-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Just to explain, a local car club has a Thanksgiving car meet from 7am to noon. Everything from horseless carrige brass era cars, Hotrods, musclecars, Old Bentley's,Jags, etc. All levels of fit and finish from primer to concour level. No real order, all just parked as they arrive. Guys just getting out of the house while the cooking is happening. Attracts quite a crowd. A bag of canned goods is the price of admission. A pretty cool event. Here's a couple pics from last year. Tom
-
Thanks Jon. All I know is that they can do some major damage if they hit your car. I guess you're about an hour further west and north of here, (Media,Pa.) But like you said, it was still a great day to be out. Tom
-
Hate to rub it in again, but it's been another spectacular day here in Philly. Weather is sunny and 68F. With the leaves just starting to turn yellow and orange. Not too many leaves on the road yet, However those big round green things? that some trees have as seeds? are starting to fall and that can be dangerous. They are hard and about the size of a plum. Anyone know what they are or what kind of tree it is? Had the Caterham out for about an hour and a half of nice, traffic free blatting. Not many cars out, did have a black viper wave going the other way and another guy gave me a thumbs up as I went past. The cars is running great, and it never ceases to amaze me at how quick it is and how effortlessly it handles. Did a couple of brief accelleration runs from 5 to 60 or so and the sound as it passes 5k rpm is just awesome. :drool: Hope to get a few more days like this before it gets colder. Anyone else get out today? Tom
-
List your projects for the winter modding season
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Hey Martin, if you have time and are up for a Blat let me know. Tom -
List your projects for the winter modding season
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Michael's was pretty wide, it held 4 10 inch wide Hoosier slicks side by side. -
List your projects for the winter modding season
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Box, re: the tire rack for the rollbar, Michael D. had one for his Caterham that worked pretty well, since he has a trailer now you might want to ping him about his. Don't know if it will fit your Sumo Version though. Tom -
List your projects for the winter modding season
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Took mine out and got it's State inspection done today. Good for another year. I Think I'll wash and wax it and.... That's about it. It's running great. I changed the oil, brake and clutch fluid and gearbox oil in April before the Log track day. I'll do another oil and filter change, check all the belts and hoses, clean and reoil the air filter and put it back up on the lift, once the weather stops being so nice.:driving: Other than that, just the usual check of all the bolts and nuts to make sure they are torqued. I had a locknut come loose at Barber going down the third straight. It was on the bolt that went thru the sidelight marker on the left front wing and thru the wingstay. I noticed the clam starting to flap and at 90+ and thought, hmm, I've heard people say that clams cause some front end lift, but I didn't think that they would flap prior to takeoff. Just goes to prove that even nyloks can vibrate loose. Everyone should do a good check over of all their cars even if they don't track or autox them. Tom -
Great pics Steve, It's a shame that fat guy got into alot of the shots. :seeya: Had a great time, lots of great cars, very friendly owners and crews. And we saw some really good races. The last one we watched had the ratty looking red 7 #71 in the third picture, starting dead last in a large field, including another S3 7. Not only did he pass about 5 cars the first lap. He ended up 3rd overall. He just kept picking cars off on every lap. It was really cool watching this little 7 picking off the field. NJMP looks like a great place to have a USA7's get together at an event like this. Several other car clubs seemed to have events scheduled today. Tom
-
An open letter from the Club President
yellowss7 replied to Al N.'s topic in General Sevens Discussion
Guess I can't tweak you anymore. Best of luck with it. How about a pic or 2. As for color, looks like it was orignally Yellow with Ali. You Can't go wrong with Yellow!!! Tom -
Hey Steve, my neighbor is a member/sponsor of the track and said he has some passes we could use. Don't know if he's going but he said we're welcome to the passes. If he goes he may bring his son so I don't know what I'm bringing yet. If it rains it won't be the 7 as I never bought the weather gear. Let's talk offline so we don't bore the rest of the club unless Al, wants to join us. Tom
-
Steve, are you still planning on going the the SVRA at NJMP on Saturday? Weather looks a little iffy. They also run on Friday and Sunday. Let me know what day you are going. Tom
-
Al, just saw this posted on Blatchat. Here's your chance to own a great 7. From Blatchat "Note from the HLR Autumn magazine that Graham Nearn is selling one of his Sevens. It's a 1965 1500 Cosworth and it looks immaculate and I bet it's not cheap!" This post just went up, and I have no idea what the HLR Autumn mag is. Just looked it up, it's the Historic Lotus Register. Duh! Tom
-
Caterham SV Rolling Chassis at Sevens & Elans
yellowss7 replied to 11Budlite's topic in Cars For Sale
No, Some of us on here have had :banghead: experiences in the purchase of our cars/and or parts. There are plenty of other good Dealers to do business with like Chip, George or the guys in Denver. IMO. Tom -
I'm more of a traditionalist. I lean more toward the White Stack dash of the R500, but the push buttons not so much. Tom
-
Thanks for posting the link Chip! That was fun to watch. Eric came in 3rd with the Seven. .0063 out of second!!! Long straights did him in. Tom
-
Caterham SV Rolling Chassis at Sevens & Elans
yellowss7 replied to 11Budlite's topic in Cars For Sale
Ditto!!!!!:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: -
Skip, if you have the standard Caterham rear calipers, I believe they are the Ford Sierra calipers. The windback tool that is shown at the bottom of the second link listed in Dingo's post is probably what you need. I found one on Ebay awhile back like this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-BRAKE-CALIPER-TOOL-SET-FOR-DISC-BRAKES-AUTO-REPAIR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4ceb0cc2b7QQitemZ330360996535QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools On further searching, I suggest you may find even better deals. Just saw one that was at .99 with 10 hours to go. Same set. Tom
-
Say hello to Sig and his brother Edgar:seeya:on the Northwestern. I'll make sure the weather holds until you get back. Oh, BTW, Opening day of Bow season just started and this morning there were 4 bucks in my back yard, right in front of the Posted sign. Think they can read? Tom
-
Maybe next year. My cousin sold his pickup truck so I need to buy a Truck to tow my trailer. Figure I'll wait until later in the winter to pick one up. On the plus side, I went to an event in Berks County Pa, About 20 miles north of Valley Forge, Pa. where they hope to build a new race track. Still a few hurdles to clear, but they are projecting a 2011-12 opening. We'll see. Let me know the next time you're going out on track and I'll take a ride down to watch. Tom
-
Hey Michael D. :seeya: Things are great. Let me know next time you're doing a track day. I'll come down to watch. On Saturday I went out to Berks county Pa. where a new Race Track is proposed. Still at least 2 years out but it's only 1 hour from my place and looks like it could be a winner. Tom
-
Good catch West Texas! No the car was set up with the Avon Cr500 radials on. Duh! Not only are the slicks bias ply, but the profile is alot less too. Thanks Tom
-
The Mini?
-
Thanks for the suggestions. They are Bias Ply Hoosiers. in the R25B compound, their softest. When I autoxed I ran them at 12-12.5 psi all around. Should mention that these are 10inch wide at all four corners. This was a brand new set that has only run 1 track day to date, so the wear is from that event. I did bump up the tire pressure to 16 psi cold for the event and to be honest, never checked it between runs to see what it the Hot psi was. I was certainly tenative on my first few laps but the rest of the days sessions I got it going pretty good. Obviously I wasn't running at 10/10ths or probably not even 8/10ths. Just having fun. Car stuck like glue so no complaints with the set up. (It was done by George Alderman at MidAtlantic Caterham) I can't remember what the settings were, but it doesn't look overcambered compared to other Caterhams I've seen. As for the springing, I have the stock 150lbs front springs and the stock rears as well. I'm running the 19 mm rollbar in front and the rear arb is set to the most forward (stiffest) setting.
-
I just got around to cleaning the marbles off my Hoosier slicks from the track day I did at LOG29. I noticed that the wear on the rear tires was pretty even all across both tires. On the fronts, both left and right, I notice that there is no wear on the outside inch of the tire. Any setup experts out there that can tell me if this is normal? I thought that maybe it's just a result of the camber (and my slow driving). Car is set up with a little toe out as well if that has any bearing. Tom
-
Just got back in from another 2 hour blat. :driving: Where is everyone? Not one good car out. Last Sunday I pulled alongside of a guy in a nice 65 vette conv. Both of us smiling like little kids on Christmas morning. Weather here in the Philly area is sunny and 70F. No humidity. I'm going to watch a half of the Beagles and the Ain'ts and then head back out. Winter will be here way too quickly. Hope all of you have had a chance to exercise your horses! And Martin et al on the Left Coast, I don't want to here that you have that weather year round.:seeya: Tom
