Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Nothing fancy about it. It's a small panel, that I mounted on the front of the frame on the trailer behind the crank that raises the trailer. Two wires to some little dohicky that prevents overcharging and then to the battery. I don't know nuhthing about electrickery, except that you don't want to let the smoke out of the wires or you are sure to have trouble. :flag:
  2. I have a small panel mounted that charges my battery for the winch. Been over 13 years now and still using the same battery. :cooldude:
  3. You B#st$rd. Email sent. :willy_nilly::ack::flag: Tom
  4. Mike, I think that is a bad Idea. The flapping of the cover will probably do more damage to the paint than anything else. If you are worried about stone chips etc, why not get some of that clear plastic stuff that guys put on their cars that they take to the track. You can buy big rolls of the stuff on Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/3M-Clear-Scotchgard-Protection--108-inches/dp/B00B3K5FB0/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1399913510&sr=1-11&keywords=clear+paint+protection+film Sort of like wrapping the car In Saran Wrap. :rofl:
  5. HEY, I'm feeling maligned here!!! I keep my tires on track, It's KitCat who's the main offender.:toetap05::toetap05::toetap05: Their will be NO going off road to put a scratch on Klasic's nice shiny paint job, Although NJMP is getting ready to open an off road park. And a Paint ball zone. Can't wait to meet you guys, you sound like you will have no problem fitting in with the rest of us Crazies!!:party: Tom
  6. I think Croc is having a Carwash installed in his GarageMahal. I'm sure that if it's finished in time, he'd be more than happy to have his staff clean the car. A Bikini wax is a $10 upcharge though. :jester: Tom
  7. I have a small tie down strap that I use with a threaded link that I attach to the tow point at the front and back and use a couple cable ties to keep it in place. Or you can just secure it using the threaded link to the seat frame and pull it out if needed. Tom
  8. :driving::driving::driving::iagree:
  9. here is a picture of it.
  10. Around 3 1/2 inches. No vibration issues.
  11. Mike, I have a Spa center mirror that originally was mounted low and blocked my view of the right front of my car. I bought a piece of threaded rod and used a coupling nut to extend the height of the mirror so that I could see thru to the right side and it also helped with the vision to the rear as it cleared the diagonal cross bar. I had a spare one that I gave to Jeffs and he said it worked well for him too. I think I still have some of the threaded bar left, I'll cut a piece or two and make up another coupling nut. Assuming you have the same Spa center mirror. I think the thread size and pitch was a M12 with a 1.0 pitch which is a strange size. Tom
  12. Shane, We can provide you with the flashing lights and sirens if you Storker guys need the Saftey crew and tow trucks to be escorting you on the end of a tow hook. :ack: You will have to give the waves. I rarely agree with Kitcat, :iagree: but I think I can safely say that he's right. This is all about enjoying our cars and the company of other se7en enthusiasts. A safe event is the priority. The fun in the paddock and socially is all in good humor. There MAY be a few awards :jester: but certainly none for the fastest speed or laps. Trophies for the Karting event will have to suffice for those that want to WIN. Looking forward to seeing everyone in about 8 weeks. Tom
  13. Fixed that for you! :jester::smilielol5: Tom
  14. Then I highly recommend NOT following Kitcat around the track as he tends to cut the corner on turn 3 every damn time and throws up a ton of dust and pebbles. :smash::smash::smash: I usually have to get a new helmet shield after any lap that I end up behind him. :smilielol5: My Brookland screens look like they've been shot blasted. Tom
  15. My Kseries was built by QED in England about 14 years ago. VHPD head, Forged Pistons and Rods, Jenvey DTHTBs Dry Sumped. If you are planning on tracking it with slicks, definitely get it dry sumped. My Dyno sheet shows, 195.2 bhp with 150 torque. Runs great, but falls a little light on power vs Croc's 285 and Karl's 309. :banghead: But it still keeps me in the hunt, although another 40 hp would be nice. :jester:. Oilyhands is great and builds a nice engine. K's Rule!!! Tom
  16. I'm sure Croc will join in the conversation. He has set up a nice Karting program that includes a warm up session, a Qualifier and the main event. We use their Karts which can hit up to 55 mph so they aren't as fast as a true shifter kart but the competition is what it's about. Helmets, suits neck braces are included, so wives and kids are welcome to join in. We will just be running Lightning as Mike said. I think that is good because it allows everyone to learn the track and then build speed. TBolt is a great track too, but is much more technical and one day on it is not really enough to learn it well. As for Safety. 2005 or newer SA helmets with full face shield are required. Long pants, are required, driving suit is optional but recommended. Arm restraints are required, but need to be loose to point by. Current Harnesses are required. HANS is optional but recommended. Roll bar is required. You are responsible for teching your own car, on site tech is a helmet check, no leaks, battery tie down and positive post covered. No cording on tires and brake light test. Gas is available on site as well as at several local gas stations off property nearby. As for Point by's either method is understood, and a few of us have been known to use our horns in turns just to remind the guy in front that he's slow. :jester: We are a very easy group that loves to tease each other so a somewhat thick skin is recommended. All in good fun of course. As for learning the track, the first lap of the first session of the day is under yellow, so no passing, and it's a chance to warm the car and tires up a bit, and note the location of the flag stations. Since we are running our own group, we could if necessary take another lap or two at slightly progressive speed so that everyone gets an opportunity to see the track a few times before any passing and speed is added. We can talk about that. Last year I had a couple guys follow me around for a few laps picking up the speed on each just to give them a feel for what is possible before we went full throttle. I think it worked out well. I'm sure that Karl, Jeff, Croc and I who are members could each take a small pack around for a few laps in the first session to get everyone up to speed, if that is agreeable to everyone. Tom
  17. With bushes welded in. http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=511572&part=2
  18. http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=511568&part=2
  19. Hey another Rover K series caterham.:cheers::hurray: that makes at least 3 of us. I have a 2000 S3 and my car didn't have the bushes either. I ended up just doing a Roadsport cage which uses the petty strut bushes on both sides. I've seen a thread on Blatchat where a guy used a hole cutting bit to remove enough of the skin, then drill out a bush sized hole and then welded it in. without having to re skin. I'll try to find the pictures of the process. Tom
  20. :bs::bs::bs: No way you do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. More like 2.5 or less. :seeya: That car is sick. Don't sell it!!!! Tom
  21. Neat, but most tracks and autox events frown on 3 wheeled vehicle. A bike engine Caterham is much more practical. :jester: Tom
  22. We will be on track on Friday the 4th and Saturday the 5th, with a Karting event on Sunday the 6th as an option. Each session will be around 25 minutes long. Lightning is 1.92 miles in length with 11 turns. A good lap time is around 1:12 or so, depending on your horsepower. A 1:16=1:17 is respectable and slower cars often do 1:20+ on average. PCA can have as many as 50-60 cars on track at the same time. 18 to 20 will be fine, and looking at the level of track experience submitted, there shouldn't be any issues with slow traffic. I expect that everyone will be aware of the faster car and driver combos after the first session and point by's will be quickly given. This track flows very nicely and the passing zones are spaced nicely so that there is plenty of time to pass before the next series of turns. We won't have to worry about the odd, porker, or vette or mini that will typically clog up the works. I ran yesterday and we had about 15 cars on track with the 1st and 3rd place drivers from last week's Talladega ARCA race on track in their ARCA cars. With 180mph top speeds you really had to be aware of them, but even they didn't lap us more than twice in a 25 minute session. And they weren't waiting for point bys. :cuss:
  23. I went to Stoneleigh and the Cadwell Park trackday, about 13 years ago. Awesome events. I think there were 235 or so Caterhams at the event and I don't think two were exactly alike! If you have the chance to attend some day I highly recommend it. Tom
  24. Mike is correct, at present, if you look on the first post of this thread I have listed those who raised their hands originally and who have since sent in their info as requested. 18 have responded so far. I agree with Mike that 20 or so is a good max number, but if a few novices are added in the green run group then that works well. Additionally several forum members have indicated that they will show up as spectators so this year's event should be very festive.:party: Looking forward to seeing everyone in about 60 days!!! Tom
  25. Roman, I would recommend that if it's your first trackday or first time on NJMP Lightning, that you start out in the Green Novice group. It is a great way to learn the track, your car and not have to worry about other cars passing you. Yes you would be in a separate group but you will still be around with the group, and we can get you passenger rides with us as well. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...