-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Caterham Mention in Car & Driver, Kind Of
yellowss7 replied to lucky dawg's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I did as well, although I usually just stay at the NJMP trackside suites as they are on site and saves a few minutes in the morning. Tom -
Caterham Mention in Car & Driver, Kind Of
yellowss7 replied to lucky dawg's topic in General Sevens Discussion
At this time, we have pretty much confirmed a good level of interest and Mike and I have been working on the Logistics for meals/dinners as this new level of participation requires a lot more effort than our previous events. I have had you down as interested in attending. The track has not yet opened up sign up for the event so no monetary commitment is needed at the moment. However, I do suspect that lodging will fill up quickly in the area as it is somewhat close to the New Jersey beaches and it is the biggest Shore week of the year. There are 20 trackside suites at the track and as noted by Shane in his post, there are several hotel options nearby, Marriott Fairfield, in Millville, as well as the Hampton Inn in Vineland. There are probably a couple more, nearby, but again I suspect they will start filling up shortly. So long answer is I'd book a hotel room if you can cancel sooner than later, and once the track opens the registration, you will be on the hook for the trackday fee. Tom -
Caterham Mention in Car & Driver, Kind Of
yellowss7 replied to lucky dawg's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Mike, we did set the dates as per the link that Xcarguy posted. As noted we are arriving on Thursday July 3rd with a welcome reception BBQ planned. Run Friday July 4th and Saturday July 5th with a Go Kart Challenge race on Sunday morning July 6th. Hope you can join us. Tom -
Caterham Mention in Car & Driver, Kind Of
yellowss7 replied to lucky dawg's topic in General Sevens Discussion
The old saying, "it's hard to teach an OLD Dog new tricks" is proven once again. :jester: Tom -
I'm amazed at the difference in a Westfield build vs a Caterham build. Yours is truly a "build". The Caterham assembly is more like putting together a model than a build. I could never have done what you're doing. That's going to be a great car as you obviously have the skill and patience to do it right. Great job! I hope Dave Kirk is taking notes for his upcoming build. :seeya: Tom
-
Caterham Mention in Car & Driver, Kind Of
yellowss7 replied to lucky dawg's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Shane, if you can keep it on the track, you'll be the talk of the day. If you pull a Croc/kitcat, then you'll be the talk of the day too. :jester:. I suspect that Storkers will be a big attention getter as they are pretty use to us being pesky little gnats that annoy them when they have to give us point bys. Your Big honking, winged beast should be more to their liking. Especially the Vette guys. The Porker owners, not so much. It's bad enough they have to contend with 4cylinder kit cars. An LS beast will really annoy them. Too bad we are running our own run group, as we definitely would have had fun playing with some of the guys as there are some really good drivers in the club. 90 days until we get together in July. :party: Tom -
Caterham Mention in Car & Driver, Kind Of
yellowss7 replied to lucky dawg's topic in General Sevens Discussion
[/url] -
23.0 pounds for my 10x13 Kodiaks with 10 inch Hoosier slicks. 9 pounds for the 10x13 wheel only, I just bought from Bill. Tom
-
Caterham Mention in Car & Driver, Kind Of
yellowss7 replied to lucky dawg's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Wow have We come a long way. Now we are being called Egotistic because we drive a Kit Car????:willy_nilly::willy_nilly: I might give you calling the Ferrari/McLaren guy who doesn't track their car one, but then again, I have a neighbor who is a real car nut, who doesn't track his cars, but will drive them in the rain, Sleet, snow, what ever. He just likes all types of cars, from a ratty old TR8 to a R8V10 roadster, and a Fisker. And his newest addition, a gorgeous Blue new Stingray is just phenomenal. Those of you coming to the NJMP 7's gathering in July will quickly conclude that you would be hard pressed to call any of us egotistic just because we drive a 7 or a Caterham. They are KIT CARS!!!! At the drivers meetings we are routinely ridiculed in good nature by the Porker, Vette and GTR drivers. Well maybe the GTR drivers really mean it. :smash: I agree that the pricing has gotten to the point that a Vette is a better deal. But then again as KitCat said, we ARE CRAZY. Tom -
Any of you follow the Pelletier case?
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in Politics, Religion and Controversy
I agree with Bigdog. Where is Tufts on this? It's not like they are some Podunk little community hospital. It's really strange that they were treating the kid and that this other hospital can step in and say they were wrong in their diagnosis and just take the Kid away from the parents. Must be Bush's fault somehow. :bs::bs: Tom -
So, tell us a little about yourselves
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Fellow K series owner here in Philly. :seeya::seeya: Welcome! Tom -
FedEx made a delivery today, 4 boxes that contained 3 new slicks in each. :party:Hopefully I'm set for the season! :driving: Now if this weather would just warm up!!!! First trackday of the season is scheduled for Friday. High temp is forecast as 57F. That means at 9am the temp will be in the high 30s-low 40's. BRRRRRRR!!!! Track and tires definitely won't get up to temp. May skip it. Supposed to go Steelhead fishing next week. Highs in Pulaski, NY, wed. 31F I'm NUTS:banghead: Come on Spring!!! Tom
-
I call :bs::bs::bs: :jester: Tom
-
Bill, I don't know what tires you are using, but the guys are right on with the 18 psi for Toyo R888s or Avon Cr500's on a Caterham. Unless you just like to spin the tires and enjoy bouncing around. :jester: Try 20 then go down to 18 and I bet your handling and ride will improve greatly. Tom
-
Mike, Caterham switched to the uprated hub and bearings in 2003. Your car may already have the stronger version. Tom
-
Sounds like somebody wants a spanking. :jester::jester::jester:
-
Wow Croc, NJMP cancels the weekend track days and you have nothing else to do? :svengo: They are funny though. Just think of the fallout from those ads today. 50 years from now are they going to be laughing at our current ads? Political correctness is out of control. Tom
-
Typical Lawyer, wanting to define the definition of IS. Do you have stains on your driving suit too?:jester: Expiration date is usually on a tag sewn on to the belts. I think FIA belts have a 5 year life. Which is shown the good to date. Get R done! How's the rest of your winter maintenance progressing? Tom
-
Finally, a beer for Porsche drivers...
yellowss7 replied to rikker's topic in General Sevens Discussion
The ones at NJMP do and giving us point byes really pisses them off. :driving: Tom -
Mazda, NJMP just received approval on a piece of land for an Off road park, for bikes and four wheelers. Just another reason to come on up and join us. :seeya: Tom
-
You better hope the balance point is right too with no room to adjust. Tom
-
Websites like this in the U.S.?
yellowss7 replied to Manshoon11's topic in General Sevens Discussion
When I order from Caterham in the UK I don't get charged the VAT. Now Shipping is another story, but if you are shipping out of the country, I think you can get a price without VAT. Tom -
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
Some of us actually prefer lightness and the Rover K series is definitely light. Maybe due to the cheese holes. :smilielol5: I've spoken with the owner in the past. Definitely a true R500 K from England. That's two of us with Ks that I know of. :driving: Tom -
Shane, Trust what Mike said. He's been off track enough at NJMP to be considered a backwoods guide. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Tom :seeya:
