Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Mike, hurry up, you only have two weeks before the track day. Looks like you're stepping up the power to compete with Croc and Karl. :hurray: I put new decals on mine so that has to be good for 10-15 more hp right? :willy_nilly: Tom
  2. Welcome to the site Cmax. I don't know what part of Pa. you're from, but in a couple of weeks, there will be at least 8 of us 7 owners taking our cars on the track at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. If you can join us you could get a look at a lot of different types of wheel and tire combos. Tom
  3. Karl, what's your opinion, which track do you like better? Tom
  4. Great News Michael. 2 weeks to go and we have a real shot at 10 sevens on track at the same time if the guys I talked to can make it. Add the few that will attend but not track and it will be a great turn out. :party: Tom
  5. I know an SA2000 or newer is required according to the FAQ. Tom You can always ask Ian via an email. He responds pretty quickly.
  6. Mike, I don't think Westy is from Kansas, so may not befamiliar with Autox. Tom
  7. Thanks Karl, I wonder if I can have them blown up big enough to put on the trailer? Here's my email address. Tgaval@comcast.net.
  8. Three weeks to go and we Have 7 7s confirmed for the trackday. I've talked with two other Caterham owners who are members at the track who are possibles but won't commit definately yet. If George and both of them can make it we could end up with 10, 7s on track at once. :party: Hopefully that will convince a few other of you out there to try to join us as well. S1 Steve??? Al? Now who has a nice wide angle lens on their camera to get some good pics? Tom
  9. Great idea Michael, Hope he can join us either way. He has a wealth of racing experience and should be good for a couple of great stories. Tell him, I'll buy his first beer. :party: Tom
  10. Ryan, if you don't have any luck finding someone to set up your car. Try George Alderman (caterham Mid atlantic) in Delaware. He set my car up and I've been happy with it. http://www.midatlanticcaterham.com/
  11. Great Ryan, Welcome aboard. I believe we now have seven 7's doing the track day with a couple more possibly showing up to watch. Should be a good time. As for track tips, don't hesitate to ask for an instructor to ride with you. That's never a bad idea. Monday we are on the Lightning circuit, a pretty fast 11 turn 1.9 mile track. Turn # 7 is a blind righthander and the track continues to turn right so you really have to be aimed correctly or you can end up going of the track. It will take several sessions until you get comfortable with the line. Tuesday we are on Thunderbolt, a 2.25 mile 14 turn track that has a section that our 7's handle much better than the bigger faster cars. Two really nice tracks, check out some You tube videos of them to get a feel for them. Tom
  12. Ok, here's a short clip showing a couple laps and the off. I think I went in a little hot and then over corrected the steering and then when I lifted, the wheels were pointed the wrong way. Any other insights? Thanks. [/url]
  13. I was definately outgunned on the straights, the 458 pulled away like a rocket, the GTRs were very fast on the straights. And the Mercedes Black went by fast and silent. One Z06 driver said he was on the ragged edge trying to stay with me on one of the long sweepers, where I thought I was just taking it easy, so he could pass me on the main straight. I think Croc's right, I'm driving like a little old lady. :driving: That said I was not pushing the car to anywhere near its max potential. The harder tires definately hindered my speed in the turns and I don't think I went over 6300 rpm in 6th down the straits. I don't really feel the need to get to 8000 rpm. :leaving: Top speed isn't that important to me. So I let alot of cars pass me on this course as it supposedly has 11 turns, but most of them are really High speed sweepers with the exception of turn 1, turn 5, and turn 7. So this track really plays to the big top end cars. The other track, Thunderbolt, has 13 turns and I find that I can let a guy pass me on the entrance to the main straight, and then be on his tail at the same point a lap latter until he pulls away down through the first 3 turns which have long straights between them, so far that I lose sight of them but catch them by turn 9 or 10. I'm sure a good driver in my car or a beast like Crocs, would have no problem keeping up or leading the pack. Tom
  14. Well, I did another trackday at NJMP on the Lightning circuit yesterday, and had my first spin/off track experience. Went out on my well heat cycled hooiser slicks, and had a good first session. Lots of big HP cars in the intermidate group, a 458 Ferrari, a 360, a couple of GTRs, four Z06s, and a bunch of Porsches, turbos, GT3s etc. I was feeling a little outguned with all that big metal out there. Second session, I was doing fine and then went to pass a slower car just before the tightest turn and went in a little hot and missed the turn in point. Felt the back end start to slide, turned the wheel, and lifted and the car snapped to the right and I was off the track. :ack::ack: I kept the car running and moving and after a little scenic off roading, pulled back on to the track and into the pits. Check the car over, changed the trousers, and all was good:puke: I did two more sessions after lunch and the car and driver were no worse for the wear. I did catch it on video and after I find time to edit it down a bit I'll post it up. My wife said that I should not save the new slicks for the upcoming NJMP sevens track day, and that I should put them on NOW!! I had planned on keeping them fresh for the 7's get together.:devil: Hate to admit that after 36 heat cycles she may be right. Tom
  15. Ok, guys, based on responses I got, I booked 4 suites at NJMP for Sunday night and Monday night. departing Tuesday. I got a room for Me and my cousin John, One room for Croc One room for Kitcat One room for Karl. Michael D. if you want to join us let me know Rooms cost for the 2 nights is $204.04 with my member discount. Stinking New Jersey tax is brutal. If anyone else wants a room, let me know and I will set it up. The suites have two nice queen pullout couches that are pretty comfortable. Flat screen tv, cable, fridge and microwave, and full bath/shower. My email address is tgaval@comcast.net It might be easier to take this off line and not bore the rest of the group if all attending members email me and that way we can make sure everyone stays in the loop. Tom
  16. Michael, I was planning on staying at the track or the Fairfield inn in Millville as a second option. Major benefit of the track suite is secure parking for trailers, and cars. Glad you are joining us. That makes 6 of us and we are hoping that Ron's R500 will be ready in time. Tom
  17. Jack, definately sounds like a plan for next year. We are already making a list of things that we are going to add to our must do at Indy list. This one is now on the list. Now who do we see about getting a suite for race day? :rofl: That and a Police escort to and from the track. That traffic was brutal yesterday. Tom
  18. I'm told I'm were are just south of 131st and clay center. Obviously very close by. CRAP again! Tom
  19. CRAP! I'm here in Carmel staying with a friend 1 mile away from Queens Way circle. :dupe::ack: Got in on Thursday leaving tomorrow morning. Tom
  20. Another memorable shot. :jester:
  21. Here are a couple of pitures. We had 1st row seats at the end of pit row, right where the IZOD booth was. Tom
  22. Went to my first INDY 500 today. Wild stuff. The speed is just incredible! 35 second or so laps around a 2.5 mile track. Just nuts Tom
  23. Tassles and TaTa's I like it!!!! :jester::jester::jester: Down to four weeks before the NJMP get together. Gonna be a lot of laughs. Can't wait. Tom
  24. Mike, I really like what you did with your new CSR. Although I think Colin's mantra was adding Liteness not adding Brightness. :rofl: Tom
  25. I kind of like the rear view with the tail fins.:cooldude: Tom
×
×
  • Create New...