Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Mike, try squirting a little WD40 under the cap to dry it off. Tom
  2. Yeah, but it's a good dog, and has a nice bark. And with all you BIG DOGs coming out to play I'll have plenty of things to chase. You just better hope I don't catch you. I don't want you holding me up in the corners just to run away like a girl down the straight:toetap05:s. :jester: Tom
  3. Mike is correct, passengers are not allowed. However, if you have a guest that wants a ride, if you ask nicely, they may offer to take them out with an instructor driving. Tom
  4. Mike, There are 20 suites on the front straight of Thunderbolt that have two queen pullout beds, a fridge, microwave and tv and internet that they rent out. I've stayed in them a couple times and they are very convienent as the paddock for Thunderbolt is right behind them and there allow you to use the gararge underneath the rooms for the night as well. First track day is at Lightning so we would have to drive all of 1 mile or less over to that track. :auto: It's pretty nice to just roll out of bed and be right there. For member trackdays, they charged me $70 a nite plus tax. I know they say the rates are different for non member days, but I will call today and ask what the rates are. Otherwise we can look around and see what's available near Millville. I passed a new hotel on Rt.55 just before Millville on the way down last week. I'll have to look it up. Tom
  5. Yeah Mike, that would be great. Hopefully we can get a good turn out. what are the bets we get kicked out of the restaurant for being too rowdy?:cheers: Tom
  6. Great Stewart. That makes five of us so far then. Come one Box, Ron and Dave D. Let's get it to 8. Anyone else out there that can make it? Steve, (bBall)? SteveS1? Even if you don't want to do the track day, come on out. I promise the banter alone will be worth the trip. :party: Tom
  7. Well that was quick. Here is Ian's response to my email. Hello Tom Thanks for the email The event runs rain or shine Yes, I can do my best to accommodate all the Caterham guys in the Intermediate Run Group, assuming they all have track experience. We are running an early bird pricing special $490.50 for the two day event, but that offer ends JUNE 13 Here is the direct link to register for the 2 Day NJMP event! Thank you Ian Prout http://www.scda1.com What I really asked and didnot get an answer to was "how late can we sign up?" Weather forecasts are good about 3-4 day max IMO. He didn't say that they were almost booked up, but then he didn't say they weren't either. So do we book to get the discount? or do we wait until the week of the event and hope it doesn't fill up? Since there are only 4 of us at the moment I don't think it's as critical. If we get to 7 or 8 then we may need to ping him again. Tom
  8. Mike, I am definately going. And speaking with Croc this week so is he. Karl has also expressed joining us. Still wating on Steve (Bball) Stewart (Sabbot), Ron (redgoose) and Dave D. who had originally indicated they might attend. Box? I told Croc that I would reach out to Ian at SCDA to let him know several of us were coming and find out when we had to commit by. I'll check on room availablity at the track as well. Normal Member day rates are favorable. Don't know what they are for non member day events. Hold off signing up until I hear from Ian. I just emailed him. I should hear back shortly. Tom
  9. Croc, I don't think that NJMP has a tire changer on site that I know of, but I'll ask. Mike I do have an impact gun that you are welcome to use to change wheels. My supplier for the slicks is my Mechanic at BimmerWorks, here in Pa. http://www.bimmerworks.com/ He's a racer as well, and just came in first in class and 3rd overall at the "Devil in the Dark" 12 hour enduro at NJMP. In a BMW of course. He's driven my car at several autoxs and just loves it. He does the mounting and balancing of the tires and wheels as well. I'm going to order the slicks next thursday when I take the Porsche over for it's inspection. He gave me a good price on the rear Pirelli Pzero Rosso's for it. If you want I'll get a price for them if you give me the size you need for the CSR. You could ship the rims to me and I could have the tires mounted and bring them to the track in the trailer. As for getting them home? Ship them again? Tom Tom
  10. I actually got lucky and was offered an opportunity to become a member at NJMP this season, so, I am making the most of every trackday on the schedule. :hurray: I definately have to order a new set of slicks and at this pace may have to get several as there are about 20 trackdays left this season.:willy_nilly: Even with my slow driving that's alot of heat cycles!!!! But you can be sure that I will have a new set of of tires in time for our get together.:devil: So what happened to the rest of the potential attendees? Ron? Warren? Dave D. Box? And I'm sure that there are a few more that were on the list as maybes. Mike M. If you are coming in early, let me know if you need a place to crash for the night. I have room. Croc, I will give you my wish list for your UK trip. I'm thinking that a new set of Front brake pads would be a good investment. Tom
  11. Jon, the important question is "will your codriver let you use his tow rig to bring "Snakebit" to NJMP for our June trackday event"? Tom
  12. Jim, I'm running R25, the softest compound on the Hoosiers. Figure 8-9 track days, minumum 4 runs of 25 minutes each. Are you running a 7 James or a heavier car? So from the tone of this discussion they are probably shot?:rofl: Tom
  13. Thanks Mike, I'm assuming that each 25 minute session is a heat cycle, so if I do 4 or 5 sessions a day then that's 4 or 5 heat cycle per trackday. Obvioulsy I'm getting my money's worth and since it's not race, I don't have to worry about getting the max performance out of them. But on Saturday i did think that they may have lost some of their performance as I did have trouble keeping up with some cars that I should have no problem staying with. It is possible that they were a lot better drivers than me, though. I think I've done 8 track days with this set so far. Tom
  14. Thanks Jon. I have potentially 4 more trackdays in June before the 27th,28th get together, so I should be able to get a session on them before the get together. Hope you will figure a way to tow yours down for the event. You know it's going to be a blast. Tom
  15. I am just doing Track days, not racing, so I am definately not thrashing the crap out of them, and I usually take it easy the first lap or two just to get some heat in them. They do cool off between sessions as it is usually an hour or more between sessions. I figure that I have about 32-36 heat cycles in this set. I guess I might be pushing their life cycle a bit eh? They still get sticky enough to pick up every stone and pebble on the paddock after a run though. :cuss: I have another day scheduled for May 17th, that I will give them another go before I call them toast. I Might just have to have a new set before I meet up with Croc, Karl and Mike in June. :seeya: Tom
  16. Anyone care to share their knowledge on Heat Cycles? Specifically, how many heat cycles can I expect a set of Hoosier bias ply Slicks to last before they significantly lose their stick? I did another track day on Saturday and found myself not able to keep up with a few cars I thought I should be able to out perform in the turns. As you would suspect, I have plenty of rubber remaining, but I remember from my autoxing days that the tires definately lost their grip even though there was plenty of rubber left. Tom
  17. Jim, the ACB10's are a cross ply, very very light weight, very limited tread so not good in the wet, and apparently are known to tram line (follow ruts etc) It's a great track tyre in the dry, but probably way overkill for normal street driving. The AVON CR500 is a better choice for the street, still really lightweight, a lttle more tread but also still pretty expensive. Toyo R888's are heavier than the AVON's but for street driving you won't really notice too much. Tread similare to the Avon CR500's, cost a little less. Still an R compound tire so pretty sticky compared to most normal tires. For the Street these tires are More than enough to get you into trouble as they will stick when warm. Tom
  18. Who votes for these (l)holes in the first place?
  19. Croc, glad your new Cat is on the road. How does it compare to your old SV? Looks good if you are into that "fatty chasing look" :rofl: but you really should do something to spice up that cam cover. Karl's looks MUCH nicer. :jester: Good thing I have a wide angle lens on my new camera to keep you in frame, that is assuming I can keep up with you for a bit on the twisties. Good luck with it. Let me know if you want to join me at any of the Member Days at NJMP. Tom
  20. yellowss7

    R400 v Atom

    I was a passenger in several high powered 7's on that track back in 2001. Accellerating down that last hill and facing a hard left hander when you are not in control is absoutly terrifying! Alex Wong, Rodger Swift and Keith Jecks were three of the drivers so I was in capable hands. It's a great track for 7. Tom
  21. Ok, we have 4 possibles at this point. I know there are several others that might be able to make it. You guys can't leave Kitcat and I alone with Karl and Croc snd their new beasts. If we get a few more we can at least set up a rolling road block to impede them a bit. :rofl: So who else is in? Tom
  22. Get working on it. Somebody is going to have to spank Croc and Karl down the straights in June.:smash: Tom
  23. Unbelievable! My daughters are now 24 and 21 and I still remember that cry. That kid needs a good burp. :jester: Tom
  24. Ok guys, we are now just 2 months away from potentially a great 7's get together at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Sports Car Driver Association (SCDA) is hosting track days at NJMP on Monday June 27th on the Lightning course and again on Tuesday June 28th on the Thunderbolt course. https://www.scda1.com/home When we last discussed this event in February, there were potentially 15 or so 7's that expressed interest in getting together for Monday and a few that would stay for both days. As I said before, a trackday with a bunch of 7's and guys who are fun to hang out with for a couple of day will be a special event. Price for one track day is $295.00 and if you sign up for both days there is a discount rate of $545.00 and an earlybird signup discount of an additional 10%% if you sign up between Now and June 13th, the rate is $490.50. I ran with this group last year and it was well organized and safely run. Right now I'd just like to get an idea of who is still interested in doing this event. When I last spoke to Ian at SCDA he said he'd might be able to do a few things if we got a nice showing of 7's to participate. So If you think you'd like to get together with a bunch of 7's both for a fun track day or two and or you can also just bring your 7 and watch. (that's Free!!) I'll assume that some of us will arrive on Sunday night and probably get together for dinner and a night of comedy,politics and general rowdyness.:party: No registration is required at this time, this is just to get an idea of what the potential turnout will be, now that we are only two months out. So who's in? Potential Attendees 1) Yellowss7 (Tom) 2) Bluebarisax (Karl) 3) Kitcat (Mike M) 4) Croc (Mike)
  25. Double post
×
×
  • Create New...