Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Karl, (Blubarisax) has a really light and small trailer. So narrow that he has about an inch clearance on each side of his rear wings as he winches it in. I don't know how he ever gets it in there. He's just that good!!!:hurray: Tom
  2. Shane, I have an 8 foot wide trailer with inside wheels so my interior is somewhat narrow over the wheels. the 8 foot with fenders outside would give good room. IMO. 8'6" just seems as wide as the full lane to me. Tom
  3. You'll need a little room, front and back for the tie down points. So don't cut yourself too short. Can't wait to see that beast at the track in July. The Porsche and Vette boys are gonna need new underware. :rofl: Tom
  4. Looks a lot like the standard Caterham Roadsport hooped cage. I like the raked front hoop vs the taller one on my new cage. Tom
  5. I believe they are standard Triumph Spitfire/gt6 rotors. nice and cheap compared to the vented upgraded ones. Tom
  6. If you are feeling particularly flush with cash, I always thought this one was pretty appealing. A Bit pricey but supposedly is very aerodynamic. :iagree: http://www.bre2.net/pdfs/bre2_aerovault_brochure_2011_11_27.pdf?phpMyAdmin=k9QIsjCI-UCmbjFU6X2usBJKjz3 Tom
  7. 18 ft is the box length. And as it is not a v nose it is all usable space, which as I think Dean said, I have a Pop up tent, 2 chairs, 3 fuel jugs, a box of stuff like jack stands, jack, etc. And I often put a set of extra tires and wheels in as well. Plus I have a battery powered winch to save me pushing the car in. With the longer length of your Stalker, you may want to look at 20 to 24 foot ones. Oh, if you are specing your trailer, get a 4 foot beavertail in the back, which is a downward ramp on the last 4 feet of your floor which aids in ground clearance under your car's sump on exit and entry to the trailer. Tom
  8. I've been towing an 18 foot enclosed now for 13 years. Definitely get the weight compensation bars and anti sway bar. Wind or semis do have an effect on the control. That said, George A. dropped off my car in my driveway with a small open trailer that he unhitched and spun it around one handed and then turned his car around and then re hitched. No way that I can get my truck and trailer to turn around in my drive. I was able to do it with a hummer that I borrowed to tow with but the turning radius of the F150 sucks. Without a top, an open trailer is a no go for me though. Make sure you have good extended mirrors to see with the enclosed trailer as the view out the center mirror is gone with the enclosed trailer. Tom
  9. 12 bolts to undo and the whole cage can be lifted off. And Six bolts to install the roll bar. Not a 5 minute job, but with two people doing it probably a 15 to 20 minute change over, I'd guess.
  10. T9 5 speed, was on the table. I THINK it's a 140hp or so. It's a really tiny engine. I bet it weighs well under 200 pounds if I had to guess.
  11. Sigma engine and the wheels that come with the car.
  12. Stopped by Midatlantic Caterham today to pay the remainder of my bill on the roll cage. As I mentioned before George is building a Sigma engine 40th Anniversary Caterham and I thought I'd take a few pics of the build. Nice looking car. Interesting that it is a throttle by wire set up. No throttle cable. The ECU connection appears to be built into the chassis as well. The color with a Gray Dash and Gray chassis tube is a stunner IMO. This might be a nice car for someone looking for a new one. Tom Pics don't seem to be loading. Will try again.
  13. from the way back machine. :jester:
  14. Wait until Croc, Blubarisax and JBH get a load of this video. Spencer spins out more than any other driver at NJMP. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: I'm sure one of us can give you a better line. Actually the line is ok, time comparison, the BMW video was doing about 1:20 and in this video, I calculated 1:22 to 1:24. Croc, JBH and Blubarisax have done 1:12-1:14s Just saying. Tom
  15. Hi Drew, It's been a few years since we met at Barber Motorsports Park. That was my first ever Trackday! You should try think about joining our 7s gathering at NJMP one of these years. That Blue car of yours would be a show stopper. Here are a few pics. Hope they are what you're looking for. Tom
  16. I did the calculation and it showed that my mounting points should be 6 inches apart. The stock mounting points are 8 inches apart. I need to move the inside mounting point 2 inches to the left on the drivers side and the passenger one 2 inches to the right. Tom
  17. You got that right. :banghead: I've got a standard routine that begins with finding the key. Second step is to check the side mirrors. Nothing is more frustrating than to be Belted in and not be able to reach the mirrors, helmet, gloves, etc. I'm sure just about everyone on here has at one time left their keys in their pockets. :smash:
  18. Steve, I'm sure he could have added one if I had thought of it. As for cost. I think Karl said the shipping from the UK is around 800 to 1000 dollars, so price wise, I think it was cheaper this way. But probably not by much. Tom
  19. Yeah, It already takes about 5 minutes to get in get the harnesses on, helmet, gloves, cameras on, etc. Adding the cage climb and a HANS device, should ad a few more minutes. Good thing I bought a Cool Shirt for those warm July days. :drool: Nothing like baking in nomex in the hot sun while sitting in Pit Lane. Tom
  20. Here you go.
  21. Got my car back from George Alderman at Midatlantic Caterham after he fabricated a new roll cage for my Caterham. I'm very happy with the results. He had done a cage for JBH and I asked him to make a slight change in the design, to make it the dual hoop "Superlight" style, vs. the single diagonal "RoadSport" cage design, in the Caterham vernacular. Take a look.
  22. Shoulder belts are secured with the proper spacing between the anchor points and cross over each other as needed. (see chart on last back page) Shane, I saw that PDF, but I don't see the chart on the last back page, which apparently has the details on the proper spaceing. :ack::ack::ack: Any chance you can take a look and see what it says? I seem to recall someone saying something like 3 1/2 inches from bolt center to bolt center. But I'm not sure. Tom
  23. Does anyone know what the recommended spacing for the shoulder harness mounting bolts are for a Hans device? I'm going to buy one this year, but I've read on the Blatchat forum that the standard Caterham mounting points need to be modified. Any one know what's recommended? Thanks Tom
×
×
  • Create New...