-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Fixed that for you Mike. :jester: Mike must think that since he has the motor from a ford ranger truck that his new CSR is an off road vehicle. He's probably out there in the garage right now hosing it off. It's pretty dusty right now. :smilielol5: Tom
-
Ok, here are a few pictures from this afternoon. Note that Karl has a matching color butterfly attached to his 7 grill, How cute.
-
Well, we all got here safely. Had a few beers after Karl finished running with the Porsche club this afternoon. Dinner at the club house was fairly civil. Croc must be pretty tired as he is a bit off his game. I think he might be a Poser with that pretty new CSR. It's just a shame that he doesn't have the nice carbon cosworth cam cover that Karl has on his. It would have looked nice.:nopity: Kitcat, trailered in with his new VW TDI and new trailer from Cincy. He wins the longest tow award at over 11 hours. Scott drove his up from Maryland. in a convoy with Michael D. and Ottocycle, (Dermott). Stewart rolled in in time to join us for dinner. And Jack, (JbVette) is here as well even though his 7 is not due to a mis fitting clutch plate. We start off with registration and tech, tomorrow morning at 7am. We should get plenty of video, as Croc, Mike D. Me and Carl all have cameras mounted on our roll bars. Plus we have two hand held video cams that we will have taking track side shots as well. S1 Steve, is going to join us in the morning for the day. So it's going to be a fun day. I'm sure will try to post pictures a little later or tomorrow after the session. Stay tuned. Tom
-
Karl, I just finished packing the Truck, I'm going to go get my trailer, bring it home and load up the Caterham and I should be on the road by 1pm. See you around 2:30pm Beer is on Ice for when you finish the last session. I think Croc is planning on getting there around 3pm too. The Party is going to be in full swing in a few hours.:party: Any one else coming out? Steve? Box? I'm sure we will post some photo's tonight. Stay tuned! Tom
-
I thought you'd like it. I think it's better suited to our cars than Lightning. See you tomorrow around 2:30 or 3pm. Tom
-
Excellent News Mike! :hurray: I too have started to load the truck up. I still have to pick up the trailer and load the car tomorrow morning. Other than gassing up the pickup and buying ice for the cooler, I'm all set. I plan on getting there early enough to watch Karl for a session. I haven't made reservations for dinner yet. I'll hold off until we get everyone together and call before we go over. Boy are my new slicks nice and sticky:cooldude::jester: can't wait! See you tomorrow. Drive safely! Tom
-
I just sent an email to guest services at the track about the use of a garage at the suites for a couple of nights. I'll let you know what they say. On member days, they let us use them at no charge, but I don't know about non member days. We'll see. Tom
-
Stewart, I don't know if they are or are not. I know that there are only about 20 rooms total. I'll call in the morning and see if there are any available. Check on here tomorrow morning or you can call yourself if you like. Tom
-
Stewart, If you are trailering, you can drop your trailer in the paddock at the track after 4 or 5 pm. If you want me to check if there are any suites still available, let me know. tom
-
Mazda, I have a Momo wheel, that was undrilled and was mated to a quick release column, that was drilled. My screws are mounted at 1 3/4 inch apart from each other. There are 3 of them evenly spaced. Hope that helps. I remember the bush in the front of the dash, as a white one with 2 little tabs on it. I can't recall installing the rear most bush. I think it may have been premounted at the factory. I could be wrong in my recollection though, that was 10 or 11 years ago. Tom
-
Track Day at Silverstone Formula 1 Grand Prix Circuit - 2011
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Looking good Mike. Just make sure your red mist problem doesn't come back with you. I promise I'll point you by... Just watch for the middle finger. :jester: See you Sunday. Tom -
Mike, as someone who totalled a Durango (wife's) while early in my towing career, be careful. I do use the lower a arms up front to tie down. I use small padded tow straps with d rings on them that I attach the tie downs to. I don't cross them. As for tongue weight, I belive that is very important to getting a good safe pull. Too far back and you can get it swaying (like mine did which resulted in my accident.) I find in my 18 ft trailer, the front wheels are about 4 feet or so from the front of the trailer. It was an experiment to get the right feel. Did you get the anti sway control bar installed? Something like this http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Reese/RP66155. Just take it slow, until you feel comfortable and then don't get cocky and think you can drive it like your M3. Just my two cents. I'm sure some other well practiced towers will chime in too. Tom
-
Michael, I plan to get there around 3 or 4pm. I might get there in time to catch Karl do a few laps with the Porsche club that he's running with on Sunday. If I don't see you first, give a call when you get there so we can meet up. Your room is in my name for now, I'll see if I can get it straightend out when I get there, but if they don't have it in your name, it will be in mine. Tom
-
Good point Karl, I just changed mine to 17. :jester: Tom
-
Ok guys, it's hard to believe that we've been talking about this event for almost six weeks and now it's less than a week away. I just spoke with the guest services at the track and we have four suites confirmed for Michael D. Mike M. and Mike J. and myself. They put all four rooms in My name and unless I can get them to change them at the gate, use my name and tell them you have a reservation in the suites. I plan to get there around 4pm and hopefully can make sure that they are squared away. Check in is no earlier than 4pm and you can also drop your trailer at the paddock. So Karl, and anyone else that is not staying at the suites, you can drop your trailers and not worry about them. They have also told me that we CAN grill out in the paddock area. ( I am still somewhat dubious about that) But as Dermot suggested, that might be a great plan for Monday night since the suites are at TBolt and we will be right there. In talking with Kitcat, he's driving in from Cincy, and should arrive sometime around 6pm or so. Those of us who get there before then can sit around and have a cold one, while we wait for Mike. Like I suggested before, we could do the Texas Roadhouse for dinner Sunday night if you like. Let me know and I'll try to get reservations for say around 7:30??? SCDA does not provide breakfast or lunch. We can either get something at WAWA, go to the concession stands, or the Track can deliver box lunches. If we get box lunches, I'll have to let them know ahead of time and it is probably the most expensive option. She told me that they did a cheesesteak box lunch, with chips, a cookie and a drink at around $18 a head. We can get WAWA hoagies a lot cheaper IMO, or just go to the concession stands. If you have room in your trailers, bring a couple of folding chairs, cooler, and if you have a small grill bring that too. If we want to grill, we can hit the super market after the day on the track on Monday. Gas is usually available at the track, They have 93 at Lightning, and 100 and 110 at TBolt, Usually the pumps close by 4pm, 100 is $8.50 a gallon, There are several gas stations several miles from the track that have 93 at around the $3.65 range. So you have choices. My cell # is 610-715-5687. Give me a call when you get in. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Tom
-
Same issue, here. The link keeps dumping me into my own YouTube account. Tom
-
Bring your Helmet Steve or wear your skirt, your choice. :rofl: Tom
-
Yeah Croc, you're probably right. Box wouldn't understand the concept of turn in and apex cones. He'd probably just aim for them like he usually does. :seeya: And Jack probably knows that Yellow Caterhams are just plain too slow for the track.:bs: either that or his wife won't let him come out and play. :rofl: As for a weekday being an issue, I don't understand why that would be a problem. Who wouldn't rather be at a gathering of sevens than at work? Tom
-
At least he is not looking in the rear view mirror at himself all the time like you! :jester: "Ouote Croc " Why do you think I got a mirrored shield. I didn't want anyone to see the panic in my eyes while I'm driving.:jester::jester: 11 days to go. I am soooo looking forward to this gathering. The smack talk will be at a fever pitch in a few more days.:lurk: We need to find one more 7 to step up and join us on the track to make it an even 10 Croc. Who else can we badger into it? Tom
-
If you live in Southeastern Pa. then you may want to take a ride over to New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. on Monday June 27th or Tues the 28th. There will be at least 9 or more Sevens at a trackday. It would be a great opportunity to see and sit in a lot of different sevens. Where in SE Pa? I'm in Media. Tom
-
What the heck are you doing looking down at the speedo at over 100mph. :ack::willy_nilly: Tom
-
Great Idea. I don't remember seeing any place near the paddock area, but I can ask. The club/restaurant is closed during the week, it only opens durning the weekend. Tom
-
Great Dermot! I've got two more Seven owners on the hook still so there is still hope that we can get to and even 10 sevens on the track together. Add in a few others that may come out to watch and it's shaping up to be a great event. There is a Texas Roadhouse restaurant near the track in Millville that could be a dinner option on Sunday or Mondya night. Any other suggestions? Tom
-
Ok, I'll bite. As a former VP of HR, I had some dealing with the NLRB in my 20 years. It's a strange agency, who's members are appointed by the current administration, hence it is very politically driven in it's interpretation of the regs. This ruling will not stand IMO as there was no real basis for the decision other than the statement that Boeing made that "it was tired of work stoppages every three years" A company certainly has the right to determine where it will do business, otherwise the goverment could stop all the jobs going overseas. Just wait until congress gets involved in this, that's when the fireworks will begin. Tom
-
Yeah, I'm hoping to do either Friday or Saturday on Thunderbolt, weather being the determining factor. Karl if you want to get a day in on Thunderbolt, How's this Saturday work for you? I can get you in on the members day. Tom
