Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. I think Kitcat was quoting Hp at the rear wheel, vs you quoting at the flywheel. Tom
  2. What a troll. :smash:
  3. Yes, Caterham does sell them. You just need to specify whether your car is a dedion or a live axle as they are different. There are four bolts on top that hold standard rollbar on. You will need to undo the shocks as On the FIA bar there is a bolt that goes up into the rollbar from unnderneath. It is a reduced head bolt and you need to becarful installing and removing so as not to round it off. 30 to 60 minute job, less if you are a good wrench. Tom
  4. I heard from two more potentials and have moved them into the Maybe list. Sounds like they will try to run and or spectate if they can resolve their issues. Hopefully after the May guest driver dates that Croc offered we will be able to add a few more. :hurray: DRIVING 1) Croc Registered 2) Yellowss7 Registered 3) Bluebarisax Registered 4) Kitcat Registered 5) JBH :willy_nilly: Assuming repairs are completed. 6) bball7754 Registered 7) Sabbot Registered 8) Redgoose Registered 9) Michael D (sunday?) 10) Dave D. Registered 11) Doug P. (Saturday)Registered SPECTATING 1) CrewsT 2) S1Steve 3) Al Navarro? Maybes 1) EvilRome0 2) Scott L 3 Len C. Other Possibles??? 1) Pe7e 2) Paul 3) The Stig 4) Klasic69?? 5) Jvbtte 6) Boxologist 7) Dave H. (Birkin) __________________
  5. John, I don't know about the fast guys, but the wheels used by the Caterhams at NJMP range from the Stock Caterham 8 spoke, to Rial's, Kodiak's and BBS. All pricey! all light.
  6. I believe, 75mm is about the minium clearance at the sump that you should go on the street. Even then, you'll have to watch for squirrels as you may High Center on them if you hit them with the sump.:jester: The R888's are stickier, but stones get thrown up with any tire IMO. The clearance issue that I dreaded was a steep driveway entrance, either entrance or exit. I find you have to either plan your route or be very conscious of conditions. Tom
  7. Karl, the heck with keeping up with Croc, I think you can smoke him. :devil: Yesterday was a good one, Karl and I had a good time smacking around Porsches, and Corvettes all day, GT3's and ZR1's included. Felt real good. I think Karl has found the loud pedal and has gotten comfortable with turns 2,3,4 and the bowl. Once he gets locked in on turn 5, Croc will be toast. :driving: Steve, If the STIG chickens out, I'll keep you and the crossflow company. :seeya: Tom
  8. Hopefully a few more to come. Tom
  9. I have too and it's a beauty. I know Steve has maintained it well and drives it often, so it's nicely sorted out. Steve, I hope you are buying a new Caterham SV, You better not be buying some old German piece of crap. :jester: :cheers: Tom
  10. Had a great day on track today, and I'm happy to report that the new taller sized Hoosier slicks made a significant difference in my top speed and speed in each gear. I had been using 20x9x13 hoosiers with a circumference of 64 inches. The sets I ordered this year had the same width, but were 22.5 x10 x 13 and have a circumference of 71 inches which is closer to the original CR500 tires that orignally came with the car. I did not notice any loss of accelration as I could stay with GT3s, and Z06's up to 100mph no problem. And with the taller profile I certainly had more speed in each gear. Only thing I have to do now is lower the ride height an inch or so as the car now sit up higher. The 10 inch wide slicks are really too much tire for the car as I don't get anywhere near the hear into them compared to Blubarisax on narrower slicks. Fresh Rubber. My new mantra. Tom
  11. I'm in Pennsylvania. While I do have standard sized rims with Toyo R888's on them that I use on the street and occasionally on the track, the Slicks are mounted on 10 inch wide Kodiak 3 piece rims on all four corners, a holdover from my autoxing days. While that is probably way over kill, it is very neutral in handling. No push, no oversteer. I know some like to be able to drift their cars a bit. I have 195 hp at the flywheel. Prior to this year, I ran, 20 x9 x13 Hoosiers that had a circumference of approx 64 inches. This year I bought 22.5 x10 x 13 hooiers that have a 71 inch circumference and obviously a taller sidewall. I was running out of revs in some corners that I hope the taller profile tire will resovle the problem. I am doing a trackday on Sunday so I'll let you know if the taller profile is a better match for our gearing. As for bia ply slicks, they are very progressive compared to Radials, They tend to be more predictable in their feel vs radials that just let go. In my experience, all tires need to have some heat in them before they work, as evidenced by the number of knuckleheads that bend their cars on the first lap or two of the day or session. The R25 compound is very soft and sticky, but I still take it easy for a few laps. I do trackdays, not races. I have the Caterham 6speed with a 3.62 rear. Mine is a 2000 superlight that I assembled, and I can't ever imagine selling it. Tom
  12. Dave, here's a post from the Blatchat (the UK Lotus/caterham site)archives. Worth reading. http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=220071
  13. Dave, I don't know about the T9 but Redline MTL works great in my Caterham 6 speed box. Tom
  14. I've been using 13 inch Hoosiers bias ply slicks in the softest R25B compound. They stick great, and because our cars are so light, they wear well. Tom
  15. You just have to look at the disfunction of FEMA and National Flood insurance in NJ after hurricane Sandy. Fema is worthless, National Flood insurance a joke. The Army Corp of Engineers is tied up in Paperwork by the EPA. If I would have waited for Federal help, my place would still be uninhabitable. There was no Federal response IMO to the hurricane other than Obozo's photo op with Gov. Fatso . Rebuiding the dunes and Beaches looks like it may take 2 to 3 years Maybe longer due to political bullcrap at the Federal Level. The local city is trucking in sand to rebuild the beaches and dunes and we as local taxpayers will foot the bill. The local homeowners are responsible for rebuildiing their own properties. AS IT Should be. Money to the fed for almost anything other than National defense is just pissing it away to pork issues. IMHO :smash:
  16. Yeah, I think I would have been in the bar, keeping warm. Croc's nuts though so it probably didn't bother him much at all. :blueangel:
  17. Dave, I have a spare set of chrome mirrors that you can try out if you want. Tom
  18. I used the clear lens one on the right. It does light up red when you hit the brake pedal. http://www.etrailer.com/comparison.aspx?pc=STL80RB&pc2=STL89RCB Tom
  19. It may be pop rivieted in. You might need to drill them out. The nut plate makes the removal and reinstallation a breeze. I can switch between full screen and brooklands in a few minutes. I left the covers off BTW Tom
  20. As for the build process, it's a great way to learn about your car. I assembled mine in 2000. It took a total of 80 hours to get it up and running. Hardest part for me was sorting thru the bag of bolts, washers and nuts, marked MISCELLENEOUS! It was just like putting a model together as a kid, just follow the instructions. That's the nice thing about the Caterham kit. You don't have to go sourcing parts for the assembly. Lifting the engine an gearbox into place took all of 10 minutes max. I would still have a mechanic check it over once you finish it though. Still it's much cheaper to buy a used one, you just don't know about the build quality. I'd buy the one from Kitcat. He always fixes them before he sells them. :leaving::seeya: Tom
  21. Have you ever tried to get into a seven with the top up? Are you a former gymnast?:smilielol5: That alone might be a deal breaker for an everyday car. Blubarixax is a few inches taller and has a lowerd floor and tall roll cage in his Caterham SV and fits fine. So it is doable. But if you have a taller rollbar built it may not fit with the top up. You must be Hardcore. tom
  22. Dave, just remember that you will need either a center mirror or side mirrors to see behind you, unless you will be the fastest out there and therefore no need to look back.:jester: When I took my windscreen off I rigged up a mounting for a couple of cheap ebay sourced motorcyle mirrors, http://www.ebay.com/itm/370119433866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 (around $20.) I think I posted the results on here once before. Or you could mount a center mirror, but just try it out as with the low seating postition, you may want to have it mounted up higher than usual to improve vision around it. Tom
  23. OK, Here is the current list. (Trackdaze has 26 total registered for this event, no breakdown of run group totals yet) DRIVING 1) Croc Registered 2) Yellowss7 Registered 3) Bluebarisax Registered 4) Kitcat Registered 5) JBH :willy_nilly: Assuming repairs are completed. 6) bball7754 Registered 7) Sabbot Registered 8) Redgoose Registered 9) Michael D (sunday?) 10) Dave D. Registered SPECTATING 1) CrewsT 2) S1Steve 3) Al Navarro? Maybes 1) EvilRome0 Other Possibles??? 1) Pe7e 2) Paul 3) The Stig 4) Klasic69?? 5) Jvbtte 6) Len C 7) Doug P 8) Boxologist 9)Scott L 10) Dave (Birkin) __________________ 2000 Caterham Superlight #123 1.8L VHPD Rover K Series
  24. Just don't follow him when he does his "gardening" Croc still thinks that CSR stands for "Crop Sowing Racecar":smilielol5::smilielol5: Just say the word and I'll add you to the Driving list!!!!:driving: Tom
  25. Hi Dave. Looks like your in good position height wise. I have some nice firm foam that you can try out, one thick for the back and one thin for the butt. Without too much trouble we could fab up a custom bead seat for your back and bottom. I have the beads, all we need is some two part epoxy and a couple space saver bags. Let me know if you want to try that out. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...