Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. So it's been 10 days since you got your Caterham. Does your face still hurt from smiling? Think about coming out to one of our 7s at NJMP trackdays even if you don't want to track it. You'll enjoy seeing all the sevens together and might even enjoy the company. Tom
  2. I had the same Idea about a caterham and a 1937 Jag ss100 for a comparison. Tom
  3. Just for fun, I tried out the Harry's Lap Timer app. for $29 bucks it allows you to use your Iphone to record lap times, Speed, and track location. If you add a roughly $100 Bluetooth GPS, you get a much more accurate reading as it ups the refresh rate from 1 to 5 hz. If you have an OBDll port you can add a Bluetooth OBDll sensor and add RPM, and some other onboard data. Neat thing is that you can then send the info to yourself and then using Race Render, a video editor, also about $25 bucks, and then add that data to a video file, and you can then make a video of your laps with the data added to the file, showing a speedo and Tach, with your lap speed, etc. Works pretty well. IMO. You could do the whole thing on the iphone including the video overlay, but it sucks up battery life big time. Tom
  4. Al, you still didn't answer her question. You'd think that as the President of this site you'd be more than eager to join the party and meet up with a bunch of 7 enthusiasts almost in your own backyard. What gives? Are you going to bring her around for us to see? :rant: Tom
  5. Martin, respectfully I would say save your money. Caterhams are so light and handle so well, that you will barely use your brakes compared to the heavier corvettes, mustangs, GTR's and Porkers. I doubt you'll ever get brake fade with standard brakes as we just don't use them as much. I have done over 50 trackdays and autoxed for 8 years and believe it or not I am still on my original pads and rotors. :ack: I 'might" change the pads at the end of the season, but I doubt it. If your fluid is fresh and you have a good pedal, I'd check to make sure you have enough pad left and hit the track. Use the money for some fresh rubber and gas. :cooldude: Tom
  6. toggle the switch a bunch of times. I think it cleans off the contacts that way. Worked on mine once a few years back. Tom
  7. Nice work Michael :cheers:. Very artsy! Can't wait for the next gathering of the se7ens. Who was that one seven that had trouble keeping it on the blacktop. :leaving: Tom
  8. Mike, I don't know what they are from, but not too badly priced other than the hit you'll take for shipping from the UK. http://www.caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=8
  9. Boy, if it's not a caterham, then they sure used a lot of caterham parts. the Dash, nose cone, Wings, rear lights, and engine sure look like standard caterham fare. Very nicely done if it's a knock off. Tom
  10. Yeah, I suspect I will be all tuckered out from all that relaxation too. :rofl: I'll have to wait and see if my BAC is below the legal limit before I can sign up. :smilielol5: Tom
  11. Steve, while watching the video, I focused on the temp gauge, and although the ticking noise was present while idling thru the paddock, I noticed that the temp did seem to rise while you were driving. I note that as mine usually drops a bit off the 80 mark with the additional high airflow at speed. (assuming I am right that the center guage is the temp gauge) Tom
  12. I stopped by the track to say Hello to Karl this afternoon. He was running really well. I watched him just embarrass a 2010 GT3. Starting out together, after 4 laps Karl had opened up a gap of over 20 seconds. Poor guy never could figure out why he couldn't catch Karl.:jester::jester: Tom
  13. Put it on your calendar for next June and come on up and join us. I'm sure that we can convince Glen to do a video of us if he's not racing carts. Tom
  14. Where is your fancy Painted helmet? What did you do, buy a new Carbon Fiber one as your head got too big? :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: Welcome back. Tom
  15. Our track days begin in late March, early April and end Mid November. I have arrived at the track and the temps are in the low 30s F, at that time. On those days, I can do the whole session and my tire temps don't get even get warm to the touch. Maybe I'm over tired. :jester: Heat doesn't build up too badly, last time out with temps in the 90s my tire temps were about 118 -120 F. Slightly higher on the left rear as there are a lot of right hand turns. around 130 ish on the left rear. Would the R35B's heat up slower? or is it just a harder compound that wears longer? tom
  16. Oh I guess I should have added the price. approx. $12,000 dollars!!!!:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:
  17. Karl, and Mike, here is your next carbon upgrade. Who's going to have them first. :jester:
  18. So was the Head Gasket the issue or not? Boy those valves look huge! Tom
  19. I have the 3.62 diff as well, but I have the Caterham 6 speed which is 1:1 in 6th so no overdrive. Up here the R25b's grip well during my 20 minute sessions, even in the kind of heat we are having today.
  20. Up until this year I use to run the 43185 tires which have a circumference of 64.7 inches I believe. I switched to the 43310's which have a 71 inch circumference and gained a few MPH in each gear. This circumference is closer to the original set up of 13 inch rims with the Avon CR500's. On the tracks that I run at in NJ, the gearing with the new size seems to allow me to hold a lower gear just long enough to make it between turns where as before I had to hold off or shift and lose the revs going into the turn. I've been using the R25b's here. Tom
  21. Yes, Mike, I am running 13x10 inch wheels on all four corners. The wheels where made by Kodiak. http://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/ Three piece rims, very light. Been thinking of getting another set. Tom
  22. Will somebody please sell Glen a Caterham. He's been driving that big, fat, heavy lotus for so long that he's forgotten what a lightweight sports car really handles like. Come on in Glen, you know you are a 7 guy at heart. :seeya: Tom
  23. Ah come on Mike, Not only do the clams look sexy/retro/cool, they do allow you to run really big rubber up front and My Hoosier R25B last me about 40 to 50 heat cycles. Plus each lap you do with the clams goes towards your Pilot license since you get plenty of air time. :jester::jester: Tom
  24. This one was for sale in your neighborhood. Don't know if it still is, but I saw it at LOG in Birmingham a few years ago and it was a really well cared for one. Hi Mike:seeya: http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7467 Tom
  25. Yeah, you only have 114 hp more than me. :rofl: Croc only has me by a mere 80hp. I'm surprised you guys don't lap me every other lap. :seeya: Tom
×
×
  • Create New...