Jump to content

2026 Annual HPDE Hosted by NJMP Drivers Club - October 17/18, 2026


Recommended Posts

Posted
50 minutes ago, SK400 said:

All,  trying to make it to this event. It’s a commitment and a half driving 12hrs each way from Ann Arbor MI!  At this point 50 percent chance of I can clear a few things from my plate.  
 

Croc, Tom - question for you: is the speed at the end of the straight slightly faster or slower given the new shortcut modification on thunderbolt?   


Let me clear that up. @simon450 and I found the track faster running 1min21 when we had a rather nice game of track tag together.  Vmax is a little lower at end of straight as you start your straight about 75 feet or so later with the new Devil bypass.  However, average speed through T1 is higher because it was reprofiled to be faster.  
 

But your situation will be much different.  Your top speed will be substantially lower, zero in fact as betting odds say you won’t be there.  
 

@yellowss7 and I have musing as to what excuse you will use this year to not turn up?   Personally I voted on you needing to perm and dye your chest hair the same color as your driving suit.  

 

Come on Seb - we need a polisher to show the younger se7en owners how to look like a show pony on track!  😛.   I am missing having you around to roast.   
 

Why don’t you ship your car to TJ and fly in?   

 

Posted

I’m love the reverse psychology :) 

but your Jedi tricks will only partly work on me, Master Croc. 
 

But agree, I’m running out of excuses… 

 

My car should be quasi ready. I’m waiting for the rear brake LED kit from the UK and that’s about it.  Seatbelts are new, helmet, hand device etc. Have 4 yr old tires so okay for NJMP (but not best handling) and some slicks I still have not used since I blew the transmission 3 years ago.  So in principle, should be ready.  
 

I did not have the energy to change the differential final drive ratio this summer so I suspect I will hit the rev limiter on the straight by the time I pass the tower or just after…. 
 

also I have -2.5 camber in the rear now, great but too much grip vs front and the car understeers a bit more at entry.  I need to tune the balance a bit. 
 

But who cares.., she is fun and still very quick, and I would love to see you all again.  It’s been too long.  
 


 


 

 

  • Thanks 1
Posted

I went on the betting app that Sydney Sweeney was advertising on to look at what the odds were for Seb attending this year. Unfortunately I couldn’t get past her Ads for some reason  as I rather look at her than check on the odds of Seb attending. 0.00%. 😜

  • Thanks 1
Posted

For those who are actually thinking of attending. You have 4 weeks to get your cars and acts together for this year’s event. My guesstimate is that we could get 15+ if the stars align.   I think our record was 26.  Hopefully some of you will kick it in gear and may like a serious effort to join us.  
 

Posted

Sorry guys- I can't make it this year.  We'll be in Utah at all of the National parks.  Would rather be driving but supposed to have some nice scenery to make up for it!

 

Hope everyone behaves themselves.  Keep it on the black stuff, stay off the green.

 

Jim

  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)

Going to miss you twice Jim.  We are heading out there too but the following week.  Should have planned better. We gave enough lead time 😜

Edited by yellowss7
Posted

 

Just checked the Motorsportreg site and some diehards have already registered:

 

Tom - Orange 260

Eric - 420R

Charlie - 420R

Tim - 420R

plus Me with Kato.

 

I am flat flooring my car for its updated suspension set up today.  This will match my preferred suspension set up in my UK 420R which works very well in all tracks and conditions.  

 

Posted

260 Croc???🤬.  Is that a crack at my driving.  
Even Yellow is a superlight R.   Orange is close to your 620s.    Show some respect. 😎

Posted
39 minutes ago, yellowss7 said:

260 Croc???🤬.  Is that a crack at my driving.  
Even Yellow is a superlight R.   Orange is close to your 620s.    Show some respect. 😎

 

Thats what you tuned it to when you last did that remote dyno - Steve got it to 265 or something hp.  

Posted

I am in negotiations to have a Caterham dealer present at this event.  He is thinking of trailering a 2023 Caterham 420R SV demonstrator to the event for those who are in their "shopping phase" for a Caterham or a se7en generally.  

 

Please let me know if you have any interest and I will ensure you get an introduction.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Making my way slowly registering.  
hope the weather holds. 
 

remind me, do they sell 100 octane at the track and is it ethanol free? 
 

thanks 

Posted
33 minutes ago, SK400 said:

Making my way slowly registering.  
hope the weather holds. 
 

remind me, do they sell 100 octane at the track and is it ethanol free? 
 

thanks 

 

 

Quote from sign up page:

On most track days the fuel stations are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The fuel station at Thunderbolt Raceway offers octanes of 93, 95  & 100 (unleaded) and 110 & 112 (leaded), while the station at Lightning Raceway offers 93 & 100 (unleaded) and 110 (leaded). The fuel stations are permitted to fill containers in proper five gallon red fuel cans only, per New Jersey state law. Larger fuel containers of 10 gallons or more (any color) are permitted to be used as long as as they are marked appropriately (stickers or writing on container that reads “FUEL”).

 

No idea on ethanol - I would reach out to them directly to confirm.  

Posted

Hoping to make it to spectate, meet all the USA7s folks and see their Sevens in person, who I've only met on-line. I have family obligations in Cleveland and Pittsburgh so NJMP is not that much of a stretch from Austin. Just wish the price of diesel would drop a bit.

Cheers! 

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...