-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Karl, really now. a supercharger for a mere 18 hp?:deadhorse: Just get rid of those puny 8 inch slicks and move up to some big boy 10 inchers and you'll be a driving god. :seeya: Tom
-
Do NOT let Karl in on how to do this conversion. It's hard enough right now just to keep close to him. :banghead: :smilielol5: Tom
-
Ron, maybe you'll run into Simon Cowell when you're out there cruising on Rodeo Drive.:cooldude: Invite him to come out to our 7s Gathering at NJMP this summer. Tom
-
Mazda, Mazda, Mazda, you know you shouldn't play with your "fruitloops" Now stop wasting time and get in the garage and finish that bike engined Caterham. Tom :seeya:
-
Sounds like the Big Dog is getting ready to stretch his legs. :driving: :seeya::seeya: Tom
-
Wrong.... Canada's population. 35 million. NYC population 8.3 million.
-
Tell him to bring along a spare cosworth and a spare Rover K series. :smilielol5: Tom
-
Excellent News Mike! We had a great day on Saturday, Karl, Croc,Jeff and I represented the 7's crowd at NJMP. Big turnout 65 cars. A bit chilly during the first session, tires never really got up to temp. But the afternoon sessions were awesome temp wise. Sunday it was just Karl and I and the temps were good all day. Got a little windy in the afternoon, and I think I finally felt the lift from the front clams. Hope you can make it out this weekend for the last drivers club days. Weather looks good so far, we'll know better by Wednesday. Tom
-
Yeah, I think I can hold off that puny little Lotus on it's skinny tires. :boxing: Heck I think I can hold you off for a few laps if I start out in front of you. :jester: The 100++ Hp difference doesn't bother me at all. We'll see this weekend. I'll have my camera pointing to the rear to document it.:jester: Tom
-
Fixed that for you. :rofl: Well MAYBE if we arrange to have a parade lap on the track at the end of the day. Tom
-
Probably was Frank Bolton. he was the original USA Caterham importer I believe. Tom
-
Well I think I am going to sell my 7 Replica
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in Cars For Sale
Martin, must be hard to let your baby go. I could never do it, and I only assembled mine. Hope you still hang around here. :flag::seeya: Tom -
usa7's meet in Carlisle PA next year?
yellowss7 replied to RGTorque's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Hey Jim. :seeya: Glad to hear that you are still driving the Caterham. I thought that drive out might have beat you up so much that you'd never get back into it again. Tom -
I always liked " Scream if you want to go faster":puke: Tom
-
4th Annual 7s Gathering at NJMP Planning
yellowss7 replied to yellowss7's topic in General Sevens Discussion
-
Hard to believe that this will be the 4th annual 7s Gathering at NJMP. We had 11 sevens on track together last year and for 2014 we hope to add to that total significantly based on responses from several who could not make it last year. For 2014 we are looking to expand the event to include 7 owners who would like to be part of the festivities but are not into tracking their cars. Croc (Mike), Blubarisax (Karl), JBH (Jeff) and I (Tom) are kicking around the possibility of adding activities for those who want to join in the fun and camaraderie. NJMP is Located in South Jersey, less than 60 miles from Philadelphia and about 45 miles from Atlantic City. There are plenty of lodging opportunities locally, including On Site rooms, Rental condos, and Camping. There are 3 or 4 hotels in close proximity as well accommodating all budgets. Trailers/vehicles can be left on site with 24hour security. Dining options are plentiful as well, including onsite restaurant and bar, catering, or BBQing. Off Site dining options are also plentiful. At this time the local track day companies have not posted their 2014 schedules but based on past history, we think the event will most likely end up around the 3rd or 4th weekend of June. Our thoughts for this event would be an arrival on Friday night with an informal cocktail party/gathering ahead of a dinner on site. Saturday would be a track day for those who chose that option or a group drive with a destination stop such as a local winery, museum, Jersey Shore beach or Atlantic City (To be determined). Possible Spa trip for the spouses/significant others??? Back at the track for cocktails and dinner. Possible activities before dinner such as parade laps on the track, Group Photo, etc. Sunday again the track option, or an autocross/go kart event for some and another group drive to Cape May with lunch. Before dinner we could have a concours over cocktails before heading offsite to one of the good local restaurants in the Millville area. Monday and Tuesday optional track days. Obviously this is in the rough planning stage and will require a lot more effort to finalize. We will need a few volunteers to help out with leading the drives. But we should be able to coordinate most of the details in advance to make it a smooth process. Feel free to chime in with suggestions or thoughts. I think almost all who have participated in the event over the last 3 years have had a good time and enjoyed the camaraderie. Our feeling is more 7s equal more fun. Looking forward to seeing more of you and your 7s. Tom, Mike, Karl and Jeff.
-
3.5 days and 1,600 miles in a 7
yellowss7 replied to dhubbard422's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Welcome aboard! Hopefully you can come out to NJMP next June to join the fun. I have it on good authority that we may have TWO S1's out on the track next year. Right Steve??? :jester: We are in the planning stages right now but we hope to offer Non trackday activities to those who would like to get together but not put their car on track. Stay tuned. So is your call Metallic Orange like DaveD and S1Steve's??? That would be a hoot. Tom -
3.5 days and 1,600 miles in a 7
yellowss7 replied to dhubbard422's topic in General Sevens Discussion
sorry, I believe it specified half the width of the tire had to be covered. Tom -
3.5 days and 1,600 miles in a 7
yellowss7 replied to dhubbard422's topic in General Sevens Discussion
SCCA regs for Autoxing, require that you have at least half of the tire covered with a fender, if I recall correctly. Tom -
3.5 days and 1,600 miles in a 7
yellowss7 replied to dhubbard422's topic in General Sevens Discussion
You mean like this? :willy_nilly: I'd highly recommend using nylon bolts to hold the rear wings on and you don't need more than 5 or 6. That way when you hit a cone you DON'T rip out the rivnuts and tear up the aluminum skin. You Will have some fiberglass work to do but that's not a hard job. That wing has been repaired twice and looks fine. http://usa7s.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1853&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1276827644 -
Found this on Blatchat: Gareth You can check the oil pressure sender with a meter. Pull the connection off the sender and connect an ohm meter between the terminal on the sender and earth. It should read somewhere between about 3Kohms and 4 Kohms. If it's open or short circuit, you have a duff sender, but I don't think this is the cause of your problems. But worth checking while you're at it. The oil pressure gauge itself will have 3 connections (apart from the panel lamp). If you can take the gauge out (it has two handtight knurled nuts at the back) disconnect the plug that goes to it and measure the resistance between the 3 terminals (ie: if we call them A,B & C, measure A to B, B to C and A to C. The two smaller resistances you measure should add up to the larger one. I don't know exactly what the values should be, but knowing the oil pressure sender is around 3.5 Kohms, I would estimate that the resistances you measure at the gauge will be of the order of 450 ohms, 800 ohms and their total (1250 ohms). The actual values may be different but shouldn't be something weird like hugely high or zero. Chris
-
Took the Caterham out again today. 2nd time this week. Weather in Philly is perfect. Thank you AL Gore. I did my part today to keep the global temps up.:driving: I took it over to the mechanic and had it in for it's annual State inspection. No issues as he keeps it in shape for the track day season. Good for another year. Only saw one other convertible with it's top down, a Miata. What's wrong with people these days. I can't understand why if you have a convertible you drive with the top up on days like today. :smash: Trackdays start up again next week so I'll probably get it out again a couple of times this weekend and then switch it back over to trackday trim. Best of both worlds IMO. :driving: Tom
-
Oh FFS! Simon Cowell has bought a Caterham
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I hope he chooses ORANGE. :jester::jester: Tom -
Did the Porsche boys let you play with them this time? :seeya: Tom
-
Yeah, I have a 2002 911 and I'm aware of the potential issues. :cuss: But I still like it and In the 7 years I've owned it it's been ok. I do have 14,000 miles on it now, though so it's probably almost broken in. :rofl: Tom
