Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Way ahead of you Karl. Croc will still be out of town. I have already put my name on the list and hopefully will get to take it for a couple of Laps. I figure having a Caterham will give me a little extra shot. Who knows, I could always find a little more room in the garage since my oldest got married and moved out on New Years eve. :cooldude: Do you think the wife will buy that it's safer?:ack: Tom
  2. Attending/confirmed as of May 31st. Yellowss7 Tom G. Caterham Superlight Croc Mike J. Caterham CSR Blubarisax Karl J. (fingers crossed) Caterham SV R 400++++ Kitcat Mike M. Caterham High spec racer/or birkin :jester: Redgoose Ron Caterham R500 Jim (Not on this site, SV Caterham Roadsport) BBall7754 Steve Caterham xflow Ottocycle Dermot Fisher Fury Bike engine. Sabbot Stuart Caterham xflow Others expressing interest??? But not yet registered: Michael D Michael RacerLRP Robert Jvbtte Jack Stig Scott Lentz Anyone else???? May attend but not track Photo/video, Pit Humor S1Steve Steve Superformance S1 Crewst Tim Superformance S1 Dave D Superformance S1 Len Clark, Caterham SV (not on this site) Boxologist, Jon Caterham SV ( if the sun, the moon and the stars align) OK guys, we are just about 4 weeks away from this event. A couple more signups and we will be at 10 or so cars on track and 3 or more in the paddock. The Stig, Jvbtte, Scott, Michael D., RacerLRP Step on up and join the fun. Karl and Mike have gone to great lenghts to make sure they attend. Heck, Steve and Mike are driving in from St. Louis and Cincy to join in. And who knows, even Al and Mazda could drop in. :party: The more the merrier. Tom
  3. Congrats Mike!:hurray: Can't wait to see it at NJMP in a few weeks. Tom
  4. :flag::flag::flag: :iagree: Tom
  5. I thought that Ammo had hung up his tools and was no longer building engines.???? Tom
  6. Mike, just work in a few more billable hours, and negotiate a multiple day rate for the Caterham. Just think of the money you'll save on gas by not towing.:iagree: Tom
  7. James, off topic, but where did he get that roll cage? Looks like a pretty robust one. Tom
  8. Mike, I believe, Entropy racing, which I think Karl used for his rental, have a SCCA spec Caterham in their inventory for rent. http://www.entropyracing.net/rentals A big Plus is that it's Yellow with Clams Too! Tom
  9. Congrats on the new addition Doug. Maybe you can bring it down to NJMP in June and join us. I think Redgoose and Blubarisax are from around your neck of the woods. Tom
  10. Attending/confirmed as of May 21st. Yellowss7 Tom G. Caterham Superlight Croc Mike J. Caterham CSR Blubarisax Karl J. (fingers crossed) Caterham SV R 400++++ Kitcat Mike M. Birkin Redgoose Ron Caterham R500 Jim (Not on this site, SV Caterham Roadsport) BBall7754 Steve Caterham xflow Ottocycle Dermot Fisher Fury Bike engine. Others expressing interest??? But not yet registered: Sabbot Stuart Michael D Michael RacerLRP Robert Jvbtte Jack Stig Scott Lentz Anyone else???? May attend but not track Photo/video, Pit Humor S1Steve Steve Superformance S1 Crewst Tim Superformance S1 Dave D Superformance S1 Len Clark, Caterham SV (not on this site) __________________ 8 registered so far, 3 or 4 more possible in the paddock, and still at least 6 additional participants listed, 3 of who ran last year. Hope you all can make it. 10+ on track will give us a strong presence on track and lots of video opportunities. I know that Croc alone has 2 or more cameras mounted. Alot of Sevens on the track is an impressive sight and a alot of fun.
  11. Karl, I was hoping that your new pictures would have been of you new chassis being uncrated. Hope they already started tearing your old one apart so that they just have to reassemble the parts on to the new one. Good luck! Tom
  12. Welcome to the madness! A modern Caterham is very road compliant. I feel it definately rides nicer than my 911. The higher profile tires give it a much nicer ride than the low profile ones You get all the benefits of the classic look, without the lucas electrics. Definately find a couple to ride/drive. Tom
  13. It was recommended that I should replace my 12 year old 6 point harnesses, as it could be a tech fail issue. So I orderded a nice Willans set made specifically for the Caterham and figured it would be a nice simple job. WRONG! I started on the passenger side, figuring that I have a trackday on Monday and didn't want to run into any issues. I started with the lap belts and got the first bolt out without too much trouble, replaced that side and the had the next bolt almost out when it wedged in tightly to the seat runner and after several attempts no joy. I Decided I'd just take out the whole seat assembly. Four bolts no big deal. Wrong again. No captive nuts or bolts, Arms not long enough to hold the bolt down while loosening the nut under the car. :deadhorse: Got it out and recalled during my assembly process 12 years ago, that it was a real pain installing them. Duh. Finally got the bolts undone and seat assembly comes out, belts go in Simple! Wrong again, now can't hold bolts down when reassembling. Call a neighbor over and finish the job in 3 minutes. Other side goes alot better, Just needed an extra set of hands to get er done. :dupe: I think I spent almost as much time trying to get the submarine straps adjusted properly. :svengo: Well, job's done, and I'm beat. Much more fun to drive than to wrench. Sorry, just had to vent. Tom
  14. Wow, I didn't know there were any 21's in the US. RoverK series VVC motor. A kindred spirit to my Rover K Series VHPD. :cooldude: Tom
  15. So let's recap. Attending/confirmed; Yellowss7 Tom G. Croc Mike J. Blubarisax Karl J. (fingers crossed) Kitcat Mike M. Redgoose Ron Jim Not on this site Others expressing interest??? But not yet registered: Sabbot Stuart BBall7754 Steve Ottocycle Dermot Michael D Michael RacerLRP Robert JBVette Jack Stig May attend but not track S1Steve Steve Superformance S1 Crewst Tim Superformance S1 Dave D Superformance S1 Len Clark, SV (not on this site)
  16. I just talked to an SV owner out near State College Pa, that is registering and booking a Suite at the track too. Come on out Steve, Join the group. Tom
  17. Mike, Check out Raceline's UK site. http://www.raceline.co.uk/products/part_section.asp?SectionID=23&CategoryID=1 http://www.raceline.co.uk/images/transp.gif845 pounds sterling, plus vat and shipping. Tom http://www.raceline.co.uk/images/transp.gif
  18. Randy, did you make sure to apply preload to the bearing? You can search the BlatChat archives for this issue. I used a spring to add the tension to the clutch arm. Tom
  19. Sorry, Terry, you asked where the grounds were. I understand that there is a ground using the wiper motor mount. Tom
  20. Wiper motor and on the block to the frame rail on right hand side.
  21. Nah, that's just the first volume of the current tax code. :jester:
  22. Mike, sell the Birkin and buy a Caterham.:leaving::seeya: I'm picking mine up tomorrow for a trackday on Lightning on Sunday. Tom
  23. I just registered for the two days as well.:party: I asked Ian to give me a heads up on the availabilty in the Intermidate run group. I know that last year, it filled up pretty quickly. So, to recap, the following are confirmed: Croc, Mike J. Kitcat, Mike M. Yellowss7, Tom G. Blubarisax, Karl J. Anyone else???
  24. Hi Dave, I was going to revive this thread, in a week or so. I think that if we start to register in the next week or so we should be good. I'll give Ian at SCDA a ring and check in on the current signup rate for the intermediate run group. As for places to stay, the track has 20 Suites at Thunderbolt that work great. You can reserve one on line on the NJMP website. That's where a bunch of us stayed last time. There is also a new Fairfield in in Vineland that is also close to the track. I forget where Karl has stayed in the past. Karl? Tom
  25. You must have the only 68 Spit in existance that hasn't rusted out. :jester: My first car was a 68 mklll. Great little car, Bought it in 73 and drove it for 5 years before the frame rusted through. Just be careful with the Swing Axles. They were also a weak link. Ah the memories. :driving: Good luck with your project. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...