2021 Caterham CSR "CatKong"

That looks like a camshaft position sensor at the back of the cam cover. Does your ECU not require that input? Will a shorter sensor with a shorter mount be on the new cam cover?

Sorry, may have confused things. The ECU will require the input but you can get low rise sensors and side mounts. My current 2.3L Caterham has a side mount connection off the cam cover.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic work, Croc, and a completely gorgeous car. I apologize - I would not have PM'd you for info if I had known about this thread. Your detailed explications have provided me with additional choices for my forthcoming Seven - thanks for that. I simply cannot make this ANOTHER multi-year project, so a Cat that I can upgrade to 2.5 liters or a stock 620R are now my primary choices. Best of luck with this trailblazing venture - to be able to accurately state that your (anything) is among the (any ultimate quality) in the world is an amazing accomplishment in 2021. This is a Caterham to drive into the cloud tops of Mount Olympus - congratulations!

Edited by Bruce K
I apologize - I would not have PM'd you for info if I had known about this thread.

No apology needed. I share to save someone the pain of reinventing the wheel plus I like the idea of you also going bonkers like me! :jester:

• Croc changed the title to 2021 Caterham CSR "CatKong"