-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Ask about Left hand drive versions or issues please. Tom
-
DITTO!:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
-
Definitely looks like a series 3 to me. Tom
-
Just announced, a 2.0L supercharge Duratec in an S3, with 311 hp. http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/goodwood-festival-speed/caterham-620r-goodwood-premiere 2 more HP than Karl's Beast. :drool: Time for a supercharger Karl. Tom
-
Karl was definitely the fasted guy out there this weekend. The Porsche was actually a Cup Car, with the full wing and flares treatment. He came up on me pretty quickly and after holding him off in the turns for a bit, I let him pass and pointed Karl by to chase him. Karl was ALL over him. :driving::driving: He was right on his tail for several laps as I steadily fell behind. Karl, if you are replacing your motor for a supercharged one, then I want first crack at it. :drool: We did have some really fun sessions, I was definitely the mouse as Karl toyed with me down the straights. I could open a bit of a gap in turns 2,3,4, and 5 but he'd just reel me in on 6, I'd try to get away thru 7 and the light bulb, and then feel him breathing down my neck on the front straight. I swear I saw him making a cell phone call, and then put both hands behind his head like he was taking a nap. :smilielol5: It was brutally hot and humid, in the low 90s. Luckily, my new cool shirt bag system worked like a charm. I highly recommend one if you have to drive in weather like this. I didn't escape unscathed though. On the last session of the day yesterday, going down the front straight into turn one, my clutch went to the floor just as I tried to downshift into 5th. No clutch, I had to match revs to get the car back into gear. Once back in the paddock, I saw that the nut and clevis that connected the clutch fork to the slave cylinder were gone so that the clutch fork was unattached. I think that ended up being a good thing as after two days on track in the heat, I think if I had tried to do today as well, I'd be totally wiped out, not just beat. Tom
-
Pete, no messages in my inbox. Try again Tom
-
Anyone have a pair of flared/clam wingstays that they'd like to sell? I'm looking for a set to modify to fit a set of race clams. Tom
-
Thanks, I couldn't blow up your pic without massive pixilation, so I couldn't see the mounts. My mount is a hollow tube that the wires for the headlights run thru and then has a flat section at the end that a hole is in that attaches to the sidelight marker. I guess I'll try to find another set of stays and try to make them work. Thanks Tom
-
George, it sounded abit like our trackday last weekend, without us having your skill level. :ack: Question for you. I just picked up as set of race clams that are cut out pretty severely, and the standard wingstay is about 2 inches longer than the clam at the point where it would normally attach on the clam. Is there a special wings stay made just for the race clams? Tom
-
Congratulations! Now go out and see what your pain tolerance is. I guarantee that your face will hurt for quite awhile from smiling so much. :jester: Enjoy! Tom
-
Jeff, glad you had a good time. Those laps together, with Dave D for a few as well were great. We all stuck together and did you notice how we got group point bys for the most part? INTIMIDATION :devil: You and Dave certainly made great progress on track. Your car in particular is very strong. It would just walk away from me on the straights. Especially right up to the point you missed the turn in a cloud of tire smoke. Luckily you handled the off well. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead and did not record it. Bummer. Those laps together is what makes a seven event great. Cars with equal handling and braking capabilities and friendly drivers makes for fast safe and fun filled laps. Croc, Karl, Mike D and Kitcat had a few sessions like that too. Hopefully we will have many more. Croc and I think we can get close to enough cars for our own run group next year, with a little luck. Hopefully we can suck in another couple of drivers from here eventually. (Boxologist,Stig, Jvbtte,Slingshot,Klasic69,Carman) Time to join in the fun. :party: I sent my video off to Croc today. He should begin editing shortly. Oh, and just for the record, Jeff had some of the best smackdown lines for me and Croc in quick succession that were priceless. Tom
-
Just went out and did it again, and it's actually 38.5 inches. No offense taken. Tom
-
Dave, I just remeasured and it's actually 38.5 inches to the bar not my padding. I never ordered the top/weather gear as I didn't think I could ever get in it with the top on. as for a picture, how's this? I'm not as tall as you, I'm only 6'1". http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/NJMP%20Sevens%20Weekend%20June%202013/IMG_7800_zpsf4fcb012.jpg
-
Hi Dave, we knew you'd be back. :hurray: I have a Series 3 caterham, not one of the Sumo Versions. :ack:. I have the tall FIA roll bar but not the lowered floor. It is 38 inches from the floor to the top of the roll bar. I made a bead seat that is only a bead or two thick so pretty much flat to the floor. I think Croc said the lowered floor gives you another 1.5 inches. Hope that helps. Tom
-
Gives new meaning to the term "Wobbly Wheels" :rofl::rofl:http://usa7s.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=5132&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1372166102
-
Miss you Glen, Where have you been? Still time to get a 7 and join us next year. Tom
-
Dave D's new removable roll bar and mirror solution for the Superformance S1. Rumor has it that S1 Steve, had ordered one too and MAY make an appearance at next year's event. :toetap05:
-
-
Karl (Blubarisax)and Mike (Kitcat) after mounting a set of wheels lent by Karl on to Mike's car. Mike is trying to knock some sense into himself, to no avail.:jester:
-
-
-
-
I'm home now, but don't have the energy to unpack.:svengo: I am just dead tired. Friday night started with a little party in the paddock, waiting for the evening tech to open. Then we went to dinner and tasted several nice wines that Michael D,Karl and Kitcat brought. Certainly made getting up on Saturday morning a challenge. Croc is right that we were the fastest cars out there. We were in the higher of the two intermediate groups, ours allowing passing anywhere with a point by as Mike said. Weather was perfect, and we ended the day on Saturday the same way we did on Friday, a few beers and a lot of wine at dinner. Sunday started off nice weather wise, and the morning sessions were great. Pointbys were frequent and most of us kept it on the track. :leaving: We'll have to see if there is any good footage of the action. Croc, Kitcat and Jeff are running again tomorrow. They are Hard Core. Croc has hours of video to edit, so I'm hopeful that there will be some good footage to share. It certainly is fun to run together out there as the cars are well matched in the handling area. Not so much in the HP though as Karl, Croc, Jeff and Ron have at least 75 to as much at 200hp more than some of the other 7s. The organizers of the trackday, said that we'd need about 20 cars to get our own run group. So that's our Goal for next year. Tom
-
I'm all packed and other than loading up the refreshments am ready to go. I'll probably get there around 2:30pm. Weather looks excellent!!! Drive safely, The fun begins tonight!!!!:party::party::party: Tom
-
Karl, I lust after the way your car gets up there. You are 10 miles an hour faster than me down the straights. I think I can show you where to get a lot more speed thru 2,3,4 5 and the light bulb. This should be a fun weekend. Tom
