Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. I'm certain Jon was the US Distributor in 2000. Initials of Seller are JMN. Coincidence? :rofl: Jon new his stuff and was very helpful to me.
  2. Don't think so Mike, pretty sure it's Jon Nelson. Want to bet?:seeya:
  3. Croc definitely has more expertise in the area of importing cars, but in my opinion, you've got a very nice track only car. Hope I'm wrong. Good Luck Tom
  4. Croc, has been on a Walkabout down under.
  5. Rears should fit, but I think the front wings will interfere if the tires are too tall. I run wheels of that size on my 2000 Caterham but I have Clams up front so no issue with clearance. I have cycle fenders on my orange car and I'd need to take the front wings off and either fab up wider ones or extend the wing bracket up to get clearance. MMMV Tom
  6. In the spirit of the Season, this seems appropriate. :flag:
  7. Come on in, the water is fine. :devil::devil::devil::devil:
  8. You could call or email the parts department tomorrow. They usually will respond. I have a fair amout of spare parts in my garage for both cars. I just can't remember if I have any RoverK hoses. Can't check right now, but I will rummage thru the garage tomorrow to see if I have that hose or any hose for my K series. Check back tomorrow. Tom
  9. Nope, nothing that looks like that on my Duratec. Here's the link for the RoverK series hose. This one is in Silicon and Blue, they have red, black and just plain rubber hoses too. Good luck. Tom https://caterhamparts.co.uk/hoses/3141-bottom-hose-dry-sump-rover-blue.html?search_query=duratec+hoses&results=328
  10. That hose looks just like the bottom hose for my RoverK series Dry sump engine. it is listed on the caterhamUK parts site. I'll go look at my Duratec engined car and see if there are any similar hoses. Be Right Back.
  11. Caterham uk has them https://caterhamparts.co.uk/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=exhaust+header+duratec&submit_search=
  12. Very Nice Looking Car! Are you going to race it? Good luck with it. Tom
  13. Mike M, I forget the results number, but Jeff said it feels a lot quicker. Jeff, Simon and I had a good session last week where we all played tag. Luckily I have more power and can catch them on the straights, because I can't stay with those crazies on the turns. :ack:
  14. Yes, I have dealt with Steve at SBD. My Cosworth built Duratec has a set of his cams that bumped the Hp from 280 to 310, done by the original owner. I had Steve do a dyno tune/mapping of the engine and that as Croc mentioned was done remotely with Steve taking over my computer and doing the tune without physically being present. JBH, (Jeff, just bought a new ECU for his Zetec powered Caterham and Steve again did a remote Tune. Steve was very helpful, and does carry a bunch of parts specifically for Duratec motors in Caterham applications. And Steve will definitely be able to tell you about your engine if he built it. He keeps pretty good records. Tom
  15. If you mean the ribbed strip that goes between the clamshell and the body, then you probably just need to tighten a few bolts on the clamshell. Tom
  16. Congrats! Great Car, I had the pleasure of riding in it when Collen took it out at our 7s event at NJMP. Sounds beautiful when you lean on the go pedal. Best of luck with the registration process and the Car. Tom
  17. This was my solution. Pretty easy, I used a nice sturdy piece of aluminum angle stock and a cheap ebay motorcyle mirror. works with the windscreen and the brooklands. Uses the same mounting holes for either. http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14594&stc=1
  18. Hi Todd, I keep promising to attend this event, but this year's excuse was a NJMP drivers club trackday on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get there to watch you next year. Congrats on the Win! I'm betting that they start making you add weight or assess you a few seconds handicap. Great Driving. Gotta love a Se7en. Tom
  19. Keep at it, you have less than one year to get it ready for the 7s gathering at NJMP. :driving: Mine yellow car is also a 2000 Superlight that has an R spec engine. When I ordered my car, Paint was an option. As was anything that added weight. i.e. heater, windscreen, carpeting, etc. I opted to have the spare tire mount deleted from my build order. I also wanted Clams for the front wings, as I liked that look. So I traded out the carbon wings for the Mike Barnby Magnesium wheels which are very light. Each 7 is unique. No two are exactly alike in my experience. Enjoy! Tom
  20. Looks like a nicely optioned car Vlad. Good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing it on track at NJMP with us next year. Tom
  21. If left turns are your issue, you should come to NJMP there are only 2 lefts on each track. :driving: And they are the slowest turns on the tracks. Well it MIGHT help. :leaving: Tom
  22. My 2000 Caterham water temp gauge is in C. and the car runs right at 80 C which is dead middle in the gauge. 80C is about 176F so pretty close to your number. Is the gauge just rotated a bit?
  23. Cough, BDR, Cough. :seeya: Tom
  24. I usually fill a couple of 2.5 gallon plastic tanks or a couple of 5 gallon ones, and use a flexible funnel that will fit in the filler hole and fill it that way. I never took it to a gas station.
  25. Just reread your prior posts and you must have the patience of a saint. I hate electrical issues. Once that damn smoke gets out, the wires never seem the same. :rofl: Good luck with the completion of your build. Once it's running, wiping the big grin off your face will be your only problem. Hopefully its sooner than later. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...