-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Bruce, I know the Philly region has a NOVICE class, in which you complete for trophies against other novices. Each car has a Handicap called a PAX which is mutliplied against your raw time, there by somewhat equalizing the cars. Bad news for us 7 owners is that our PAX is set by the best drivers and really penalizes the DMod category that we run in. No special licence is required, but I would Strongly recommed taking an instructor with you as often as you can to help you. Tom
-
How about some foam padding on the seat back to move you closer? Tom
-
Croc, I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. :smilielol5: dyno sheet caterham.pdf
-
Sorry Kitcat, Croc is right, his Cosworth hp is 1/3 more than my RoverK. My 195bhp is at the crank. My right foot is also alot lighter and shorter than his and yours too. :jester: Tom
-
If I can't catch em, then I have to distract them. :seeya:
-
Here is the original version of my video without the Youtube fix. Definately better without their help. [/url]
-
Looks like you've sourced a very nice muffler for your new 7. I bet you could sell the rest off nicely.:rofl: Get er done Mazda, the third annual 7's outing at NJMP is less than a year away. Tom
-
Karl, you are exactly right. Pete is a very nice guy and he was trying to be nice and point me by early. I purposely wasn't buzzing him like (kitcat/the "enama" does) :jester: When I saw how far off line he was I Knew he wouldn't make that turn. (been there done that) Back in the paddock, he said he basically had a brain fart and forgot where he was on track. Luckily he saved it and didn't run into the armco on the right like some do on that turn. Tom
-
Thanks Croc, I mistakenly let the youtube editor fix, what it said it detected as a shakey clip. The orginal does not have that effect. As for the mic, yep I have to experiment a bit more. Still getting wind noise. Pete was way off line going into the turn, When I saw him give me the point by, I knew that he was going to have trouble. Luckly, we weren't going fast when it happened.
-
Here's a short clip from last Monday's trackday. This video shows how quickly things can go bad. Tom
-
Here are a few pictures of my mirror mount.
-
Skip, I'm not home right now, and I don't have a pic on file, but the simple solution was to buy a piece of aluminum angle iron, that was thick enough to be stiff but not to stiff that I couldn't cut it easily with a dremel or hacksaw. (I don't have a workshop like some on here. ) I measured enough lenght to line up with the holes on the brookland band, and cut it off and rounded off the edges with the dremel. Drill a couple of holes and on for the mirror stalk. I ordered a couple of motorcycle style mirrors, from ebay that had a long enough stem and a big enough mirror. I think I paid 10 or 12 bucks for the pair. the aluminium angle piece fits flush against the brooklands band and provides a place to mount the mirrors. Found a pic that you can just make it out. I'll take a close up pick when I get back home. Tom
-
Mike, more than one quart, less than 2.
-
Bruce, when you get your brooklands, I have a neat simple and cheap solution for mounting side mirrors. Tom
-
Mike, Redline MTL is what I use in mine. Works fine. Yes there is a bottom drain plug in the 6 speed. The filler plug is on the right hand side of the gearbox. You either need to cut down a hex key for the tight clearance, or you can cut out a hole in the side of the passenger side tunnel to get access. You will need a long flexi tube funnel to fill it. I have a cut down allen wrench if you need to borrow it. Best way to cut it down is with a dremel, using a cutoff disc. Hacksaw takes waaay too long. Tom
-
Bruce, I added them to my car last year when I installed the brooklands. The bolts are already there. There is a flat piece that you remove after taking the nuts off and the new captive nut piece is slide in and the nuts put back on. Once the panels are off its a 2 minute job. Tom
-
Great analysis Dr. Croc!:seeya: Jon, Nelson should hire you as his Consultant/expert to get his cars street legal. Tom
-
Good luck with the build. :driving: Can't believe it's been 12 years this week since I picked up my crate/boxes. Still remember the day well. Rented a truck, went to customs at the Philly airport, boxes were forked on the truck and when I got home, realized that I had to uncrate the big box on the truck since I couldn't get it safely onto the lift gate. Had to get it done right then as the rented truck was due back because it was college move in week and I had talked the guy into letting me take one if I brought it right back. Thing I remember most was that the largest bag of fasteners was labeled "Miscellaneous" :jester: Hope all your parts made it. Enjoy the assembly and post lots of pics. Tom
-
Very nicely done Croc!:cheers: Sorry my external mic wasn't working. It was a firmware issue that has since been resolved. The low mounted shots were great. Were they from the $15 mini spy cam? It's definately a blast with a bunch of Seven's out there together. Loved seeing the different lines that everyone takes. Already looking forward to next year. Maybe we can take a look of expanding the event to include a weekend of non track day stuff, like tours/tastings at some local wineries, a trip to the shore or Atlantic City. and if the timing works, the Friday nite cruise nite and car show at the track that allows for cars to be out for parade laps for those that would like to do the track at a nice sunday drive pace with no passing, helmets etc. The track video is great but it does nothing to show the comraderie and shenanigans that happen at the end of the day and at dinner. :party: Thanks for putting it together Croc! Tom
-
Mike, I don't know about the Birkin, but on the Cat, the adjustment is made under the car by turning a plastic piece on the cable that goes from the brake lever to the calipers that changes the tension. Tom
-
I have to take a pass on this one, still at the shore on vacation. What's scheduled in sept or oct.? Tom
-
Yes! :seeya: first dibs on you motor if your are upgrading. :drool: Tom
-
Possible Caterham evaluation?
yellowss7 replied to centerfireman's topic in General Sevens Discussion
email sent. Tom -
Its the bikers, hot rodders and hard core that love it!
yellowss7 replied to twobone's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Mike, you and the ladies. I still laugh thinking of your encounter at the hotel near Summit point. YOU are a babe magnet. :smilielol5: Tom -
The "Original" R500's were Rover K series based and to my knowledge, only one of those is in the States, in California, and is a RHD version. It is an S3. The newer Duratec R500's are S3's as well, as the R500 designation was originally based on a power to weight ratio of approx. 500bhp per tonne. For an SV to be a Superlight R500, I would think that you'd have to up the base hp up to meet that spec. However, will it be Badged as an R500 from the Factory? Karl's, SV has a 295hp Formula Atlantic spec Cosworth Duratec, which IMO more that qualifies as an R500+++, However, I think his was originally an R400. Like my Superlight, it is badged as Number 123. But the motor is the VHPD spec of the Superlight R. or in the new terminology an R400. Clear as mud eh? Tom
