-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
I'm definately a Slacker. :cooldude: I ran with a group called SCDA (sports car drivers assoc) at one of their trackdays at NJMP. Well run, Safety minded and The next year i thru the Idea up on this board and Croc, Blubarisa,Kitcat, MichaelD. Sabbot, Scott L, Dermot, S1steve, and Jbvette showed up As well as Dave, another S1 owner and our pres. Al Navarro made an apperance. Last year was the second annual a couple more additions, With Steve (bball) driving in from St.Louis,and Kitcat from Cincy, and poor Jim, who never had done any track or perfomance driving drove in from State College Pa. (I think Jim was overwhelmed by the experience to say the least. Croc, Blubarisax, JBH and I have since become members at the track and have done a few other days where we have brought a few "guests" on track with us. We run in the same run group and have a heck of alot of fun, playing with the corvettes, Porkers, and other trackday usuals. Croc will have the dates availble in the very near future. Like I said the ontrack activity is alot of fun, but the comraderie in the paddock, and at dinner is just a HOOT! We have kicked around the idea of expanding the activities to include non driving options for those who would like to join in on the fun but don't want to put their cars on track. (Taber, Box, :jester:) There are alot of nice roads, Atlantic City is only 40 miles away as are the other Beaches, there are also quite a few local wineries, museams etc, that would provide opportuinities for those not into trackdays. However, that will require another person to step up and coordinate. AL, Mazda??? If your schedule permits and your butt can take the drive, I can promise you will enjoy yourself. Tom http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6594
-
Were Offenhauser valve covers standard? and what a bout the chrome altenator? I'm not a corvette guy, but they seem odd to me on a stock untouched car. Am I mistaken? Tom
-
The two tracks at NJMP are alot of fun, but no where as much fun as the comraderie at dinner. Croc might even Ride the bronco again!!!:jester: The more the merrier. Our goal this year is 15 Sevens. Heck we may even talk Boxologist into joining in. That alone would be worth the trip up. :jester: Karl will probably have about 1000 HP in his Caterham by then too. Tom
-
Don't write that date in stone yet. I think Croc is trying to work out a deal that may give us other options. Right CROC? Tom
-
And a Wing!!!:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: Tom
-
Karl, you have more that enough car to run with Croc, you just aren't as crazy as he is. :jester: If you're trying to stay with Kitcat and Croc, you just need to rewire your brain so that you have no fear. Just look at their faces after a session, they are possessed. Tom
-
Blubarisax, (Karl) has a Sadev in his SV, but he made the switch to the paddle shift option this year.:drool::drool: I'm sure he'll be along shortly to fill you in on the install and programning of each. Tom
-
Yeah, it seems to be the place to go for the New Jersey crowd. (Senator Mendendez seems to have made quite a few trips there to sample the local talent) :lurk: FBI is now investigating. Croc be careful the Fed are involved. :jester: Tom
-
Wow Karl, you sure sucked Mike right in with that one. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Croc must still be really shook up from that Taxi ride, he's usually not that gullible. Tom
-
Ooooh, This is going to be a fun season. I just heard from Jeff who is having some work done too. I need to grow some balls to be able to keep up with you big dogs. :cheers: My car is on tap to get some new dedion ears, new slicks, a new clutch, Cambelt Change and a new master cylinder. All preventative maintence as the car is now 13 years old. Tom
-
Stuart, nice work! Looks like I'm going to be following you around the track this year. Can't wait to see and hear it. Hope all the rest goes smoothly. Good luck. Tom
-
My guess is that they are Dax. Tom
-
Very Nice Steve.:seeya: Looks like you've been polishing too. :drool: Hope to see you again this year. Tom
-
Or just be Barrett Jackson auctions. A few minutes work and take 10% from the buyer and 10% from the seller and pocket $840K. :jester:
-
I know you guys are alot faster than me, but assuming a 1:40 average lap at Tbolt, a 25 minute session that we do would be about 15 laps. At. 2.25 miles a lap that's 33.75 miles per session. Michael are you doing significantly longer sessions? Even 30 minute sessions would only get you 40.5 miles per session. I know you, Croc and Kitcat are faster than me, but you don't lap me 5 to 7 times per session.:toetap05::ack: I just did the calculations on my usage, on the Hoosier 25b compound and I get around 1000 to 1200 miles per set and that is wringing them out. They usually don't wear out but get less sticky. Althought I will admit to cording the rears on one set last year. But I think that was due to my rear camber ears being ones for a radial tire. I'm changing them over to the .25 degree ears shortly. Tom
-
Don't know if it is either, but on one of his other videos, he claims a 9.54 1/4 mile at 238km/hr. That seems pretty quick to me.
-
Found this clip. Claims 700hp from a volvo engine. :cooldude::cooldude: [/url]
-
:seeya: Just a poor working stiff who had other priorities. The Caterham was my third choice. I originally wanted a 67 427 vette convertible, or an early Etype Jag. Realized that they were nice but old cars that didn't really handle like more modern ones. Someone once told me that the early 7's were the best handling road cars ever made and I looked into them, but again they were 40 old English cars that were fragile when new, let alone 40 years later and probably raced. That's when I found out that the caterham was the same but new. Proved to be a great choice. I have a great car and great new Friends. Happy New Year!! :cheers: Tom
-
My list is not that exotic or long as some here. 68 Spitfire mk3 First car, Learned how to shift, and work on it, which I I did alot. Paid $800 for it in 1973. kept it 5 years. 77 TR7 Nice looking car, nothing but trouble, sold it after 1 year. 72 Datsun 1200 Great little car 79 Toyota Corona Wgn Ugly but bullet proof. Great engine and 5spd. 88 Volvo 240DL First New Car. BORING! various Pontiac Bonnevilles Company Cars Chrysler 300m Company Car Old's Aurora Company Car 2000 Caterham Superlight Built it, Love it. 2002 Porker 996 Carrara Bought from my buddy who put 4500 miles on it in 6 years. 2010 F150. My tow vehicle/everyday driver. great except for gas milage and parking.
-
Gotta love "happy Endings" :jester: Tom
-
I'll bring them to the Sevens gathering at NJMP in the spring if you bring Bessie. :smilielol5:Tom
-
-
I saw it Jeff. My Christmas gift list has a few other BIG ticket items that I didn't plan on. Springing that on the wife right now might not fly. I think she's thinking that the life insurance claim might be a better financial option. :jester: I do want to get a cage, and I really like Karl's design, just not as tall, and with a little more elbow room from the side impact bar as when I sat in Karl's, my elbow seemed to find it easily and I, like you have the S3 chassis not the Sumo Version like Karl's and Mike's. I installed the Tall FIA bar to get a little more head room and I'd definately order one that was as least that tall. I know that you probably could also use the extra height. Let's talk offline. PM me. Tom
-
Skip you are right, the car looks very well cared for and Looks like he ticked almost every box on the options list. Looks like a bargain for that price. Just don't let Kitcat buy it. He'll break it for sure. ;>) tom
-
WOW! That was some nice stuff!
