-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Sept 29, 2007 - AutoX ; Riverhead Raceway NYR SCCA
yellowss7 replied to Boxologist's topic in Northeast
Jon, I'm still trying to figure out how you hit that part of the wing with a cone? It looks like its the rearmost bottom edge of your left rear fender. Did you run over a cone and it hit it on the out? Or were your spinning? Tom Jon, BTW that's an easy fix with a little fiberglass and resin. Al's carbon is stronger but not as easy to repair or replace. After I ripped the right one off the second time. I paid $200 a wing for each new one. The new ones now have the lights one them with quick disconnects for the lights and are for the road only. Had them 3M clear coated as well to cut down on the stone chips. Tom -
you know when a light bulb goes off in your head...
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Jon, the wife just informed me that we have a black tie dinner on Saturday night, so I don't think I can make it Sunday. The weather looks to be great too. I had planned to tow the car up and stay over on friday and saturday and then tow home on Sunday. There's still time yet if the weather stays like this. Tom -
you know when a light bulb goes off in your head...
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Thanks Jon, that traqmate look is what I'm after. Looks like about $1100-$1200 for traqmate and trackvision. That's alot better than the $1800-$2800 of the Aim Da Vid system. Are you running this system? If so how do you tap into the coil/tach for the RPM data? Tom -
you know when a light bulb goes off in your head...
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
No, I don't. My initial goal was just to find software that allowed me to sync two video runs side by side so that I could see where I was faster or slower. Your added feature of extra data being included could be very helpful to see speed/ rpm or possibly braking data. Golf joke was a hit by the way.:thumbs: Tom -
you know when a light bulb goes off in your head...
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
After seeing Mazda's neat little clip, I started searching for Hardware/software to add the speed/rpm and other data to the video to better analyze my autox runs. I found that Stack does a nice one as does a company called DaVid. Unfortunately it appears that the Stack system uses the Stack dash for its source. the DaVid, system seems to offer good functionality, as well. Both systems take the Data an sync it directly on to your video. (or thats what I think they do). The DaVid system can take the info directly from your ECU or some additonal sensors. Downside it the Cost. The DaVid system is somewhere between $1800 and $2800. That's pretty steep for something I'd use about 10 times a year. Jon, the Traqmate you refer to seems to be software that can be purchased and used to sync up data from a data logger, and video. Have you seen any examples of what it looks like? And is it somewhat easy to do? Tom the Da Vid system I refered to; www.aimsports.com/products/david/index.html -
How would you like to be the first one to try that :crazy: I've done the one where they launch you straight up and That was nuts. Tom
-
you know when a light bulb goes off in your head...
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Yeah Mazda, that would be great to have for my autox runs to see where I'm lifting. Tell me its easy to do please. Tom -
Here are a few photos from the Solo Nationals, where our own Michael Dougherty is competing. enjoy. Tom http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1114565280_dmod3.jpghttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/834035_dmod.jpghttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/74383598_dmod4.jpghttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/258668094_Emod.jpghttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1100629079_emod 2.jpg
-
Mazda, as far as Hoosier slicks go, the rating system goes from R25 (softest) to R 75 (hardest). Obviously, the softer compound is better for autox with our lighter cars, but probably not so for track days. Compromise to R35?? Don't know how the weight of your car will affect the compound choice. Maybe you can buy a set of used slicks for the track days. I understand that you can pick up some good usable tires from race teams, at a reasonable price. Or you could look at the Hoosier R6-A6 Dot tires. R being track, A=autox Looking forward to seeing your beast run. Tom
-
What size is the engine are you planning on using? If you're using an engine larger than 1425 cc and turbo charging then I think you will be bumped into EMod. Tom
-
Going to be in the Philadelphia area.
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Will do. A lot of the Philly and DC region guys are at the Nationals this week, so I don't expect the registration to go up until later next week. I'll post the link when it goes up. Tom -
Going to be in the Philadelphia area.
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Registration is not open yet, but will be shortly. There should be plenty of room as we haven't hit our max preregistration yet this season. Although it should be a well attended event as those at the Nationals will have just returned. Michael D. is usually a participant at this venue as well. Should be a nice turnout. Hope for weather like today! Tom -
Going to be in the Philadelphia area.
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Oct. 13 at Ripken, in Aberdeen is a Philly region event. Tom -
Dave wrote: 175 lbs. I think my left leg alone weighs that much. :rofl: Tom
-
Dave, you're correct 1380 is the weight for those with hugh 2.0 motors, but you also need to add 40 lbs to that for the modified tub. Per section 18.1 .... "All series of Lotus 7, 7A, Super 7, and their clone or kit forms such as Birkin, Westfield, Locost, are automatically classified as modified tubs. This also applies to the Cobra and its clones." That pushes you up to 1420 as the minimum weight, so you only need to shave off 40 pounds. Get on one of your bikes and do some of those mountains!!! Just kidding! Your other option is to put an 1800cc motor in and your minimum goes down by 100 lbs. and you'll have to add weight. With my 1800 K series, my car comes in at 1164, so its a good thing I carry all this extra weight. Tom
-
Going to be in the Philadelphia area.
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Martin, Exton is pretty close by and there is an autox in Maryland on saturday the 13th. if your interested. Tom -
WCM in Bay City Michigan for sale on EBAY. Buy It Now $19,000
yellowss7 replied to tnttim's topic in Cars For Sale
Cool, then we'll expect to see you at the Oct. 28th autox in Warminster. :cheers: Tom -
This is a really nice Car! I test drove this car back in 1998-9 at MidAtlantic Caterham before I ordered mine. The 40th aniversary paint scheme is sharp. Lance has kept it in very nice condition. And as Al said, he won DMod at the last Philly region Autox. Hopefully it will stay in the Philly area, but it would be a great buy for someone looking for a Caterham. Tom
-
Yeah a day like today would be PERFECT! Tom
-
So when do you expect to take delivery? 3 philly region autox's left this year. Oct 13 at Ripken staduim, Oct 28 in Warminster, and Nov. 11 at Ripken. Hope you can make a couple of them. Tom
-
If you Ding a rim you can replace just the damaged piece. I have Three piece Magniesium Wheels, and I dinged just the outer rim, so I just bought that piece and it was a lot cheaper than replacing the whole wheel. They are cool though Tom
-
My favorite when asking a question about a noise or problem and the answer is TADTS = They All Do That Sir And a Passenger can also aptly be called Ballast.
-
Two cannibles are eating a clown. One cannible turns to the other cannible and says... Does this taste funny to you? :leaving:
-
WCM in Bay City Michigan for sale on EBAY. Buy It Now $19,000
yellowss7 replied to tnttim's topic in Cars For Sale
Al, I received an email from the Se7ens net. group.
