-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Just over three weeks to go. Still have a shot to get to 20 cars on track. Here is the attendee list to date. Tom Updated Potential attendees to date: 1) Croc Registered 2) Yellowss7 Registered 3) BBall7754 4) Kitcat Registered 5) S1Steve Registered 6) SK400 Registered 7) Sabbot Registered 8) Wemdt Spectating? 9) RGTorque 10) Paul Hill (and wife, spectating) 11) FE07 Registered 12) Dave D (and Bev) Registered 13) 951N914 (Scott L) Registered 14) JBH Registered 15) Simon450 and Carrie Registered 16) Len C ( NJMP member) 17) Paul A 18) Michael D. (and wife) Registered 19) Dave H. (and wife) 20) JeffS (hopefully :willy_nilly:) 21) FMorser Registered 22) Norm .B Registered 23) Paul M. Registered
-
Jim, go in and edit your registration, the July 4th dinner is listed as July 4th BBQ on the water. Click the number of attendees box with the number attending and save the edit.
-
Jim, I'm pretty sure these are the ones Karl put in the Orange car. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHROTH-RACING-Profi-II-6-HANS-6-Point-FIA-Racing-Harness-SFI-2-belt-BLACK/151131412718?_trksid=p2060778.c100276.m3476&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140725133649%26meid%3D55dcc4b367ea4be8a7d3e11fe60047b4%26pid%3D100276%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D141121319633 I bought new ones from these guys. http://www.kitcarsupplies.co.uk/products/copy-of-titon-4-point-fia-harness I researched the hans mounting issue. You could make a plate mounted in the original holes with new correctly spaced holes. Or have a new bung welded in since you have your fuel cell out. You can run the crotch strap up thru the seat cushion and sit on it making it long enough to click in.
-
See you Soon! Tom
-
Seb, you are so competitive. You know that this is just a fun little get together with a little friendly laps.:rofl: Now on the go kart track it might get a little more competitive. :cuss::devil: But seriously, Croc and I are really looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the new guys that are coming out this year. We are certainly going to miss our V8 Storker guys Mario and Shane this year. As well as Michael from Florida, but hopefully they will all have healed and will be able to join us again next year. Seb, but from what I've heard, Kelli is going to be your real competition on track. If she get's the bug then you will most likely have to build another car. :driving:
-
Checking in on the Motorsportreg site tonight I noticed we picked up two new attendees registering. Norm B. with his National level SCCA autoxing Caterham and Paul M, with our first Storker to sign up this year. Croc and I spoke tonight and we are pretty confident that there are still quite a few more that will be signing up in the next couple of weeks as we get closer. Just a reminder, NJMP does NOT charge your credit card until the day of the event, so by registering now you give them an advanced notice to allow them to plan accordingly for food, scheduling etc. So Mike and I encourage you to register now if you are planning to attend. You can always cancel if needed. It's looking like we may even top last year's participation level so even if you don't want to track your Se7en, this is a great opportunity to come out and enjoy the company of other crazy se7en owners. Updated Potential attendees to date: 1) Croc Registered 2) Yellowss7 Registered 3) BBall7754 4) Kitcat Registered 5) S1Steve Registered 6) SK400 Registered 7) Sabbot Registered 8) Wemdt 9) RGTorque 10) Paul Hill (and wife, spectating) 11) FE07 12) Dave D (and Bev) Registered 13) 951N914 (Scott L) Registered 14) JBH 15) Simon450 and Carrie Registered 16) Len C ( NJMP member) 17) Paul A 18) Michael D. (and wife) Registered 19) Dave H. (and wife) 20) JeffS (hopefully :willy_nilly:) 21) FMorser Registered 22) Norm B. Registered 23) Paul M. Registered
-
Great news Seb. Way to keep at it. 5 weeks to go! Start polishing!!! Simon's red and white one is a year newer and still pretty shiny!! Tom
-
Jeremy Clarkson Suspended from Top Gear
yellowss7 replied to scannon's topic in Politics, Religion and Controversy
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Michael, You are WAAY off base. The Three Stooges are and will always be funny. Calling Doctor Howard, Dr. Fine, Doctor Howard!!! Knuc, Knuc, Knuc,!:cheers: -
Seems like a lot of work to get that body off. Knowing you, that will be one of the best Elan's out there. Can't wait to see it. I remember the first one I ever saw. I was driving my 68 Spitfire and one waved as it passed me going the other way. Couldn't stop drooling. Hope to see you at NJMP one of these days. Tom
-
Well, I guess I couldn't shame Croc into getting last year's video editing done, so I thought I'd post a couple of my favorite video's from Certified Lotus, who somehow finds great music for his videos. :seeya: Hi Glen. Enjoy!
-
Seb, you didn't mention what you were doing with setting the Toe. I had a little toe out which helps with turn in but is a little prone to tramlining on the street. (following the grooves, ridges etc) The other key things to consider is are you having any bump steer? which can be sorted with a shim or so under the steering rack and then the Castor, which is determined by the number of washers in front of or behind the front bolts on the lower wishbones.
-
I wish. If Croc ever gets off his duff and puts the video together, the tape will not lie. Sorry for the thread Hijack! My question is still a real one, Does aero help at autox speeds???
-
Shane, I was trying to be diplomatic, :bs: You on the other hand, definitely proved to me that down force can make a difference on the track. I know the 500 or so HP of your car helped lower your times a bit, but you were consistently turning 1:09's on Lightning, your first day at the track. The fastest time I've seen from any other Caterham driver without aero, was Dr. Doug in an R500, and his best is 1:13.01 during a time trial event. Your car was just hooked up thru the turns. It's either the car or you are a driving god. :driving: Hope you are getting better. Tom
-
Just curious, when I use to autox, top speed was probably around 65-70 for the bigger lots/airstrip that we use to run on. Even that speed was not held for more than a couple seconds. Do you really gain much downforce at the slow speeds of autoxing? Tom
-
Kitcat, he's probably not going off track as much as you. And your car wasn't squirrelly, you are just NUTS. :smilielol5:
-
No experience with this. http://www.sears.com/otc-ball-joint-separator/p-00971255000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid=00971255000&pla=&kispla=00971255000P&mktRedirect=y But a BFH is still cheaper and quicker. :rofl: Get R Done! Tom
-
Seb, the traditional method, is bang it with two hammers. Really.:willy_nilly:
-
You Lib's are always about hurting the other guy. Taking from the rich. Blah Blah blah. I was just trying to get you a nice meaningful momento of our time together. :jester:
-
Careful Kitcat, I'm stuck at the shore this weekend and I have internet service, so I will be searching EBay for the appropriate "Awards" for this year. :jester: I'm thinking a nice Hillary or Barack doll for you. :puke::flag: Tom
-
We are about 6 weeks out and The long range forecast is absolutely PERFECT!!! But then again they are predicting global warming, so what the hell do they know.:bs: Mike and I have heard from the powers to be at the track and they are excited to once again host our little gathering of Se7en's. Dinner on the 4th on the River should be a great night with a strong possibility of a view of the local fireworks display. The possibility of a tour of Croc's garagemahal is in and of itself worth the price of admission. :troll: So get your cars ready, your tow vehicles and trailers prepped and sign up!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting out with a nice group of 7s on track. :party: Tom Updated Potential attendees to date: 1) Croc Registered 2) Yellowss7 Registered 3) BBall7754 4) Kitcat Registered 5) S1Steve Registered 6) SK400 Registered 7) Sabbot Registered 8) Wemdt 9) RGTorque 10) Paul Hill (and wife, spectating) 11) FE07 12) Dave D (and Bev) Registered 13) 951N914 (Scott L) Registered 14) JBH 15) Simon450 and Carrie Registered 16) Len C ( NJMP member) 17) Paul A 18) Michael D. (and wife) Registered 19) Dave H. (and wife) 20) JeffS (hopefully :willy_nilly:) 21) FMorser Registered
-
Welcome aboard Fred. We all leave our cars at the track where they are safe. The track is fenced, gated and patrolled by security 24 hours. We are part of the usual Drivers Club member days that weekend so there will be a lot of cars there in the paddock all weekend. Croc and I will arrive early Friday afternoon and we will have an area set aside for all the 7's attending. My Orange caterham has a similar keyless set up BTW. :ack: Tom
-
Seb, around 3.5 negative camber is the Blat chat recommendation for the ZZR's. If you are switching back and forth between them and the CR500's then you could compromise with -2.75 to -3.0 if you didn't want the full -3.5. And just to clarify semantics, your front wings are the Cycle fender type not Clams :jester: Clams are the old school style that I run on the Yellow car. They make tire width changes a breeze, and look way cooler. :smilielol5:
-
Seb, I believe it's 15mm lower in front than the back for the rake. measured from the front motor mounts and the rear tube just infront of the rear wing mounting point. How low you go up front is dependent on how brave you are with your sump. :jester: I seem to recall, 75mm as a safe road height but for track you could go lower. Just remember you need some clearance to get the car on and off the trailer. I have a couple of C spanners that came with the car for adjusting the spring perches, but If you are careful You might be able to loosen them with a big screw driver and hammer, just be sure to take the weight off the wheel to make it easier. Tom
-
Hi Jim, I got mine from Pegasusautoracing.com. I used a couple cable ties to attach it. I'm pretty sure I have a big piece left that you are welcome to. Just bring some wire cutters to the NJMP gathering. :cheers:
-
I use 5W-50 Redline as that's what Karl was using. The other key of course it to make sure the oil is warmed up before wringing the crap out of the motor. I usually do 3-5 laps easy just to bring the oil temp up before I start to use the rev range. I did the same with my Kseries motor for almost 15 years without an issue. (knocking on wood as I say that). :smash:
