-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
No affiliation or links to the seller. It even has a BDR - yum! http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/lotus/caterham/1195411.html http://assets.hemmings.com/uimage/7000882-425-0.jpg?rev=6 Body Style: Super Seven Mileage: 2927 Condition: Excellent Interior: Black Exterior: BRG / Aluminium Location: Burlingame, California, United States Description: 1972 Lotus Caterham Super Seven, This is a Caterham Super Seven Sprint equipped with the DeDion rear axle, a Cosworth BDR engine (170 hp) and a 5 speed gearbox. Due to the extreme low mileage the car presents itself as new. This car was supplied to Moto America Inc, Miami, FL. in September 1993. The Agent was Lebrun Motors Inc. The customer was Heishman BMW Inc. of Arlington, VA. The car is a Caterham 1600 Sprint De Dion, supplied in kit form, with lhd, clamshell wings, green paintwork, De Dion chassis, and supplied with no engine. U.S. spec cloth bucket seats, Motolita steering wheel, oil cooler kit with adaptor, and basically all US spec standard items, except engine, wheels and tires. $38,000 Email seller via Hemmings email link
-
No affiliation, etc. Competitively priced CA car. http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/lotus/super_seven/1221253.html http://assets.hemmings.com/uimage/7291401-425-0.jpg?rev=6 2000 Birkin S3 replica of Lotus 7. Manufactured and imported as complete "roller". Engine/transmission installed by Birkin dealer (Texas Motor Works). Second owner. About 4,500 total miles. Aluminum skin over tube frame, fiber glass nose cone and fenders. Stock Zetec 2 liter with Ford 5 speed transmission. Light weight alternator, Raceline sump, aluminum sump guard, aluminum radiator,4 to 1 header to ss exhaust. Independent front front, live rear axle with trailing arms/panhard rod. AVO coil overs with adjustable ride height/dampening. Disc brakes with adjustable bias. Five 13X7 Panasport two piece aluminum wheels with Yokohama A32 P215/50/13. Spare tire mount. Cloth bucket seats, full VDO instrumentation, adjustable shift light, removable steering wheel, heated windscreen with wash/wipers. Full weather gear: tonneau, lf/rt side curtains, roof. Includes Kirkey aluminum racing seat, driver side Brookland screen, racing mirrors. Original Manufacture Certificate of Origin and most build documents. Registered in California under SB100 (specialty constructed vehicle/smog exempt) transferable to CA resident. Located 75 miles from Sacramento. Sold as is, where is. More details and pictures. Contact to view. $18,650 obo 530 263-4771
-
I am keen for this too. Anyone want to share a truck/container out of the east coast?
-
The car is staying in the US and no it will not be turned into a boat or sub
-
Thats great news that you have the seven back. Does it drive as good as always? I really dont mind if you bring the meotter with your new hair style and a gun rights sticker on the rear bumper, as long as you are there and you do not go chasing after cones in hedges ever again... :jester:
-
From DaveMorris on Blatchat here: http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=202098 Spent some time in St. Charles (close to St. Louis) this weekend and cam upon a time trial course that had been set-up on a large parking lot. Various classes - usual US muscle cars + RX-7 with square-cut box, numerous Miatas/MX-5's, Honda 2000's, a couple of Scoobies etc. There were also 3 Elises that I saw. But no Sevens. Anyone know if there are there any owners in the St.L area (vested interest in finding out as I'm likely to be back here in May.) Dave M I have put a post on Blatchat referring Dave to here. Any St Louis owners keen to meet a UK seven enthusiast please post below.
-
SOLD 4/19/2011. I will let the new owner on this forum make an announcement as to his happy purchase. He is currently driving the seven from NYC to his home, roughly 4000 miles away. I have asked that he make a post on the journey as it will be a very interesting read. I for one have huge respect for his sense of adventure - just brilliant!
-
There are about 21 cars within range of this event. On this Forum: 1) Boxologist (still in repairs Jon?) 2) Sabbot 3) Blubarisax 4) JVBtte (clutch and gearbox reassembled?) 5) Proj217 6) Bster 7) Yellowss 8) SteveS1 9) Redgoose (the new R500 may not be finished in time) 10) Pinballking2 11) 11budlite 12) Bill Thomas 13) Croc 14) Al N (unlikely to attend as Bessie is still in her facelift) 15) Bruce B 16) S2k7 17) Dave D Then there are those known in the area but not on this forum - does someone know how to alert them to the event?: 1) Al & Kathy in Frenchtown 2) new owner of a BRG with yellow stripe roadsport in Frenchtown at Bill Thomas' event last Nov 3) The PA BRG car - I met and then managed to forget the owners name... 4) Who ever bought Redgoose's old seven. I saw it at Edgewater 6 weeks back. Then there are a few people on the board without sevens here in the US but may be interested: 1) Angus&Tessa 2) The Stig Who else have I missed? It would be good to get 10 sevens together this year - seems a reasonable target given how many we have around the area.
-
:rofl: Yes - he has more splattered bugs on his helmet!
-
Hi KiwiB Thanks for the update. It is good to hear that at least you personally are getting back to normal. The real issue with the Christchurch EQ recovery is that the level of damage is massive compared to the resources of the country as a whole. NZ's total population of people (sheep don't count) is about the scale of a large-ish US city. My old work/golf buddy owns and runs an accounting firm in Christchurch and his city centre office was totalled in the EQ although luckily neither him or his employees were harmed. He is learning the hard way how to keep a business going in the aftermath of a catastrophe. Keep up the spirits
-
Congratulations Herr Kapitan on surviving that pit exit puddle in your U-Boat! :ack: Dont the organizers clear obstacles like that away? I am glad your new camera was waterproof. Looks like a really nice day - despite taking it gentle you were still reeling them in easily. The camera looks a nice piece of kit. How come it comes up on you tube with two black bands top and bottom of the image - almost as if it is too short an image? What resolution in HD did you set it to? The best thing about the cam is the sound. So many race cams have crap sound because the microphone is in the wind. With yours I could hear the Healey in front of you at points. Where did you mount the mic in the car?
-
Hi Bruce - Hope Bonaire is treating you well! I would suggest we aim for June 12 with a rain date of June 19. This will fit in with the "Driving Miss Daisy" event scheduled for Mon/Tues June 27/28 at NJMP, allowing us time to prepare our cars (if we have to) following your annual "Escaped from Bonaire" Sevens blat. I suggest we meet in Milford in the usual town parking lot opposite Ship Inn. Gas station is nearby, easy to find and those who trailer their garage queens can park trailer in the same place as last time. On the way back to Ship Inn for the obligatory tall tales lunch, we can stop in Tinicum Park for a group photo. This should be a good year for getting a record number of Sevens - although I bet Al's Bessie the Seven will not be ready - still a lot of work to do on her. Everybody weigh in here with alternative ideas and better suggestions
-
Nice choice Mike. They are a great tire for the seven. Having driven a with a set of CR500s on my new seven I was amazed how sticky they were to kick up all the gravel. Wish I had got a set earlier. So Tom how is your garage queen going? I think Bessie's sister Bertha is thinking of copying her older sibling and joining up here... :jester:
-
Yep...that is an example of the poor quality of driving you get in NYC metro area. It looks like it is on I-287. I want him to police I-78, I-95, I-80......etc Unfortunately most NJ cops that I see are not what you would call polite or considerate. It is probably something to do with the nature of the region putting some rhino attitude into them over time. I had one that was out of sorts with moon phase, time of the month, had not been laid that year, etc who decided my slightly flappy in the slipstream seven sidescreen was a safety hazard and pulled me over to vent and fine me. Meanwhile I see speeding, tailgating, changing lanes without looking going on all around me - he was oblivious.:rant:
-
Nice looking car. I like the black panasport wheel look with the silver rim. I have sumitomos on my yellow zetec seven currently. I have cycle wings but they definitely do not kick up much gravel compared to a stickier set of tires. They are good solid performers for touring - transmit what they are doing nice and early and very progressive when breaking away at the limit. Despite this I probably would not have them again - rubber compound is a little too hard for my liking on a seven.
-
Great pictures. Until you see a guy down next to the lake wall I had no idea how big that lake was. Brave guys - better them than me.
-
This takes bitch slapping to a whole new level....
-
Mine lasted all of 5 years before being replaced in early 2009. Consider yourselves lucky to get over 10 years life out of them. Have you checked the fuel and cooling hoses? These are prime candidates for cracks, splitting and failing... I replaced all my hoses at the same time as they all seemed to be in the same worn condition.
-
Hi Andy - good to hear that you and the seven escaped the Bronx. Which shop did you find for helping you out with this work?
