2023 USA7s HPDE at NJMP Lightning - CHANGED TO October 14 and 15

Croc

That’s the weekend before the VSCDA race weekend at Road America.  May not be an issue if the Mallock is not running by then….which unfortunately there is a high probability of based on it’s history.

Or, I may do both.

I’m a definite maybe.

Steve

Shaping up to be another fun event.  Hopefully we will see a few of the recent VA owners make the trip up.  It is really a fun event with lots of sevens on track together and the dinners are just as fun.  And hopefully we will get to see the ultimate Caterham make its debut appearance. CATKONG!!!

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

Is there something else going on that day or am I late to the party?

Everything seems booked. VIP and villas...

One is available as full villa rental at 650 a night but I can't swing that...

Anybody want to split a full Villa rental 3 way? It's a 3 bedroom. I'd really prefer to lodge on site due to family needs and if I can't stay on site, then the trip might not be in the cards this year.

For anybody who doesn't have accommodations, reach out and once I have two people interested we can book and secure it. First come first serve. 

$650 a night split 3 ways for 2 nights = $433 total + tax. It's 1 bedroom in upper villa, 2 in the lower. Seems to be the only option left to lodge on premises. 

On 6/24/2023 at 5:08 AM, Vovchandr said:

Is there something else going on that day or am I late to the party?

Yes the Thunderbolt Circuit is hosting FuelFest

FuelFest - NEW JERSEY

You would not want to stay over there anyway even if it was available as it will be a madhouse.  There is something else booked on the Sunday.  

Offsite will be the sensible option.

8 hours ago, Croc said:

Yes the Thunderbolt Circuit is hosting FuelFest

FuelFest - NEW JERSEY

You would not want to stay over there anyway even if it was available as it will be a madhouse.  There is something else booked on the Sunday.  

Offsite will be the sensible option.

Oh. Uh oh. 

With the family in tow my options are either stay on track or not go at all as Millville is too far away to make it useful as point of operations for when little one has needs. 

When you say madhouse... What should be expected? The pits will be crazy or Villas will somehow be affected too?

5 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

Oh. Uh oh. 

With the family in tow my options are either stay on track or not go at all as Millville is too far away to make it useful as point of operations for when little one has needs. 

When you say madhouse... What should be expected? The pits will be crazy or Villas will somehow be affected too?

Thunderbolt circuit will be a zoo.  You will have access controls on the bridge leading to the paddock. 

Do you just want to get accommodation offsite in Millville or Vineland and borrow my garage loft for the day?  I will be over at the Lightning circuit.  Air con will be on.  TV and wifi will be working.  There is a bathroom.  Only catch is the stairs but no worse than the villas.

On 6/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, Vovchandr said:

Anybody want to split a full Villa rental 3 way? It's a 3 bedroom. I'd really prefer to lodge on site due to family needs and if I can't stay on site, then the trip might not be in the cards this year.

For anybody who doesn't have accommodations, reach out and once I have two people interested we can book and secure it. First come first serve. 

$650 a night split 3 ways for 2 nights = $433 total + tax. It's 1 bedroom in upper villa, 2 in the lower. Seems to be the only option left to lodge on premises. 

Bump. If I can't find a 3rd within a week or so I'll start to secure alternate plans through Millville or similar. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are now just 8 weeks away from our Sevens Gathering at NJMP.  Hopefully everyone has made lodging reservations.  And have the parts necessary to get their cars ready.  I know one of our members needs a new Caterham six speed if anyone has a spare one lying around.  

This is a great opportunity to get your Seven on track with just Sevens, so no dodging 3300 pound vettes and porkers.   It’s also a good opportunity if you are thinking about a Seven, to try on  one or two to see how you fit.  The social hours in the paddock and by the pool are fun too.   So get your cars ready.  See you soon. Tom

Hate to miss this year but coming back from Ireland/Scotland on 9/10.  So..... guess I'll see everybody next year.

Going to try to get to the the Jim Clark museum while in Scotland!

Enjoy and keep em all on the black stuff.

Jim

Paul,  tires should be less than 7 years old, obviously brake pads should be in good Nick , they do look but I don’t remember anyone pulling out a set of calipers to measure them.  Helmets 2015 or newer. Hans dates are not checked as far as I know.  They do check the dates on the harnesses so they must be current.  They look for leaks, they look tires over and do have a check list that they follow and they will check that your brake lights work.  Nothing that you shouldn’t have checked yourselves before going out on track. 

10 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

Villa 201 secured :classic_ohmy:

Now time to see if my car is functional...

Did you book on sight? Just coming back to this now. I may bring a tent and earplugs and sleep in the tow rig. I'll probably bring a stove and some food in a cooler and do a small breakfast for myself.

NJMP is a great track and very curious to see how a 7 handles it. I just have to replace my A arm once I pick the car up from having the head work done, so should be on track. 

• Croc changed the title to 2023 USA7s HPDE at NJMP Lightning - UPDATE LIKELY CHANGED TO SEPT 10/11

Update 7/30/2023

It looks like NJMP has changed the dates to Sunday September 10 and Monday September 11 to avoid the conflict with FuelFest on the Saturday.  We have had no official confirmation of this other than via Motorsportreg.com dashboard.  We will find out from NJMP what is going on and update you accordingly.