Stalker #85 headed back to Arkansas

xcarguy

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

While not exactly a spy photo, here is a shot of the new chassis currently being built for #85. In the photo, the chassis is in the jig with the full cage (traditional, halo style) and finish welds to go. To recap, my car was involved in an accident in February, leaving the frame severely tweaked and well beyond any 'reasonably safe' repair (MHO). I think I’ll rename my Storker 'The Phoenix'…that is, as long as Suave doesn’t object. :jester:

2015-06-22_10-44-47_108.jpg

Edited by xcarguy

Good Work Shane, Now you have a year to get yourself back in proper working order. Put the Red Rocket back together, pick up your Dad and join us

again for the fun and games at NJMP next July 4th...

I will be missing you and Dad next weekend !!!!!!!!

Shane, is that a 7 you are building or a battleship? that's a lot of heavy iron. You might need to up the power level on the Phoenix.:rofl: Hope you are getting better. We'll be thinking of you at the gathering. Tom:seeya:

I may just have to add that extra shoulder bar you have on the new chassis, Shane. I like that idea!

I'm sure you're aware of the following, but just in case and for other readers' benefit: do it if the angles of you and your seat necessitate it. For my build, I followed the Schroth guidelines, and it was very apparent that extra harness bars were required for both the driver & passenger sides.

I may just have to add that extra shoulder bar you have on the new chassis, Shane. I like that idea!

Are you keeping it otherwise the same? Same front suspension and rear axle?

z,

Keeping the car pretty much the same with exception the cage design and a different steereing rack. Scott is fitting a modified Coleman Racing steering rack to my car. Not so much because the rack is better (will further reduce bump steer), but more so due to the fact the Chevette racks have become all but impossible to find/get.

I'm sure you're aware of the following, but just in case and for other readers' benefit: do it if the angles of you and your seat necessitate it. For my build, I followed the Schroth guidelines, and it was very apparent that extra harness bars were required for both the driver & passenger sides.

Brit,

When I purchased the car back from Sharkey, the restraints was one of the first things I addressed on the car. I followed, to the letter, the G-force instructions. The link to my install: http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=21959

g force.jpg

A few more photos of 'The Phoenix' Storker rebirth. Scott did an exemplary job of finishing the chassis to my specs. Parts I've purchased from Scott are, of course, the chassis, headers with 1 7/8" primaries, upper and lower a-arms complete with new bushings, Gaz adjustable shocks (aluminum) complete with new springs front and rear and a custom Coleman Racing steering rack. Not sure what that is sitting in the background in a couple of the photos.

DSCN1983.jpg

DSCN1984.jpg

DSCN1985.jpg

DSCN1986.jpg

DSCN1987.jpg

A few more photos of 'The Phoenix' Storker rebirth. Scott did an exemplary job of finishing the chassis to my specs. Parts I've purchased from Scott are, of course, the chassis, headers with 1 7/8" primaries, upper and lower a-arms complete with new bushings, Gaz adjustable shocks (aluminum) complete with new springs front and rear and a custom Coleman Racing steering rack. Not sure what that is sitting in the background in a couple of the photos.

Lookin' good!

I guess Scott is working on a Batmobile in his spare time.