Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. It's a beautiful 78 degrees here in Media, Pa. today. Just got back in from a 2 hour blat with my eldest daughter. The only reason we came home was that we were having trouble breathing. It's just amazing that it actually is hard to breath when driving at speed. Lots of waves today from all the sports car drivers. A nice 57 Vette driver almost fell out out his car while hanging out over the door, trying to get a good look at us. Even a couple of nice old Porsche drivers gave us waves. Great day to be out. Nice that our fearless leader has fixed that nasty Global warming problem already. Tom
  2. yellowss7

    Jag IRS

    Mazda, I'm not a mechanic, but it looks like you might have to turn/cut those rotors. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Tom
  3. Can't help you there, I have the Caterham bellhousing drysump tank. A neat solution in and of itself.
  4. Thanks Tom, Attached is a pic of my Altenator solution. A bracket mounted off the front of the engine so that the altenator runs facing backwards. Tom
  5. Tom, As an S3 owner, I'm curious, how much fabrication is required to get the 2.0L duratec shoehorned in? Or are there other issues? When I put the RoverK series, which was the normal engine in UK Catehams for a while, in my car, the only issues that arose were tight clearance with the headers and the steering column, but they do make a LHD 4-2-1 exhaust system that works. Connecting the hydraulic clutch slave to clutch arm was another. And lastly, there was no room for the altenator on the left or right due to the drysump pump on the right and the headers/steering column on the left. Other than that, it was a piece of cake. Even with those issues, the TOTAL build time was 80 hours, and I'm not a mechanic or even remotely mechanically gifted. Just curious about the Duratec issues as it looks like the ideal engine for the car. Tom
  6. Met a buddy for lunch today and decided to take the Caterham even though it was a little overcast. Took the Hoosier slicks off and put the new R888's on. Haven't had it out since the Track day at Log29. (Pathetic, I know) The R888's seem ok but they are definately alot heavier than the AVON CR500s. Started right up, and had a chance to run it up thru all 6 gears on the way to lunch. Heck, I even forgot to put in my earplugs. It just sounds so good. Car attracted alot of attention as usual. After a nice leisurely 2 hour lunch, I notice a few rain drops starting to fall. As I never ordered the weather gear it was time to sprint home. Luckily, it didn't pour and I made all the lights, and it stopped as I got within a couple of miles of home. The Car is begging to go back out on the Track. I think I got the bug BAD.:driving: I think I'll go and edit the little bit of usable video I took at Barber and upload it later tonight. Tom
  7. Let us know when you get here and if you have time to get together Again Tom
  8. Sean, it will still be fun to drive, but your new understanding of acceleration and handling will make it feel a little dated. I've always liked the looks of the TR6's. Something about those big redline tires. Welcome to the world of Se7ening. Just remember to get the wheels straight before you punch it, or you will be doing donuts before you can blink. Tom
  9. Yeah, your face will hurt from smiling so much for a while. Now spill the beans, whats on the other side of the mustang? Is it a Triumph Stag perhaps? Tom
  10. I ordered my superlight with the widetrack front and the clams. It fits fine with normal width tires. My 10 inch hoosiers stick out a bit though. :smilielol5: Tom
  11. yellowss7

    Log 30

    Dean, how about a build a 7 event. Get one of the manufacturers to donate a kit and have it built that weekend and Raffle it off. Money to be donated or fund the cost of the kit, if it's not a freebie. Tom
  12. C'mon Al, You know you have to have a 7 before you can rip up a road. So what did you get??? Tom:D
  13. I went thru the same calcuations for my track day at Barber, but a 1.8L 4 banger may get a slightly different result than your 5.7L 8. I think it also depends on how long you keep the loud pedal down. If I remember Jefferson Circuit correctly, it's a tight little course with only a couple straights. As for my Barber experience. I used about 3/4 tank, so around 6-7 gallons for 5, 15 minute sessions. Tom
  14. Martin, I JUST fitted my boot cover after 9 years. I have the tool that Caterham supplied with the kit. The tool, has a concave machined spot for the button part to sit in while you bash the post with the punch like tool. Let me know if you want to borrow it. As for your edges, could you glue them first, to keep them straight? Tom
  15. yellowss7

    Gauges

    For the oil temp, a commmon, simple solution is to install a temp sender, install a toggle switch and run the wires from the oil temp sender and the water temp sender, using the water temp gauge. A simple flick of the switch and you have water or oil temp on the same gauge. Tom
  16. I'm still smiling Dean. I don't want to look at my in car video yet because I don't want to see how slow I really was. My brain thinks I was really flying. I do think I might have a shot of you on the track coming down the front straight. I'll watch it tomorrow and post it if it looks good. I think I have one of Drew on the straight as well. Oh, and Dean, thanks again for the loan of the arm restraints. Tom
  17. Looking good Roman!!!! Tom
  18. Made it home safely. Got in around 3:30 Pm, unloaded the trailer and put it back in storage. Had a great Time. Met loads of great 7ners.
  19. We're Half way home. Drove about 460 miles today and have just about 440 to go. Should get home tomorrow around 3-4 pm. If my track day video worked I'll post tomorrow nght. Tom
  20. and to give you some perspective, looking at the pic, I'm to the right of her and I'm 6'1". Tom
  21. I bailed out on the Autox on Sunday. We woke up early, and went out to change tires and put the Slicks on and after that, removing the petty strut, and setting up the camera, tire pressures, etc. I WAS EXHAUSTED! So, I figured that there was no sense in beating my self into the ground in the heat. I can autox anywhere, and The trackday was what I wanted to do. I think I made a Good move. I talked to another guy who Auotxed and skipped the trackday because he was beat. I think Steve was the only Caterham that autoxed, so he represented and won his class. Driver ed on the track was a hoot. Tom
  22. Just got back to the hotel from today's track day. It was the first time I've done one and it sure won't be the last. My cousin John and I had a blast. Met lots of great USA7s people and even a few nice Lotus ones as well. I pass everyone's thanks on to John and his girlfriend as I just spoke with them and we are going to go out to dinner in about an hour. I was so hyped up for today's event that I forgot to turn on my video camera for a couple of the heats. Hopefully the ones I remembered to turn it on for will come out oK. My cousin said I looked slow out there. Sure as heck didn't feel real slow. My left clam was vibrating widely on the highspeed straights. It looked like it was trying to fly, but it held. I hear that next year's Log will be at Gettysburg Pa. and the track day at Summit point. Tom Tom
  23. A couple of pics from today. Mr. and Mrs. Breezy, and John Vivani piloting that beautiful Lotus 11 around the Museum Turn during the lunch break.
  24. 2 more favs.
×
×
  • Create New...