-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Wow, this little gathering could become an International event. :jester: Next thing you know the Brits will be flocking over. :smilielol5: Andy, We'd love to have you join us. It's not a race, just a trackday with all levels of skill, power and no egos, so it's a fun event. Chasing or following other 7's around the track is a great way to see what you and your car are capable of. Safety first of course. And the good thing is other than Croc, Blubarisax and maybe Jeffs in his new R500, most cars are pretty even on the straights and only skill level determines who's faster thru the turns. I'll put you in the possible/maybe column. Tom
-
Welcome Sebastien :seeya: Hopefully you'll have the car in time for the July get together. Looking forward to meeting you and checking out your new ride. Tom
-
Great Stewart!!! Be sure to bring your camera toting buddy. :seeya: That makes 15 by my count with several more that are aware of it and may commit. Still thinking that 18 to 20 is doable. Al are you planning to make an appearance? Mazda? For those who have not been on track before, we have the ability to put you in a novice group, with and instructor to ease you into the trackday experience in a non passing group. So if you ever wanted to take your car on track but were hesitant, this is a great opportunity. :driving: Tom
-
Yep. :iamwithstupid: Tom
-
RST-V8 by The Adrenaline Gallery
yellowss7 replied to Racing Mind's topic in General Sevens Discussion
You'll have to fight me for it. Kitcat. :boxing::seeya: Tom -
Hey Mazda, quit posting and get building. You have a few more months to get your car ready. And based on John K's advice in this thread, don't spend time on your suspension set up, Just get that drivetrain done!!!!:smash::smash::smash::seeya: Tom
-
If I read that right $25K for the Caterham, spare engine, wheels, AND an enclosed trailer? Sounds like the Deal of the Century. Plus a option to buy a replacement Chassis and fenders. Somebody is going to get a nice track package. IMO Tom
-
John, after reading that post, I'm damn glad I bought a Caterham and don't have to play around like that. :rofl: Tom
-
My car is just about exactly as I assembled it almost 14 years ago. I have not YET, done any suspension mods, Power upgrades or anything other than safety mods. (roll cage being built as we speak). My car is street legal, and I enjoy Sunday afternoon Blats and I'm not out there burning up the corners. Just a nice drive with the wind thru my scalp:driving: I've autoxed for 8 years before being introduced to the track. The track is the ONLY place you can actually get anywhere close to the limits of our cars Safely. I leave all my desire to speed and corner on the track. And now, after about 4 years of tracktime, have just gotten to the point where I'm starting to use the potential of the car, and I'm still nowhere near wringing the last bit of grip out of it. I have as much fun out there as anyone else, with the exception of Croc and Blubarisax as they go blasting by me on the straights. (They no longer lap me though) I'm torn right now as the only place that I really need more power is on the straights. I try to keep telling myself that the skill is in the turns, but :banghead::banghead::banghead: I hate getting passed after working so hard to keep them off my butt. Maybe another year of driving skill improvement before I reach for the wallet. We'll See. Tom
-
Here you go Kitcat. these should make you much faster and maybe even keep you on the track. :jester: http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=3272 As for any of us maturing, from the guys that show up at our NJMP trackday, I can honestly say that, that statement does not apply to any of us. :jester: Maybe it's the fun that comes with driving a great little car that almost always puts a smile on our faces everytime we take it out. If that doesn't keep you young at heart, then you are probably :svengo: As long as we can keep climbing in and out of our cars I think we will never grow up. And if we can't climb in and out, we can always ask Skip to build us one of those neat Butt chair winches. :cooldude: Tom
-
Superformance new USA Caterham Distributor
yellowss7 replied to Kess's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I believe the newer R500's share the ducted nosecone as well. Right? Tom -
BigDog, as a new Caterham owner, you obviously have not yet been infected with the dreaded, UPGRADEITIS virus. You cannot avoid this disease and will eventually succumb to its power. Chasing Lightness, Handling, and Power are the three main symptons of the disease. You'll know when for some reason you buy carbon fiber "cat whiskers" to put on your nosecone to improve your down force, or buy a carbon fiber cam cover to save weight. :willy_nilly: Assuming your caterham was assembled correctly, and suspension set up to specs, have good rubber and inflate it properly, it will be one heck of a good handling car. I've found that driving style/ skill has as much impact on handling as anything else. You are right that enjoying your car is the key. Some like to Polish, some like to drive, some like to go really fast. Nothing wrong with any of them. Just have fun. Tom
-
I dropped my car off at Mid Atlantic Caterham in Delaware this afternoon to have a Roll cage fabricated and found George Alderman working on a New 40th Anniversary S3 with a Sigma engine ready to be installed. So if anyone is looking for a new Sigma engined car, this one looks great. It's Interesting in that the chassis tubes are powdercoated gray to match the 40th anniversary paint scheme. Some nice touches in the construction that are different from my 2000 build. It looks like the ECU connections are recessed into the passenger foot box so that the loom just plugs in. Nice and clean looking. The Throttle body intake is housed in an airbox that draws in fresh air from the heater vent near the windscreen. The 1600cc engine is very compact and looks very light. George said it's so compact that it doesn't even need a special sump as the stock one fits fine. I don't know the power level, but suspect it's not much more than 150 or so as it appeared bone stock. Sorry I didn't think to take pictures, but if anyone is interested, I could always run down and take some. Tom
-
Come on up. I trailered to Barber Motorsports Park once for a trackday. 17 hours straight thru one way. I didn't feel too bad until I tried to get out of the truck. Legs were a little stiff. :ack::ack::ack: But for a long weekend and this year's 7's only run group, it may be worth it. :cheers: We are at 15 se7en's so far and there are several more who are thinking about it. I still think we will be at 20 plus on track. Just Do it! Tom
-
That wasn't even in the top 2 of Croc's offs. Mike, dig up the one from our first 7's gathering where your Dust cloud brought the whole track to a stop. :flag: Welcome back. Tom
-
I bought a set of Kodiaks at the recommendation of Michael D. and have had no problems with them. They are nice and light too. However, as the rims are aluminum be aware that they don't like off track excursions. So If you drive like Croc or Kitcat you may want to buy big heavy honking Steel rims. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: Tom
-
I bought a set from Seven Speed this year. Easy to install If you have long arms or a helper to hold the seat down to tighten the bolts on the seat after you took it out to attach the belts to their mounting points. http://www.sevenspeed.co.uk/collections/harnesses Tom
-
Superformance new USA Caterham Distributor
yellowss7 replied to Kess's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Jon has been very responsive to me as well for over 13 years. Hopefully he'll still be around to provide support. Tom -
Importing from UK & changing a car from RHD to LHD?
yellowss7 replied to FE07's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Have not done it, but this should be a start. New dash, swap gauge positions, rewire as needed. New Steering rack, Swap steering column over along with pedal box and pedals, Don't know if pedal box and pedals are interchangeable. Might need new throttle cable if length is different. Move Handbrake assembly if old style in tunnel brake is used. Move ignition to new side, rewire, new left hand Windshield wipers maybe Don't recall if the passenger footwell is the same size, if not you might have to buy a new footwell and rivet it in. Now what did I miss? -
If I take her for a ride would I have to have my car re corner weighted?:rofl: Tom
-
Cosworth 2.3L-309HP, Sadev Sequential Gearbox, Geartronics Paddle Shift Yep it was definitely the carbon fiber. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: Tom:jester:
-
Merry Christmas to All and have a Happy, Prosperous and Blatfull New Year!:party: Tom
-
Excellent! His guy may be able to bend them up at the same time. Looking forward to seeing you out there on the track, Make sure to get out with us earlier in the season to get the feel of the car and the track prior to the gathering in July. A day in the novice group with instruction is time well spent. Tom
-
I'm taking my car to George Alderman at Midatlantic Caterham in Delaware on Jan 6th to have his guy fab up a roll cage using my existing tall Roll bar. He did this for JBH, and the work was nicely done. I'm sure if Jeff Checks in he can post up a picture or two off his Cage. I hope your trackday plans might include our 7s gathering at NJMP:cheers: Tom
