New guy. Here is my Cat

Vovchandr

1 hour ago, Vovchandr said:

Also troubleshoot my troubled map a little more 

Still no data log. Barely had time to test the @catsv7 gave me and adjustments @NSXguy suggested I do to the fuel map table.

Acting like a blind squirrel looking for nuts I was able to throw some numbers into the tables that seemed to fix that part throttle flat spot/stumble/misfire I had. I only did a quick test

@catsv7 car didn't really start well with your profile and map and shot a major fireball upon one of startups. Barely ran. I took screenshots and compared data between our setups. They are different but aren't night and day so not quite sure why it acted so bad. 

I believe adjusting the idle/starup portion of the map can be tricky. We are dealing with small magnitudes on the commanded injector opening time. The actual opening is comprised of a ramp from closed to open, a ramp from open to close with a "flat" in between. The fuel flow passed is also dependent on the injector flow number and the fuel pressure regulator setting. On top of this scheduling are adjustments for sensed air temperature, pressure, battery voltage and if a cold start is detected. These modifiers may be different between our ECUs, further complicating comparisons. I have noticed that "small" injector opening time changes can cause big swings in AFR. I have been tweaking the map at idle beyond the one I provided. This is because I put in a smaller capacity alternator and cold air intake system drawing air in front of radiator. Once the engine is warm it idles at close to 1100 rpm with +/- 50rpm hunting. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, catsv7 said:

I believe adjusting the idle/starup portion of the map can be tricky. We are dealing with small magnitudes on the commanded injector opening time. The actual opening is comprised of a ramp from closed to open, a ramp from open to close with a "flat" in between. The fuel flow passed is also dependent on the injector flow number and the fuel pressure regulator setting. On top of this scheduling are adjustments for sensed air temperature, pressure, battery voltage and if a cold start is detected. These modifiers may be different between our ECUs, further complicating comparisons. I have noticed that "small" injector opening time changes can cause big swings in AFR. I have been tweaking the map at idle beyond the one I provided. This is because I put in a smaller capacity alternator and cold air intake system drawing air in front of radiator. Once the engine is warm it idles at close to 1100 rpm with +/- 50rpm hunting. 

Im not coming an area of knowledge but it almost felt like the timing was off? The engine really didn't want to be running and I could keep forcing it by restarting it when it died. During one of the startups it backfired very loud that my better half came out of the house to see if I was Ok, so I took pictures of your setup and uploaded mine back. 

I can try again at a different date to maybe mess with further tuning you described above. 

With that said if my car is happy with my map I can stay on it and just use the differences as a guide as to what values to adjust and in which direction. 

Edited by Vovchandr