Croc’s new CSR Superlight

Croc

Again your car looks fantastic..i appriciate the picture, but vi am computer illiterate..could you post it on this sight so i can see it...i am at work and would love to see ,,thanks ron k

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again your car looks fantastic..i appriciate the picture, but vi am computer illiterate..could you post it on this sight so i can see it...i am at work and would love to see ,,thanks ron k

No problem - here it is as of last Friday night. Front suspension was complete by 1pm yesterday when I saw it. The little box on top of scuttle in front of driver is the shift lights

VpR5mCl.jpg

Edited by Croc

• 4 weeks later...

I think I saw BlueBariSax's orange car at the Frenchtown Citgo on Sunday. I was in a rush, otherwise I would have stopped by to chat. Was there a regional rendezvous?

I think I saw BlueBariSax's orange car at the Frenchtown Citgo on Sunday. I was in a rush, otherwise I would have stopped by to chat. Was there a regional rendezvous?

Yep - it was the annual Fish & Chip Run put on by Robert Konick of British Racing Group. You missed a good day.

I hope you have marked June 12 down in your calendar to attend the 3rd annual NJ/PA/NY Sevens Run starting from the parking lot opposite Milford. We got 7 or 8 sevens last year. I know Bessie will not be ready in time but I know with good fact that her 'alter ego' will be there. I am sure we can shoe horn you into a seven somehow! :cooldude:

Croc, glad your new Cat is on the road. How does it compare to your old SV?

Looks good if you are into that "fatty chasing look" :rofl: but you really should do something to spice up that cam cover. Karl's looks MUCH nicer. :jester:

Good thing I have a wide angle lens on my new camera to keep you in frame, that is assuming I can keep up with you for a bit on the twisties.

Good luck with it. Let me know if you want to join me at any of the Member Days at NJMP.

Tom

Croc:

Interesting license plate.

Does it have a wind blocker behind the seats?

Looks like a total beast.

I see you are continuing your LOG 30 tradition of off-roading your new se7en:).

Is the power sufficient (intoxicating)?

How soon til you pitch the seats for Tillets?

All in all, fantastic car, congrats!

Mike M.

Edited by Kitcat

Croc, glad your new Cat is on the road. How does it compare to your old SV?

Looks good if you are into that "fatty chasing look" :rofl: but you really should do something to spice up that cam cover. Karl's looks MUCH nicer.

Good thing I have a wide angle lens on my new camera to keep you in frame, that is assuming I can keep up with you for a bit on the twisties.

It is light years away from the SV. It feels so much more composed on rough surfaces, you do not get thrown around as much. I had Jack vB as passenger with me yesterday at the Fish & Chip Run while his seven is undergoing a gearbox change. He was just as impressed as I was. The composed ride/handling is more impressive to me than the engine performance. I have driven my share of fast cars but this is a whole other level. It puts the power down so well - point to point it is incredible.

Nice wind up on the cam cover :rofl: - I assume you saw my comment on the Fish & Chips picture page. Luckily I could see the funny side about them fulfilling my cam cover order to someone else.

Interesting license plate.

Does it have a wind blocker behind the seats?

Looks like a total beast.

I see you are continuing your LOG 30 tradition of off-roading your new se7en.

Is the power sufficient (intoxicating)?

How soon til you pitch the seats for Tillets?

All in all, fantastic car, congrats!

Mike M.

Thanks Mike. While it sounds better than a Zetec the duratec still does not sounds as good as a crossflow to my ears.

Yes it is a NJ classic car plate as you can see... The license plate has "prison made" stamped in it. It took all of 5 minutes for a Brit to notice and start making Australian convict jokes yesterday. :toetap05:

Yes there is a wind blocker of black mesh wrapped around the roll bar - works pretty well. I think it may be better than the SBFS one. It was one of my purchases when I was last in London.

Yes...with the new suspension I find it rides exceptionally well on rough gravel roads and fields of grass when looking for photo spots! :D

As for the power, I believe it was Rolls Royce, that when asked for the power and torque statistics on their new model, responded "adequate." I will follow similar modest lines and say "its effing ballistic!"

There will be no tillets in the car. I broke my tail bone (amongst other things) years ago when I badly landed a parachute (my fault). The S-type seats work the best for me. Tillets leave me in agony after 40 minutes.

Great looking car! Well done. Sorry I won't be able to see you all at NJMSP. Have fun. Drive fast but drive safe.

Michael D.

It's the smiles per mile that count.

Croc,

Who makes that roll-bar windblocker? Is it readily available?

I have the first windblocker that SBFS made for Tillets, and it is adequate, but could be improved upon.

Croc,

Who makes that roll-bar windblocker? Is it readily available?

I have the first windblocker that SBFS made for Tillets, and it is adequate, but could be improved upon.

Hi Tom - I have the SBFS draft reducer too but felt it could do better. I found this at Stoneleigh 2 years ago and eventually found them for sale on Ebay UK. Seller name is BarbaraV1959 I checked just now and she does not have anything up for sale currently but I am sure she can make another if you email her through ebay. I also bought a shower cap off her - great for putting on the car in the garage or when parked outside.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228061_10150173902643075_174920753074_7000744_3350269_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228469_10150173903108075_174920753074_7000759_5291045_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227377_10150173906583075_174920753074_7000846_6023575_n.jpg

Edited by Croc