Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Bad news for you big hp Duratec owners. NJMP just put a power to weight limit on the trackdays. No cars with more than 400 hp to weight ratio's can run on the track so you guys with the big HP will either have to detune them or add suffient weight to meet the new regs. :rofl: Tom
  2. Russian my ass, this one is all American. :flag::flag::flag: Tom [/url]
  3. Mike, I sent if off to three of my lawyer buddies. They said that Philly judges don't have a sense of humor, but they really enjoyed reading it. Tom:seeya:
  4. I had it happen to me in my 1st year of trailering. Croc, the way you are supposed to controll it is to speed up a bit, or to squeeze the trailer brake controller to engage the trailer brakes. Let me tell you that even if I would have known that it would be hard to do as it happened very quickly. I was doing about 50mph on a downhill section of the NE ext of the Pa tpk. The trailer started to sway and so did the Durango, I went from the right lane, and hit the guardrail on the left lane, bounced off the guardrail as I had cut the wheel to try to avoid it and swerved back and hit the guardrail on the right shoulder. The trailer jackknifed, and luckily the guardrail kept the Durango from going over the edge of a 50 ft dropoff. The rear tow hooks, actually straightend out and the car slide forward about 2 feet. No damage other than the left rear wing hit the inside fenderwell and cracked it. No big deal as that wing later met a few cones autoxing and they did much more damage. I have since added an antisway bar and a weight tranfer setup to the hitch. The Durango was totalled thought. Tom
  5. Here: http://gallery.me.com/jjones17#100282 Michael, I just sent you a PM. Tom
  6. OK. It finally finished rendering at 9pm, and I sent it to Youtube from my laptop. Unfortunately, due to the size of the file, when I got up this morning it was still loading and was showing 8800 minutes of processing still remaining and it was still going up.:nopity: Good think Cousin John suggested sending it to his Mobile Me gallery on my desktop computer. That only took 9 hours,so it was done when I woke up. John just sent me the link so that you all may view it. It is 43 minutes long. Sorry, I just couldn't stop adding footage of us passing everything in site. :party: Here is the link to John's Mobile me gallery. http://gallery.me.com/jjones17#100282 Click on the link, which opens the gallery. That will take you right to the movie, Unless you have a REALLY fast internet connection, I recommend clicking the Large size, downloading it onto your computer, and put it into the full screen mode by clicking on the two little arrows or dots at the bottom right hand corner and turn up the volume. If you don't download it, it could hang up as it is a very Large file. Enjoy! Tom
  7. Karl, Karl, Karl, no need for you to cover for Croc. He's a big boy, he can stand hearing the truth. You held him off very nicely. It's in the video, unedited footage no less. I know there was one point by that you let us all pass, but surely that was just for good video effect. Once Croc went by, he promptly ran out of talent if he wasn't following somebody. :jester: The dust clouds and him sitting 20 feet off the blacktop in the grass is proof enough. As for the RST! That would be scary! Tom
  8. I just finished the final editing of the video. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. My cousin John helped with the editing and some special effects. It combines footage from 5 different cameras. It's currently rendering into the Media browser so that I can then export it into YOUTUBE. It still has 3 hours or so left to render. Total time is 43 minutes. I think I'll try to break it up into Three sessions to upload on youtube. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet my target of getting it loaded up today. It will be late, as it won't finish rendering until at least 8:30 or 9pm or so. Stay tuned. Tom
  9. Karl, you did a good job, because on the video, Croc is almost always behind you, lap after lap. Looks like he's going to need to do the same upgrade you did this year. Croc, I'd consider buying your current duratec if you decide to do the Karl upgrade. :drool: Tom
  10. Croc I was referring to John's picture. Definately not a Birkin. :svengo: Tom
  11. :bs:He's kidding Mike. Don't be so gulible. :seeya:
  12. I miss you guys!:driving::seeya: I just got home from another trackday at NJMP on Thunderbolt. It was not the same without you guys. All those big mean Z06's, Porsche GT3 racecars, and GTR's none of which liked to let me pass. Where is Kitcat when I need him to make some room by passing on the turns to soften them up. :smilielol5: I was serioulsy whooped by a 19 year old in a slick shod Z06. I couldn't lose him in the octopus. That never happened before. He stayed right with me and then blew by me on the front straight. I couldn't catch him. Nice kid, good driver. Serioulsy, It was very anticlimatic being the only Caterham there. I'm whooped as it was a hot one today. I absolutly promise to have the Video from our group session up tomorrow. I have about 40 minutes that I've pieced together. I'll probably put them up as two or three clips depending on what YOUTUBE lets me do. Tom
  13. Ok, here's my dyno sheet for the Rover K series. Tom
  14. I just did the same install this spring. Remove the two nuts and lift out the existing metal bracket. The bolts remain in place. Insert the new retaining channels and reinstall the bolts. It's a two minute job. I tried to install the new channels without removing the existing one at first. That won't work. tom
  15. Yeah Mike, but at the end of the straight, you never braked. That was your usual passing zone.:smilielol5:You were probalby doing 75-85 thru that turn. Tom
  16. :smilielol5: Sorry for the tease guys. I spent yesterday uploading the videos, and probably more time went to deleting enough existing files to make room for the new stuff. HD video is a memory hog! Finally loaded the last clip just now. We're going to a wedding today and spending the night downtown so I'll get back to it tomorrow night and Hopefully will have something for you on Monday. There is really so much good stuff that I'll probably do 2 ten to fifteen minute sessions, so I don't bore those of you who weren't there. For those that were, I'll burn you each a few discs of each camera's footage so that you can watch the whole thing at your leisure if you want. I'm going back up to the desktop computer now to get started while the rest of the house is still sleeping. Tom Happy 4th of July.:flag::flag::flag:
  17. Here's a little tease. I will get the other video up shortly. Enjoy. Tom [/url]
  18. Steve you may have to disqualify yourself from this process as obviously you and John are very close. :rofl: Tom
  19. http://www.r1concepts.com/merkur-scorpio-1987-brakes-102.03820.htm This might work.
  20. That picture is coming off the last turn, onto the front straight. Michael D. in the lead allows the young Kid in the car with too much hp to pass him and although he's strong on the straights, like the young kid he is, his balls are bigger than his brain. 3 turns later he's in the dirt.:willy_nilly::ack:. Caught on camera. The unedited video doesn't lie. I was just hanging back to avoid the enevitable carnage. Tom
  21. A few more from the SCDA site. The group shot here is a little better. It includes Michael D. and Scott.
  22. Here's a shot of all of the 7s at NJMP. Dermots Fisher Fury is missing as he was working on it when we assembled. He did get in the line, does anyone have a picture with him in it? Starting from the left is Karl with His Orange Superlight R400+++, Stewart's blue with Yellow noseband crossflow, My yellow superlight,Croc's Silver CSR, Dave D's Orange Superformance S1, S1 Steve's matching orange S1, KitCat's, Purple with red noseband crossflow, Michael D's BRG with red Zetec, and Scotts, Orange with Carbon, Superlight R America. Tom
  23. I just finished watching the video from my front and rear cameras, the one I mounted on Kitcat's roll bar, and the tape that Jack, Al, Steve and John took. What a Hoot! You guys should have your own show. Pretty funny. It's hard to belive that with all the nice camera setups we had that most of them failed to record at one point or another. Surprisingly, the two, cheapie, $11.00 cams that I bought on ebay, recorded flawlessly. The wind noise is intrusive, but they were rock steady, and caught some great action, including Croc's Dust storm.:cooldude: :hurray: I wish I could put up the whole sessions, but I don't think YouTube lets you put that much up. Mike M. You are just INSANE!!! You got your monies worth as you used every inch of the track and hit the dirt quite a few times. Great driving. Tom
  24. This type of event will be repeated. It was great to have all of us out there on the track at the same time. And it definately was a great group of guys. I second Croc's comments. KitCat needs a new handle. I think "The Hoon" will do nicely. He never saw a car he wouldn't pass, "ANYWHERE" That was the best demo of late braking that I've seen. :driving: First session or so, I think the Corvette and Porsche boys, didn't want to let us little "kitcars" pass them. Like Croc said, when they looked in their mirrors we were usually in both mirrors as we could take any line we liked. After that, we got point bys for the groups of us, 3 and 4 cars at a time. We definately had the run of the track. I will start uploading the video and hopefully wil get to the editing process on friday and will try to get something up by Sunday. Karl said that he would send me video from his new cam, and I have not yet looked at the video that Jack and My cousin John took with the hand held cam. I think my $11.00 cam from ebay was the most dependable one of them all as it seemed to perform flawlessly, unlike our more expensive ones. It was a great time and hopefully at the next one, we can double the numbers of Sevens in attendance. I know Jack now has the bug after getting a ride, in a slow Corvette on Lightning. :rofl: Dave and Steve will probably also get their S1 Superformances out there too. It will be like seeing Double as they are both Metallic Orange. I can just one imagine one of them Passing some poor corvette, and they a few minute the second one comes up behind and the poor guy thinks he's been lapped. :rofl: Oh and Croc, you forgot Al Navarro's appearance in your Highlight list. That certainly was a nice surprise. Now if we can add Bessie to the attendance list next time, that will be the true test. Tom
  25. Wow! In that second Photo, it looks like Croc is having a hard time losing that Miata in the turns:jester: I guess 260 HP isn't enough or maybe you need to step up to the slicks to out handle a Miata Mike. :svengo: Tom
×
×
  • Create New...