Reiver Posted September 28 Posted September 28 The 9" high rear 'window' with the doors in place makes the cockpit seem like every other convertible I've ever driven.... on the mild side. Just an FYI 1 1
Slonie Posted September 28 Posted September 28 I gotta try that out sometime. How big of a difference does it make without the doors?
Reiver Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 8 hours ago, Slonie said: I gotta try that out sometime. How big of a difference does it make without the doors? It helps some but not a great deal sans doors..... no doors and a half hood is fantastic....with doors great. I'm just a street guy but where I live that often equates to high speeds and that plexi window does help.
jmaz Posted yesterday at 01:03 AM Posted yesterday at 01:03 AM So you're finding that, with a half-hood and no doors plus the rear shield, you get much less buffeting than with a half-hood and no doors alone?
Reiver Posted yesterday at 02:35 AM Author Posted yesterday at 02:35 AM (edited) 1 hour ago, jmaz said: So you're finding that, with a half-hood and no doors plus the rear shield, you get much less buffeting than with a half-hood and no doors alone? Yes, I have wind wings in place when I have no doors on and the difference is really substantial with half hood/9" back window in place....you can see the set up here with wind wings/no doors..... very comfortable. That is my summer mode to keep the sun off..... winter is doors/no half hood and that too is very nice with the rear window..... this is AZ so our winters are the really nice weather. Edited yesterday at 02:38 AM by Reiver 1
IamScotticus Posted yesterday at 02:44 AM Posted yesterday at 02:44 AM are "wind wings" a thing available for sale somewhere?
wdb Posted yesterday at 12:58 PM Posted yesterday at 12:58 PM 10 hours ago, IamScotticus said: are "wind wings" a thing available for sale somewhere? https://caterhamparts.co.uk/windscreens-aeroscreens/150-wind-deflector-kit-suitable-for-all-cars.html
7Westfield Posted yesterday at 01:19 PM Posted yesterday at 01:19 PM I tried a rear panel for the first time yesterday. It seems to cut down the turbulence and has a small effect on noise as well. With or without wind deflectors was pretty much the same. I did notice that the deflectors were held out about 45 degrees, so there's some positive pressure behind the windshield trying to get out. All in all. it's a plus I'd like to use a half hood. but with my non-standard windshield there's no way to attach the front. I may try making half doors, over the winter
IamScotticus Posted yesterday at 06:53 PM Posted yesterday at 06:53 PM 5 hours ago, wdb said: https://caterhamparts.co.uk/windscreens-aeroscreens/150-wind-deflector-kit-suitable-for-all-cars.html I knew that. I believe if you angled those wings out more, they are more effective.
7Westfield Posted yesterday at 07:57 PM Posted yesterday at 07:57 PM 1 hour ago, IamScotticus said: I believe if you angled those wings out more, they are more effective. then your aero drag goes from one barn door to two?
toldfield Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago At LUG last week I tried holding the wind deflector out at 90 degrees. Immediate improvement to the air blasting into my left ear but not too comfortable on sporty roads. I'm going to start wearing my leather helmet left over from my biplane days...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now