MightyMike's Birkin for Sale

MightyMike

Regrettably, I must sell my beloved Birkin S3. My back never quite returned to normal after I broke it last year while mountain biking and driving the Birkin is rather painful. I am asking $27,000 or best reasonable offer.

I have most of the original documentation for this car as well as a folder with all receipts for parts and labor since I purchased it from Jason (Marine7) early last year.

Overall, the car is in magnificent shape, both inside and outside. There is very slight wear on the leatherette door panels and the canvas boot cover.

Over the past year, much of the car was completely rebuilt. It has new fenders, new paint, new dash, new gauges, new ISIS wiring harness, new wheels, and much more.

Engine is a fuel injected 2.0L Ford ZETEC mated to a Ford T-9 transmission.

PM or email me at mjoneill100 at yahoo dot com if interested.

Regards,

Mike

http://i51.tinypic.com/116jedy.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2nukvaq.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/6p842e.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ym63nr.jpg

Edited by MightyMike

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't include that...

VIN: AE9B1RK1NW1AB1033

My understanding is that it is a '99 chassis, but was titled as a '01

Current mileage is 16,721 (includes 870 miles with new Stack Dash)

Includes weather gear and all extra parts that I have laying around

No heater

Sorry to hear about your back problem. Before you sell, you may try a more comfy seat. The stock Birkin jobs of that vintage are not exactly renowned for ergonomics.

I can sit in my Birkin all day (have Cobra seats) and feel more relaxed than in my Honda or Hyundai tintops. That said, if your problem is just getting in and out there is little you can do about it.

Good luck either way.

Boy, that's really a shame.

You've done a lot of work to that car... someone sure is going to be grateful for all your work.

Hope you can find another outlet for speed/excitement that doesn't hurt your back.

As Mike said, the car is basically brand new. I shoud know, I sold Mike the car about 2 yrs ago. At that time the car had about 12.5k miles on it. Mike jumped in it and drove straight from Houston to Denver in January without incident. (well he nearly froze his butt off in a snowstorm and had a headlight go out) Since then, he's clearly don an amazing job rebuilding and improving the car in every way. Just look at the craftsmanship on the center tunnel and console. His attention to detail simply doesn't show in the pictures. The engine is a Zetec 1. I fitted a UK spec water heater to simplify the belt routing (now its a simple triangular setup from crank, water pump, alternator). Whoever buys this car is getting a great car at a fraction of the price of a new one. The car has always been very well taken car of and has not seen track time. I'm happy to answer any questions about the cars history.

Regards

Jason

As Mike said, the car is basically brand new. I shoud know, I sold Mike the car about 2 yrs ago. At that time the car had about 12.5k miles on it. Mike jumped in it and drove straight from Houston to Denver in January without incident. (well he nearly froze his butt off in a snowstorm and had a headlight go out) Since then, he's clearly don an amazing job rebuilding and improving the car in every way. Just look at the craftsmanship on the center tunnel and console. His attention to detail simply doesn't show in the pictures. The engine is a Zetec 1. I fitted a UK spec water heater to simplify the belt routing (now its a simple triangular setup from crank, water pump, alternator). Whoever buys this car is getting a great car at a fraction of the price of a new one. The car has always been very well taken car of and has not seen track time. I'm happy to answer any questions about the cars history.

Regards

Jason

Jason - Many thanks for your endorsement and offer to lend additional information on the history of the car.

Mike

Hello mike

I write to you of Europe in Belgium.

I have just bought a birkine of 1999 to RU since 1 month. I find your car super and I like much the exhaust.

can you give me the characteristics of this part.

I still have the exhaust of origin with catalytic but it is really not beautiful. still thank you for your council and good sale.

About the seats I come to order seats of caterham S3 much more comfortable.

bye Peter

Mike,

So sorry to hear that your back problems force the sale of your Birkin, and probably your Elise also. That is an unreasonably stiff penalty for a moment's mishap.

I have been really impressed with the level of detail in your Birkin fettling. And I enjoyed meeting you at one of Skip's Colorado Seven gatherings.

Best of luck in coping with the effects of your injury. I hope you can find something to occupy your imagination and skill that equals the quick and interesting and iconic cars that you have pursued to date.

Tom Meacham

Hello mike

I write to you of Europe in Belgium.

I have just bought a birkine of 1999 to RU since 1 month. I find your car super and I like much the exhaust.

can you give me the characteristics of this part.

I still have the exhaust of origin with catalytic but it is really not beautiful. still thank you for your council and good sale.

About the seats I come to order seats of caterham S3 much more comfortable.

bye Peter

Peter,

I believe the header and exhaust are factory Birkin parts. The good people at the Birkin Owners forum may be able to assist with getting you more information on the exhaust and header. Here's the link...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/birkinowners/

Thank you very much for the compliments!

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

So sorry to hear that your back problems force the sale of your Birkin, and probably your Elise also. That is an unreasonably stiff penalty for a moment's mishap.

I have been really impressed with the level of detail in your Birkin fettling. And I enjoyed meeting you at one of Skip's Colorado Seven gatherings.

Best of luck in coping with the effects of your injury. I hope you can find something to occupy your imagination and skill that equals the quick and interesting and iconic cars that you have pursued to date.

Tom Meacham

Tom,

Thank you very much. I have several other hobbies to keep me busy, but I must admit that cars are my true passion. I hope that my Birkin sells soon so I can move on.

BTW, it was a pleasure meeting you at Skip's place.

Mike

I've decided to keep my Birkin. I just couldn't stomach the thought of having an empty garage. Not sure if I'll drive it much, but will likely take the advice of a couple USA7ers and replace the seats. Thank you everyone for your support!

Mike

Awesome! I've really enjoyed watching your build on this forum. I told my wife the other day how much it stunk to see your car on the market before I was in a position to buy. Can't wait to see your next post showing new seats.

-Peter

I've decided to keep my Birkin. I just couldn't stomach the thought of having an empty garage. Not sure if I'll drive it much, but will likely take the advice of a couple USA7ers and replace the seats. Thank you everyone for your support!

Mike

Mike,

I'm really happy to hear that. Would you like to borrow my Caterham driver's seat and install it temporarily in your Birkin to see if it will help with your back pain?

I am constantly amazed by the detail and quality of workmanship that I see by this group...I used to think the Miata people were fanatics but they don't even come close...

Whenever I do find a Caterham or Birkin I know I don't have that much free time to work on a car...I have to find one in good condition.

This car looks like a piece of jewelry...outstanding.

Mike

I commiserate with your predicament and hope you find a seating arrangement to make your beautiful car tolerable.

There's always oxycodone, except it tends to deaden the driving experience.

good luck!