Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing that beast. You'll have to bring it out for one of the member days this year. Maybe we will see you Next year. Tom
  2. Attendee update. Right now we have 30 potential cars and drivers. Assuming everyone on the list gets their car ready and registers, that will be a record attendance. Still room for a few more if you can make it. Getting closer now. Get those cars ready!!! Tom 1. Tom G 2. Croc 3. Norm 4. Len C 5. George H 6. Tom C 7. Paul 8. Mike M 9. Blake 10.John B 11. Dan F 12. Graham 13. Seb 14. Jeff H 15. Fred M 16. Steve M (Do we get the Mallock or Caterham this year?) Caterham! 17. Jim A 18. Roman 19. Scott L 20. Dave H 21. Mike S 22. Jay 23. Simon W. 24. Chris S. 25. Shane Definitely! 26. Dave D. and Bev D. DRIVER!!!:driving::seeya: 27.Carl B (Michael Ds old car) 28. ART R. (EX Croc's SV) 29. DrewBrese (Maybe?) 30. Todd R.
  3. Now THAT was a hoot. We might have to visit the Texas Roadhouse Restaurant and borrow it for old times sake. :jester:
  4. Can we bring the Dunk Tank to Andreas for the awards Dinner? :jester:
  5. Updated potential attendee list. Closing in on 30 attendees, Where are you Dermot, Todd, Mario, Matt??? Any one else? We'd love to have you join us. Tom 1. Tom G 2. Croc 3. Norm 4. Len C 5. George H 6. Tom C 7. Paul 8. Mike M 9. Blake 10.John B 11. Dan F 12. Graham 13. Seb 14. Jeff H 15. Fred M 16. Steve M (Do we get the Mallock or Caterham this year?) Caterham! 17. Jim A 18. Roman 19. Scott L 20. Dave H 21. Mike S 22. Jay 23. Simon W. 24. Chris S. 25. Shane, Maybe, possibly, Tenatively, Hopefully, If, Might, Etc. 26. Dave D. and Bev D. DRIVER!!!:driving::seeya: 27.Carl B (Michael Ds old car) 28. ART R. (EX Croc's SV) 29. DrewBrese (Maybe?)
  6. Congrats on your new Cat. If its a 2001, you may want to check the expiration dates on your Harnesses. Some Tracks require in Date harnesses. Same for Helmet date. Arm restraints are often required as well. Do a complete Nut and bolt check. Things shake loose on these cars often. Roll bar height above your helmet can also be an issue, you can remove the bottom cushion and put some foam, etc to get you lower. Make sure your tires are good. Brake pedal feel on my two cars is firm and firmer. MYMV. Car should not leak. Positive battery post should have a cover or tape over it. Torque your wheel nuts. Tires should have around 18 psi cold to start IMO. Don't forget to put fuel in it and check it after a couple sessions, running out of fuel is frowned upon. Check your bearings for any sloppiness. Keep it on track and have FUN. Tom
  7. Shane, it's probably a show pony, probably wouldn't make one lap.. :leaving: :troll: Tom But show ponies are more than welcome to come join in the fun of course.
  8. Hi Mike, yes it was Orange. Yellow has been very solid for 18 years now. Orange is another story. Nothing is stock like Yellow, and everything is top of the line and complicated. As you have said before, you spend some time getting the car right after you buy them. I'm taking Orange to George Alderman to have it corner weighted and set up for me next week. I've never felt confident pushing it on track. Yellow sticks like it's on a rail. And George set up Yellow. Hopefully I'll be able to use a little more of all that power. Hope your solutions work. See you soon. Can't wait for our annual discussion. :cheers: Tom
  9. Great News Shane! :hurray::hurray: Looking forward to seeing you, the family and the Phoenix. Yesterday's trackday started off poorly, failed tech with no brake lights and out of date belts. DuH. Fixed the brake lights and begged for indulgence for the belts. Got on track and my water temp gauge started acting up. Neddle Bouncing around. Going to have to track the issue down this week. Maybe a grounding issue or loose wire? Would read 185-190ish then bounce down to 150 and back up, then down etc. DId go althe way to Zero a couple times too. Any thoughts? Tom
  10. Countdown continues, it's now just two months away from our event. I am scheduled to do a track day tomorrow, my first of the year, as it has finally warmed up. Should be a good shakedown day after a long off season. Got the car back yesterday from it's preseason prep. All set to go, other than ordering a new set of tires. Hope all of you are finishing up prepping your cars. You are really going to enjoy the first day on Thunderbolt. :driving: We are still waiting for NJMP to get there act together with their new on line sign up site. I hope to get a better sense of where they are tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully we will get another 2-3 attendees to join in and put us at 30 cars. Still time to jump on board. Tom Tom
  11. Hi Paul, I think I've used about 6 or so total. two on the leading edge Two on the trailing edge and two at the top. Space them out and see if the wing seems firmly attached and snugged up to the sideskin. I've ripped wings off now 3 different times, the same one twice on yellow and the carbon one on Orange. I've repaired the yellow wing twice and the carbon one once with no damage to the sideskins and they take a licken and keep on ticking. If you use one less or a couple more I don't think it would make much difference either way. Tom
  12. Hi Stewart! :seeya: Glad to hear you are doing well. We miss you at our event. For those of you who haven't seen this car, it is a beauty and Stewart is a good driver and kept it on the track, unlike some of our brethren. :toetap05: Stewart is also very mechanically gifted, so the car always ran well. It's a very nice car. IMO. Someone should jump on this one. Take care Stewart. Tom
  13. Best slam of the day. Croc must be tongtied after that one. :leaving:
  14. Definitely our Croc. And I thought he was busy at work and traveling to European track days. :cheers: Tom
  15. :iagree::iagree::iagree:
  16. The M5x25 nylon bolts are the right size for the existing rivnuts installed by Caterham.
  17. McMaster Carr has the nylon bolts and I believe some riv nut options. The nylon bolts definitely save your skin and rivnuts if you do hit a cone when Autoxing. Ask me how I know. :svengo: Tom
  18. On one of the plug ends is a strap/bar that you push down on to release the two parts.
  19. April 4th and still chilly here in the Northeast. But we are now officially just 3 months away from the event at NJMP. I'm hoping to get my car to the shop this week for it's preseason maintenance, and I heard from Scott L that his is in the shop now as well. Chris S. reported that his car just got it's registration completed and he's hoping for some nice weather to do his first shakedown runs. Croc sold his SV and we will continue to work on the new owner to bring it out in July. Hopefully the rest of you will get to work on your cars and have them ready. Tom C, what's the status on Steve's new Birkin??? Get R done!!! :smash::toetap05::toetap05: Tom
  20. You rang? (where is that Lurch emoji) Yes I have 10 inch wheels, as did Michael D. I have no clearance issues on the rear or front on my yellow car with the clams up front. I've tried to put them on the Orange car and rear fits fine even with the uprated rear calipers, but I can't fit them on the front due to the cycle wing stays. But I'm still working on it. I can't remember my backspacing but I thing it was either 4.5 or 5. Not home right now so I can't just go out the garage an measure.
  21. Well, It's officially Spring, but it's snowing again here in Philly. ( Home of the SuperBowl Champion EAGLES) We are just a little more than 3 months from our event. I'm still hopeful that we will get closer to 30 se7ens out for the event. Still haven't heard from a few guys that made it out before, Matt in his 620R, Dermot in the former Skipmobile SV, and super fast Todd, who I saw popped in online last night, so I know you guys are out there. Plus we should rope in one other NJMP member who jumped in last year as well. IceBerg, Stig, RCollum, come on out for a day or two. You can put those shiney cars on track for the Group Picture at least. :smash: Sorry for the call outs, I'm just bored waiting for the snow to get deep enough to shovel. Come on Global Warming.!!!! Tom
  22. Croc, you know that the 620R set up only has been done with Right hand Drive cars. Don't tease the guy. :smash:
  23. email sent Tom
  24. I've had both Avons and Yoko's on my Yellow caterham in those sizes. The Avons I had were the CR500's which are very light vs the R888's. very similar tread patters as well. Both are good on the track and street. Your tires, like mine will probably get hard before you wear either of them out. What's in your wallet? :jester: Tom
  25. What better way to shake it down, on track with the builder on site, and 20+ other seven owners on hand to ogle and cheer you on. Sounds like it's a plan made in heaven. Bring the check Steve. :jester:
×
×
  • Create New...