2022 USA7s Event - New Jersey - Photo Thread

Croc

Many thx for all the photos Croc! I like the light blue (its own form of adding lightness?)early Caterham, as well as the dark green original Lotus 7.  Maybe not the fastest on the track but they get points for longevity and coolness in my book.

Some more photos of the 1999 Williams F1 car that was working up this weekend. 8A9662F3-844C-4BEC-9C57-F85F84218129.thumb.jpeg.a041902b11cdb298528f3dd5ecd3b1c0.jpeg

E75B6A9D-CBB7-49F0-91D7-20F7E2DB52A6.thumb.jpeg.5f7b6c010a800cfe2dacc9f256c63643.jpeg

A short video from the Devil section is in a subsequent post below to get an idea of the engine wail.  It was limited to 15000rpm instead of its redline of 17000rpm while the happy owner started to get up to speed with driving it.  

We had perfect weather, a great group of drivers and several spectators/future owners.  A few mechanical issues but all but Dez were able to get their runs in.  Today I think everyone had their full share of track time as we got a bonus of a couple double length sessions.   

Five of us hung around for a beer then dinner and there are just two of us staying the night before heading home. Jay is hard core.  Last off the track and will drive his Seven back to Connecticut tomorrow.  Real hard core.   Thanks to everyone for making the effort to participate.  This really is a special opportunity  to get our cars out on track and have some fun in a safe fashion.  Hopefully we will be allowed to do it again next year.  Tom

• Thanks 1

Another great 7’s event is in the books. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The weather was perfect for both days. I’d particularly like to thank the willing and able gang of starters that kept me on track both days with push-starts after my starter failed early in the first day. 

Edited by John B
  • Haha 1

Thank you @yellowss7 and @Croc for organizing this fantastic event; I’m so glad I came out for this!! While I wasn’t able to get some hot laps in my own car… just meeting other 7 owners, chatting, analyzing different car setups and overall good old fashioned car guy hanging out, made the trip down more than worth it. 

Also, shout out to @John Bfor taking me out for one of my most memorable rides as a passenger to date 😬🤝. Your understanding and control of your 7️⃣ has given me something to aim for😎

I’ve already ordered a completely new petronix ignition system and looking forward to coming back to NJMP very soon and every year thereafter. 

Thanks again to everyone who helped make my first track experience special 🥂

-Des

44C96BAA-9828-4616-92CA-6883A9213DAD.jpeg

E228E4B3-7A77-4513-BDE7-9EA48FE6F2A5.jpeg

176C0A73-7B49-4261-9CFE-0D325B04DB54.jpeg

Edited by NSXguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yellowss7 said:

I just got home and unloaded the truck and it looks like I inadvertently picked up someone’s blue Sparco racing suit bag.  Let me know who’s it is and I’ll get it back to you.   Tom

Must have been the Williams F1 guy's  :classic_biggrin:

17 hours ago, yellowss7 said:

I just got home and unloaded the truck and it looks like I inadvertently picked up someone’s blue Sparco racing suit bag.  Let me know who’s it is and I’ll get it back to you.   Tom

13 hours ago, John B said:

Must have been the Williams F1 guy's  :classic_biggrin:

Turns out it was mine.  Could not find it when packing up in the pits and I assumed it was in the garage somehow.  Nice find.  

I am definitely not good enough to drive a 1999 Williams F1 car.  Proved it driving a 1970s Arrows F1 car.  

another great even with great hosts. more laps then i could handle and definitely worth the time and money if your on the fence about coming out. extra thanks goes to croc for going over the track map with me after one of the later extended sessions. looking forward to future events! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to all for making this a great event, and especially Croc and Tom for the herculean effort they put into preparing for it :cheers2:. We couldn't have gotten better weather and the double stints on Monday gave us great track time and tested our endurance. And spotting a Brabham out of the corner of my eye entering a turn certainly was a wake up call. Even from a 7 it is not easy to spot a formula car coming up on you. And the F1000 was simply flying. By the time I got home to Hartford yesterday I was thoroughly burn't out (even though it was a nice drive home). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Black Hole said:

Thanks to all for making this a great event, and especially Croc and Tom for the herculean effort they put into preparing for it :cheers2:. We couldn't have gotten better weather and the double stints on Monday gave us great track time and tested our endurance. And spotting a Brabham out of the corner of my eye entering a turn certainly was a wake up call. Even from a 7 it is not easy to spot a formula car coming up on you. And the F1000 was simply flying. By the time I got home to Hartford yesterday I was thoroughly burn't out (even though it was a nice drive home). 

Hats off to you for making that drive. I think by this time next year, there'll be a few more Cats in the states...maybe we can make a rally down to the track. That'll be epic. 

• Like 1