-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Brunton M-Spec #008 Another Stalker Here? YES!
yellowss7 replied to lmtdconv92's topic in Member Rides
I'd guess Boston area from his accent. :smilielol5: Mazda you must be working too hard. Get that BEC Caterham built and join us at NJMP. Sooner than later. That work thing is not all it's cracked up to be. Tom:seeya: PS Nice looking car ...92 Welcome to the insane asylum. You are going to love it. -
I have one in my SV. The first owner installed it and I think it's a 14 gallon one. I don't know the make off hand though. It takes up the whole boot though. So it sits up higher than the standard Caterham tank. Tom
-
Van, my Radiator openings are top on the intake side and bottom on the exhaust. The hose from the back of the head routes to the top of the radiator on the Drivers side, so it's the reverse of yours. Tom
-
That's a Vauxhall engine in the Green one. Tom
-
Well, How did you do? Any Video? Tom
-
Van, I ordered and received the Radtec Caterham 7 Extreme radiator from their site. It was almost a direct fit for my SV but the old fan did not fit so, I'd recommend ordering one with the Fan Kit installed to save some trouble. Tom
-
Nice photo shopping job in getting the sun shining in the background. :smilielol5:
-
Jim, no experience with ACB10's but when I ran the Hoosiers on my Yellow car, I ran the softest compound R25B and still felt that they held up well. I heat cycled them out vs wearing them down. Our cars are light so I don't think it is a big deal to go soft. IMO. Tom
-
Thanks guys. Once the head comes back and is reinstalled, I'll let you know how I made out. Tom
-
I have the ARP bolt and their site states 140-145 lb ft. I don't have a handbrake, so could use the brake pedal I guess. The Car has the Sadev sequential with Paddleshifters, so I have to power up to fill up the air tank then the paddles will work. Guess I just have to make sure I don't hit the start button. :svengo: I'd prefer not to have to pull the starter off, if there is a tool that I could use. I've seen this on the Demon Tweeks site. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/tools-workshop/locking-setting-tools/sealey-crank-pulley-holding-tool-ford-1-8-2-0-2-3-16v-duratec-chain-drive-vse5847 Would that work?
-
Guys, I'm having some work done on my Orange car, and wondering if any of you have any suggestions for a tool or method to tighten the Crank pulley bolt with the engine in the car connected to the gearbox? The head is off and hopefully it comes back from the machine shop this week. This is a Cosworth Engine with the Keyed Crank. I've read some old California CC posts but the links don't seem to work any longer. Any suggestions appreciated. Tom
-
I have the Magnesium Caterham R500 Wheels on my 2000 Superlight, and the recommended Torque was 55 lb ft. Don't know if that is the same for your wheels though. I've never had any issues at that torque, and I autoxed and Track my car a lot. :driving: Tom
-
Hi Mike, The Porsche and BMW clubs run as many as 60 cars on track in the same group. Our NJMP drivers club usually runs between 10-18 cars with 30 being a really busy weekend. Last year I think we had 19 cars on track one day and If you recall, we never had any trains as every 7 was quick thru the turns and courteous with the point byes. I think we could easily handle 25 or so with no issue and still have large sections of open track. Since it's not a race, and we are all friends out there, I don't see any issues with a few extra cars. Can you imagine 60 Porsche drivers on track together??? :banghead:
-
Our potential attendee list continues to grow. Looks possible that this will be the largest group yet. Still looking for a Stalker and Westfield to make a showing as the Birkin boys are making a big push this year. Steve,S, is your Birkin finished and ready for it's Debut? Come on Stig, your shiny Caterham needs to stretch it's legs, I'm sure there are a few more sevens in the Northeast or Mid Atlantic area that are lurking out there. Where else do you get to see and hang out with this many Sevens??? Even if you don't track it, it's still a great place to hang out and meet your fellow Seveners. Only requirement is that you are a fun guy. NO Debbie Downers allowed. :smilielol5: Tom 1) Croc, Caterham 2) Yellowss7, Caterham 3) Kitcat, Caterham 4) Michael D, Caterham 5) Dave D, Superformance S1 6) FE07, Caterham 7) JBH, Caterham 8) Simon 450, Caterham 9) RGTorque, WCM Ultralight 10)Wemdt, Birkin 11)TBox 56, Birkin 12)Fmorser, Locost 13)Sk400, Caterham 14)Birkin Dave & son., Birkin 15) George H., Birkin 16) Scott L., Caterham 17) Norm B., Caterham 18 d15b7, Caterham/lotus 19) BBall7754, Something shiny. Spectating only: 1) Blokko 2)Dan3030
-
Todd, we haven't set up the Motorsportreg.com private sign up yet. I think the email I had for you kept bouncing back last year. Either keep watching for our NJMP HPDE event notice or PM me your email address and Mike and I will send you the link to register once we finalize it. Hope you can join us and teach us some of your lines and braking points. Or just help us grow some balls. :rofl: Tom
-
Hi Todd, You should come out and play with us at NJMP on the July 4th weekend. It's not racing. Just a bunch of 7s having fun. Hope you can join us. Tom
-
Caterhams are notorious for electrical issues that are ground related. Glad you found the issue, Enjoy the car! Tom
-
No damage to the pistons or valves. Spark plugs seem ok as well. My mechanic says I'm not driving hard enough to melt anything. :jester: I'll have him check out the fueling possibility. Tom
-
Thanks Sean. Never considered that. I'll add that to the list of things to check on once the head is back on. Tom
-
Yeah, Jim its been a head scratcher. I replaced the water pump, there was no evidence of cavitation, and I do have the larger water pump pulley to slow down the pump at higher revs. My mechanic sees to think that it is a detonation issue at the higher RPMs only as that's only when I've seen the bubbles in the coolant. So after we button it back up, I will try to get it on a dyno to check it out and remap it. Fingers crossed. Any other suggestions welcomed. Tom
-
Jim, I switched to Evans right after I bought it and had the issue. I've been using it ever since. Absolutely no pressure during normal operations, i.e., under 5000 rpm for me. My pressure problems only arise above 5500rpm. Good stuff, but expensive. You can reuse it over and over though, so as long as it's not puking out like mine was, it's not too bad. It has a really high boiling point so it is does a good job of preventing the coolant flashing to steam at hot spots.
-
Hopefully you will hold on to the bourbon and keep it away from me until I get the car sorted. Hopefully I'll still have a few bucks left to pay you for it. :jester:
-
I've been chasing a coolant pressurization issue since I bought the car. Last season I replaced every part of the coolant system, Radiator, belt tensioner, thermostat, water pump, rerouted hoses, installed one way valves and moved the expansion tank and added a secondary overflow tank. Car ran steady 190-195F on track and at idle. Still puked when revs exceeded 6000 RPMs. Exhaust gas tests all negative. I had the head pulled yesterday and first impression is that it was detonating at the higher rpms. Head is at the machine shop now getting checked out. Head gasket showed some signs of not sealing completely/lifting? Now I have to find someone to retune the MBE Ecu on the dyno. Bruce???:seeya: Tom
-
Van, I sent you a PM I could use some tips on the assembly. thanks Tom
-
Thanks, Keep the updates coming. Mines a 2.3L with 13:1 CR Tom
