Harnesses for US Trackdays

Ferrino

I can't recall if I saw Miata guys wearing arm restraints last year at NJMP. It was a TNIA which is usually a bit more lax, but I don't think safety items are really at the promoters discretion. My tech was giving me a little grief about my head poking a tiny tiny bit through the Elise, even though targa/T-top cars don't have to meet the broomstick test according to a strict reading.

Look up track night america for meets in your area

They meet once a month in various locations and if you are an SCCA member it is around $165

and they dont require certification for seat belts

Track night in America at njmp checked my (expired) harnesses for date and wouldn't let me run them in my Elise. I had to wear the stock 3 point.

• 5 months later...

Reviving this thread to get help with my current belt dilemma.

My Racequip 6-points expired (2019 dating). So I know that I need new belts before I could do a track day at NJMP or probably other places.

The Racequip that I have can be used as 4-point or 6-point, as the buckle is on one of the lap belts. According to Pegasus Racing, FIA now mandates that the buckle be on the crotch belts. So FIA 6-point belts can no longer be used as 4-point. I really don't want to go to all of the trouble and expense of replacing with SFI belts and have only 2-year dating.

Advice?

Why is that?

Also I believe NJMP doesn't allow 4-point in an open car, right Croc?

6 point without HANS increases risk of a cervical spine injury in a big impact. There's a reason why they're required in most racing orgs. Generally 4 point ASM harnesses considered equivalent to a 3 point belt (because in a crash they act like one), so any event where a 3 point is allowed, the 4 point ASM should be allowed.

Also I believe NJMP doesn't allow 4-point in an open car, right Croc?

Correct. NJMP requires open cars to have 5 or 6 point belts, roll bar and arm restraints. No mention of HANS

4 points not permitted at NJMP