Josh and Ross Robbins delivered my new 420R last night, see pics. We all have our favorite colors, but for me this green looks so amazing in person; I could not be happier. I published the spec earlier, in the Last Crate from Dartford thread but we made a few changes during the build.

The car now sports rear lighting courtesy of Just Add Lightness and a third brake light from the same source. I ordered the black hood latches from Redline Components too late for installation, but those will go on soon. I also added half doors from Thunder Sport and a full tonneau for good measure. Josh added the cool rear license plate bracket, which mounts using existing holes for the license plate light. Josh also added a clear wrap to parts of the car, including the rear wings. Based on comments from Croc, I put the C/F wing protectors on the shelf for now.

I can’t say enough about how great Josh was to work with every step of the way, from spec’ing the car through delivery. Every question I had was answered promptly and the only reason the car was a little late was down to an incorrectly manufactured electric component from a Caterham supplier. Even with that, Josh was able to source a new part from Caterham that arrived in 48 hours!

I am not a great photographer, but Josh took lots of pics this morning just at sunrise, hopefully he will add a few pictures to this thread when he has time.

VIN inspection and DMV this week, fingers crossed.

Jim

Delivery 1.jpg

Delivery 2.jpg

Delivery 4.jpg

Received my license plates today! DMV here in UT is pretty flexible, no safety inspection, no smog except in counties with larger cities. I called DMV they sent someone to my house for the VIN inspection at a time convenient for me. I assumed they would attach a VIN plaque, but instead said we could use the Caterham serial number. Drove to 30 minutes to DMV, waited 10 minutes, paid my fees and left with license plates. From the time the inspector pulled into my driveway to walking out with plates (including drive time) was 2 hours.

Received my license plates today! DMV here in UT is pretty flexible, no safety inspection, no smog except in counties with larger cities. I called DMV they sent someone to my house for the VIN inspection at a time convenient for me. I assumed they would attach a VIN plaque, but instead said we could use the Caterham serial number. Drove to 30 minutes to DMV, waited 10 minutes, paid my fees and left with license plates. From the time the inspector pulled into my driveway to walking out with plates (including drive time) was 2 hours.

Right, I am moving to Utah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokey must be shaking his head in disbelief as he reads this :) Congrats on making it through Utah's arduous process!

-John

Pokey must be shaking his head in disbelief as he reads this :) Congrats on making it through Utah's arduous process!

-John

I particularly like the take-out VIN inspection!