamics. :rofl: Sounds like our little gathering is bringing out the red Mist early. I just hope the track has enough 100 octane on hand to handle you big HP guys. :seeya: If I can't keep up with you guys on the straights I guess I'll just have to get some wider slicks to go faster in the turns. :driving: Tom
-
Hi Mario. We will be emailing each of those who responded with a link for registration on Motorsportsreg.com. The link will take you to their site and allow you to register for not only the track event days, but also the Karting and BBQ dinners we have planned if you want to be included in those. The link includes a tech form, and outlines the track's policies. We will also try to give a complete timeline and detail where each day's events will take place. We are just waiting on the final price estimate for the Thursday BBQ. We expect that to submitted to us shortly. Hope that answers your questions. Tom
-
Must be those wimpy west coast types. :rofl: Of the 14 Caterhams signed up for our New Jersey trackday in July, at least 8 of them were purchased new, with the intent to use them on track. Can't say whether the other 6 started life on the track or not, but they certainly spend time their now. Just goes to show that there is no "Typical" caterham owner I guess. Tom
-
Croc hit a home run this year by getting approval to have our event during a member day at NJMP. By doing that it ensured that we are part of a Professionally run day, by the Track itself which is accustomed to running major race events. The big step up for us is that in the first 3 years, it was six to 12 drivers and a guest or two. No real big coordination needed for dinners. Just pick a restaurant, show up and put Croc on a Saddle and have fun. :party::party: With 18 or so drivers and almost as many guests, it does require a little more forethought. The nice thing is that the management at the track is very accommodating and are working with us to make this a great event. Our goal is to have fun, on the track, in the paddock, and definitely at dinner and lunch. We all have a passion for our cars, and based on the posts so far, I think we all share a similar sense of humor. :hurray: So come prepared to have a good time. Tom
-
I hope you are all wrong. I've had my Caterham for 14 years now. I assembled it with very little mechanical skill. It has bone stock suspension. Had it corner weighted once and it is really well balanced both on track and autoxing. I don't have the big power that Karl and Croc or even the new R500's have but with some sticky tires it is competitive with most other cars on track other than 750+hp ARCA stock cars, as I found out last week.:ack: 180mph on the straight is not a Caterham's forte. I don't have the skills to fabricate or monkey with the car like a lot of the guys on here. A well designed car that is fun on the street and track was my goal. Yes it is more expensive than it should be. But it really can play in the big boy sandbox with the GT3RSs the Z06's and even a Ferrari or so for a WHOLE lot less than those guys spend, not even adding in the lower cost of maintenance. I really hope that they do figure it out as it is a car that is Ideal for a Leisurely Sunday drive, or an all out track day thrill. Tom
-
As Mike reported, we met with NJMP management today to iron out the details for our gathering. Happy to say that the meeting went very smoothly. We presented our plan and they were very receptive to our requests and suggestions. We scouted out our paddock location, have a couple location options for our Thursday night arrival BBQ and pretty much worked out registration logistics. Mike is probably stuck in traffic heading back to NYC so I'll let him chime in once he gets home and has a drink or three to calm his nerves. :cuss: Less than 7 weeks to go!!! Tom
-
A couple possible themes???:rofl: Spin out or The Good the Bad the Ugly
-
No big deal. It's my pleasure. Kitcat's a pussy..... Cat. :smilielol5: And I don't think he can catch me anyway. :seeya: Tom
-
Mike, It took me a while to find someplace that carried it. I Had to buy a 3 foot piece. So really, I can cut off a couple pieces, smooth them out and drill the depression you need for the ball on the mirror to swivel in. If you can find a collar nut that you can retap into the m12 x1.0 pitch then you'll be all set. I used some JB weld to fill in the threads on the collar nut that I bought then used a tap to re thread it. Don't know if I really needed to use the JB weld but it's held up good. I can send you a couple pieces if you want to play with them now. Otherwise I'll have them for you in July. Found the invoice. Metric & Multistandard Company 120 Old Saw Mill River Road, Hawthorne, NY, 10532 1-800-431-2792 item # 1006926 WWW.Metricmcc.com Tom
